SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-10, 05:36 AM   #151
wolfpack_jim
Watch

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0

makman congr for your work
I would like to ask if your mod is compatible with olc cold, mkiic, mkiid via jshme. I think not

makman και tomfon μου χαρίζετε απιστευτες ωρες χαλάρωσης και σπαζοκεφαλιάς. Ευχομαι υγεία και καλή διάθεση στα δύσκολα χρόνια που θα 'ρθουν.
Ένας πορωμένος Αγρινιώτης

ps
Νomfon είσαι ο νεφελοδέμον του insignia;

bravo zulu

Last edited by wolfpack_jim; 07-02-10 at 05:40 AM. Reason: dictation
Old 07-03-10, 05:43 AM   #152
aus3620
Nub

Downloads: 45
Default Thanks

Hi Makman,

Thanks for responding. Of course, after posting I had a look at my download and found the help files!

The Angriff in the manual has more "arms" than the two arm version in the game. I presume because there is no "rear" side as per the manual. So using this angriff you can calculate the AOB of the target or the true course of the target.

Thanks again for your many contributions (patches, tutorials, comments) to the forum and SH3/GWX.
Old 07-03-10, 09:45 AM   #153
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Makman, I can't find speed/range charts in your GUI. Is it included or not? If not - how to include them to your mod?
Old 07-05-10, 05:05 PM   #154
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_jim View Post
makman congr for your work
I would like to ask if your mod is compatible with olc cold, mkiic, mkiid via jshme. I think not

makman και tomfon μου χαρίζετε απιστευτες ωρες χαλάρωσης και σπαζοκεφαλιάς. Ευχομαι υγεία και καλή διάθεση στα δύσκολα χρόνια που θα 'ρθουν.
Ένας πορωμένος Αγρινιώτης

ps
Νomfon είσαι ο νεφελοδέμον του insignia;

bravo zulu
hello Wolfpack_jim,

yes, you can enable MaGui after Olc gold but have in mind this:
one of the parts of Olc gold mod is Olc's gui.so, if you enable MaGui after Olc gold you will miss Olc's gui as all files that are altering the gui will be overwritten by MaGui's files

Γεια σου Αγρινιο ! χαιρομαι που την απολαμβανεις την ολη φαση...! ευχομαι κ εγω υγεια κ παντα χαρες ! μην ανυσηχεις για τις μερες που ερχονται....βλεπεις τα ...ευρωλιγουρια 'μυρισαν' την ελλαδιτσα κ τους ...αρεσε ! αλλα ενα τους λεμε: ''ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ'' !μπλεξαμε ,βεβαια,με τους αχρηστους κλεφταραδες πολιτικους που εχουμε αλλα μονο καλυτεροι θα βγουμε τελικα.επρεπε καποτε να δοθει ενα τερμα σε αυτες τις ...συμμοριες

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus3620 View Post
Hi Makman,

Thanks for responding. Of course, after posting I had a look at my download and found the help files!

The Angriff in the manual has more "arms" than the two arm version in the game. I presume because there is no "rear" side as per the manual. So using this angriff you can calculate the AOB of the target or the true course of the target.

Thanks again for your many contributions (patches, tutorials, comments) to the forum and SH3/GWX.
hi Aus,

have a look here: [REL] Manos Gui (MaGui)

at post 45 you will find explainations on why the front side of attack disc has two ''arms''.
no ,the uses of front side of attack disc are not only the two you mentioned. just to name some additional uses:

1.you can choose the aob that you will attack (if you know the target's course) and the disc can show you ,fast, the course that you must set to your sub in order to intercept the target's course with the given aob

or
2.disc can,also, show you the relative to north bearings(if you want to get them from disc)

you see,front side of disc can do a lot of things and maybe you will discover more by your own imagination.

the back side of attack disc is attached to the navigator officer's orders.clic on him and look at the right edge of your screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
Makman, I can't find speed/range charts in your GUI. Is it included or not? If not - how to include them to your mod?
hi Jaxa,

place you cursor at the right edge of screen at navmap page and these charts will pop up.
if you are using the MaGui's version for lsh3 v5 then these charts are draggable (again at navmap page)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 07-12-10, 09:15 AM   #155
wolfpack_jim
Watch

Makman hi again

I would like to ask something about the shipchart. I see the drawings and colours but i don't know what it's colour means. If you have any idea you it's welcome. Ah and another think. Doing a reacearch in the net i find in wikipedia that liberty ship displasment is about 14000 tons but in the tmt2 it's appears some 7000 tons. What is going on?

thank in advance for your imply
Old 07-13-10, 09:53 AM   #156
wolfpack_jim
Watch

This morning i did my third patrol with my UIIA and i engaged a medium cargo at 5500 meters. The aob was few degrees less than 90 but to your mod i red few degrees plus. Is it reliable at these distances or i am loosing something here.
thx mate
Old 07-15-10, 01:29 AM   #157
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Makman hi again

I would like to ask something about the shipchart. I see the drawings and colours but i don't know what it's colour means. If you have any idea you it's welcome. Ah and another think. Doing a reacearch in the net i find in wikipedia that liberty ship displasment is about 14000 tons but in the tmt2 it's appears some 7000 tons. What is going on?

thank in advance for your imply
hi Wolfpack_jim,
what do you mean shipchart ? the freighter's panel at obs scope ?
about your second question , at TMT v2 ,the values for displacements are not edited . the 7170 tons that you see at recmanual is the displacement value that ship is using at its .sim file . this value is the unique value from gwx or from devs (if we assume that gwx hasn't edit it also)

Quote:
This morning i did my third patrol with my UIIA and i engaged a medium cargo at 5500 meters. The aob was few degrees less than 90 but to your mod i red few degrees plus. Is it reliable at these distances or i am loosing something here.
thx mate
i think that you are trying to get aob from the wheels , right ? if yes, then have in mind that the wheel's method for attacking is only when you want a fast solution for the target (basically when you are in pressure).so, yes your target is very very far (at 5,5 km) for getting an very accurate aob . distance is the 'problem' here .
also, never 'stick' to a solution by one measurment ,always you must 'fining' your solution and this needs time and patience (but if you are in a hurry then you can use the wheels for attacking but your target will be close enough so your solution data will be pretty good then)

bye

Old 07-15-10, 06:30 AM   #158
wolfpack_jim
Watch

i meant jibuna's shipchart.pdf (http://www.filefront.com/13792872/shipchart.pdf). i can't find any information about the colours of "sweet spots"

Yes i was meaning finding the aob from the wheels...

thnx
Old 07-18-10, 07:18 PM   #159
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

I've just realized that I forgot to express my admiration for this mod. It's amazing how many tools you've managed to integrate and simply how awesome it looks.
Old 07-19-10, 06:51 PM   #160
Henri II
Sparky

Downloads: 47
Default Some questions

Hi,

after a long time with GWX and OLC GUI I decided to switch to LSH3 and to try this new (to me) GUI. I love it, especially the combination of all the wheel gizmos with the little notepad. I have just two questions:

1. How do I switch bewtween the different controll dials? I mean compass/rudder, telegraph/knots? I can't seem to find any button or switch for that.

2. Rangefinding with the notepad works great, but it seems to be impossible to send the range to the TDC, the way it used to be in the vanila game. Unless I misremember that. Is it supposed to be impossible or am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-20-10, 12:17 AM   #161
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
I've just realized that I forgot to express my admiration for this mod. It's amazing how many tools you've managed to integrate and simply how awesome it looks.
thank you Kara , i know that ....you know that is more difficult than playing chess with pc at hard level !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri II View Post
Hi,

after a long time with GWX and OLC GUI I decided to switch to LSH3 and to try this new (to me) GUI. I love it, especially the combination of all the wheel gizmos with the little notepad. I have just two questions:

1. How do I switch bewtween the different controll dials? I mean compass/rudder, telegraph/knots? I can't seem to find any button or switch for that.

2. Rangefinding with the notepad works great, but it seems to be impossible to send the range to the TDC, the way it used to be in the vanila game. Unless I misremember that. Is it supposed to be impossible or am I doing something wrong?
hello Henri II,

for ...
1. place your cursor at the left of each dial and the secondary dial will pop up automatically

sending range to tdc is very easy to be done . (so easy that can be done by changing one id....or two ,can't remember right now)

I ,also, will like it more to be done so BUT there is a problem here! (big problem)
if i make it to send range to tdc,then the problem is that is sending all data (aob-speed) to tdc . this is hardcoded (afaik) and i don't know a way to overpass this.

maybe you think that there is no notepad at the gui BUT the notepad is hardcoded . this means that there is at every gui but to some of them is OFF view of player .the attack scope page of magui is using also one more element from notepad(exept the range element)...the aob in order to show the aob wheels. this means that if the player have used the aob wheels and after that the stadimeter then...when you press the button to send range to tdc it will send also the aob (becuase aob wheels is a 'covered' aob dial) and will mess the solution . thats why this fuction (sending range to tdc) is disabled.
you have to manualy set the range to tdc.

as i said , i also would like it to be the other way but i can't find a way to make it so...

bye

EDIT : WAIT A MINUTE ! i think i have an idea that might work ! will let you know !

edit 2 : no ! i changed also the altering at dials.cfg but this also didn't work totally correct .(it did the trick but other problems are appearing...).difficult to explain...but i am afraid that range will stay as it is (manually input).

Last edited by makman94; 07-20-10 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-20-10, 02:57 AM   #162
Henri II
Sparky

Downloads: 47

Well, it's not a big problem, I just wasn't sure if it was intended or if I was making a mistake.
Old 07-20-10, 09:23 PM   #163
Seminole
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 102

I DLed the mod and started by reading the Readme...no German allowed...English Only.......rats!!!!

Any chance of the German language being accommodated?
Old 07-21-10, 09:40 AM   #164
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I DLed the mod and started by reading the Readme...
...good start !

Quote:
no German allowed...English Only.......rats!!!!
by that i mean that you have to use the english texts. (german texts are not adjusted becuase ,as you understand, i don't know german) .you can switch,though, to german voices (at the start options) if this is the case.voices is ok to be set either to german or english.

what ''rats'' means?

Quote:
Any chance of the German language being accommodated?
do you speak german ? if yes,come give a hand(i will show you the parts that must be changed) and make the adjustments for german languange.

Old 07-21-10, 11:53 AM   #165
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
what ''rats'' means?
It's an expression of mild dismay. Like "heck" or "shucks" or "darn" ... often used by characters in the comic strip "Peanuts."
Closed Thread