Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-17, 08:58 AM   #1
Sapphire
Swabbie

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default SHII

Just to say I am still playing this sim after all these years and consider it the best u-boat sim out there
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 01:44 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

Sapphire! After almost seven years silent running!I'm still playing that one, SHII too, along-side Destroyer Command and Aces of the Deep.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 02:22 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Sapphire
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 12:05 PM   #4
p55carroll
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Just to say I am still playing this sim after all these years and consider it the best u-boat sim out there
Rather than start my own thread, I'll just "necro" this one, because I just want to say something similar: I played SH2 (GOG version) last night and enjoyed it pretty well.

I only did it because SH3 stopped working, but both games are good. I'd be interested in hearing, though, why someone would prefer II over III.
p55carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 03:42 PM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Well, seen on its own SH2 is certainly a nice game. But gamers who have played ALL series of SH will tell you that SH2 is at the bottom of the SH ranking for different reasons, one of them being that the campaign is not dynamic. For a dynamic campaign you need to play SH1, SH3, SH4 or SH5 (but not SH2!)
My prefered SH series are:

SH5 + TWOS (Atlantic battlefield)
SH3 + LSH3 (or WAC) (Atlantic battlefield) - @p55carroll: Can be played on Win7, Win8, Win10
SH1 Commander Edition 1.31 (Pacific battlefield)
SH4 + GFO (Pacific battlefield + UBoat expansion for german subs in Indian Ocean)
SH2 - Not a dynamic campaign but: has tons of modded single missions available to download.

But more important: enjoy the game!

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-21-17 at 04:04 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 02:57 AM   #6
SeaDrake
Watch

Location: up on Dugdown Mountain north Georgia no joke that is the mountains name
Downloads: 61
Default help with sh2

I know it has been a while since I have posted and even then did not post much but I was in the hospital most recently having my right knee totlely replaced.
last week I reinstalled uplay on my laptop and found out I had silent hunter 2 among my games so I installed it but now I can not get it to play right due to I thank the graphics setting but am unable to fix it.
here is some images (screen captures)
oh I have tryed uninstalling and reinstall it did not work.
sorry but it will not let me upload so I will have to give you a link to the video I made of the trouble:

here is the link

any help would be very thank full or how ever I should say thank you for any help
SeaDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 05:04 AM   #7
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Sapphire
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below
Old 12-29-17, 02:47 PM   #8
SeaDrake
Watch

Location: up on Dugdown Mountain north Georgia no joke that is the mountains name

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDrake View Post
I know it has been a while since I have posted and even then did not post much but I was in the hospital most recently having my right knee totlely replaced.
last week I reinstalled uplay on my laptop and found out I had silent hunter 2 among my games so I installed it but now I can not get it to play right due to I thank the graphics setting but am unable to fix it.
here is some images (screen captures)
oh I have tryed uninstalling and reinstall it did not work.
sorry but it will not let me upload so I will have to give you a link to the video I made of the trouble:

here is the link

any help would be very thank full or how ever I should say thank you for any help

nevermind I went to the download section here and discoved the patch after installing it it now runs great.
this game seems alike like the Silent hunter online game that was online up till last year
Oh where can I find a copy of the manule
Thanks
Old 12-29-17, 02:55 PM   #9
SeaDrake
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by p55carroll View Post
Rather than start my own thread, I'll just "necro" this one, because I just want to say something similar: I played SH2 (GOG version) last night and enjoyed it pretty well.

I only did it because SH3 stopped working, but both games are good. I'd be interested in hearing, though, why someone would prefer II over III.
in my case playing sh2 was an easy chouce LOL I discovered that I been gifted the game on Uplay and I had been looking for a game simulacra to Aces of the deep and silent hunter online, the last sub sim I had was 988 and that was the last game I could buy
you see my health has gone nearly all togehr I told all of you when i joined that I could only walk with the aid of a cane and was afread Imight have to go the wheel chair (been fighting that since 1992)
well I tryed to postpone it by having my knee's total replaced they did the right one on nov. and now I am stuck using a walker due to having sseachers and falling all the time next year they will be doing the left one.
why on gods green earth am I doing this to myself it is not going to help me wak if I have to use a walker for now on!! sorry
Old 12-29-17, 02:56 PM   #10
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > SeaDrake
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below
Old 12-30-17, 02:25 PM   #11
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Silent Hunter II brings back a lot of fond memories for me. It was the first major title where I was asked to play test the game. I made some great friends with the SH2 dev team. It was a pretty big improvement over SH1 in some way, like being able to look around, up and down, on the bridge. And when it worked, playing in conjunction with Destroyer Command was fun. Plus, we were able to start the Wolfpack League and that was REALLY fun.
Old 12-30-17, 02:56 PM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDrake View Post
... why on gods green earth am I doing this to myself it is not going to help me wak if I have to use a walker for now on!! sorry
Like Dori in "Finding Nemo" says: "Just keep moving, moving moving - Just keep moving...", or something to that effect. Gotta keep moving, even if it is with a walker, or they ~will~ put you in a wheelchair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Silent Hunter II brings back a lot of fond memories for me. It was the first major title where I was asked to play test the game. I made some great friends with the SH2 dev team. It was a pretty big improvement over SH1 in some way, like being able to look around, up and down, on the bridge. And when it worked, playing in conjunction with Destroyer Command was fun. Plus, we were able to start the Wolfpack League and that was REALLY fun.
I was a DC guy. Ah yesh, I remember it well... somehow or other, I seemed to get sunk as soon as I gave chase to a sub. I don't think there was enough zig to my zag... but it was indeed fun!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 05:34 PM   #13
SeaDrake
Watch

Default Looking for players of SHII multiplayers

evening or morning which ever may be the case
ok what I was wondering how my players out there still play SHII
I was thanking it might be fun to start a SHII club or what ever you would call it anyway for multiplayer games.
LOL but right now I can not seem to finsh the first campain mission I sink the first DD but the other 2 get away one of them though is in bad shape the other keeps me down while it gets away then moves off and waits for me to come up
I did not thank the AI was that smart to set up a ambush

C. Myrick
SeaDrake