SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-08, 09:20 AM   #601
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

AVGWarhawk wrote:
Quote:
I have been fiddling around in the RFB forums....
Aha! I found the TM spy! Quick get the bug spray!:rotfl:
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 10:35 AM   #602
Archie
Medic

Location: The South Pacific, No, Really.... The South Pacific
Downloads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
luker, just so you know, there's a tanker at Dutch Harbor that's partially pushed up on its side:

It's aligned on a north-south axis, northeast of the southwestern docks.
It's having its keel scraped of barnacles :rotfl:

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy,
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-08, 05:07 AM   #603
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

I looked in the first page, and didnt feel like reading the other 31. But does this mod disable all map contact updates?

I have been at sea for 11 days and Have not seen one ship????

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-08, 11:08 AM   #604
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
I looked in the first page, and didnt feel like reading the other 31. But does this mod disable all map contact updates?

Nope, it does not, you can enable/disable that when you set your realism settings. What the MOD does do is remove all the unrealistic and to numerous ship and naval traffic that Stock SH4 contained and re-writes the campaign layers with historical numbers, and types of shipping/traffic. Excellent and must have MOD!

Keep looking!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-08, 01:55 PM   #605
Seadogs
Ensign

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag

Nope, it does not, you can enable/disable that when you set your realism settings. What the MOD does do is remove all the unrealistic and to numerous ship and naval traffic that Stock SH4 contained and re-writes the campaign layers with historical numbers, and types of shipping/traffic. Excellent and must have MOD!

Keep looking!
Yep, can be a shock to the system but you really feel the determination to get into position for the kill when you do make contact. It also makes the effect of finding a well used shipping lane more pronounced.
Seadogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-08, 04:00 PM   #606
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Default Night Flyers

I seem to be getting an unusually large number of Night Flying Jap aircraft. This patrol is going to North of Luzon from Freemantle. The planes have been spotted after nightfall from around 1900 to after 0200. Then they start coming at me well before dawn starting at around 0400. I didn't think the Japs flew much at night. Makes surface night ops a little creepy, not to mention recharging my batteries.

Never had this problem before - the Japs would usually never be seen from an hour after sunset to an hour after sunrise. Even then, I would usually have to be within 100 nm of some base or other.

Also, these night flyers are not random - they are vectored right at me!
Old 01-29-08, 04:10 PM   #607
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

What year? Japanese planes did have radar late war if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-29-08, 04:14 PM   #608
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

I ran into this problem with a Gar class boat in late 1942 east of New Guinea. I also got bombed at a depth of 160 ft. on the same patrol, but I think that was in day light. I've now learned that either you run at periscope depth with the SD radar antenna raised to get a warning or stay down at 200 ft. For high TC, 200 ft. is the better option.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-08, 06:23 PM   #609
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger
I seem to be getting an unusually large number of Night Flying Jap aircraft. This patrol is going to North of Luzon from Freemantle. The planes have been spotted after nightfall from around 1900 to after 0200. Then they start coming at me well before dawn starting at around 0400. I didn't think the Japs flew much at night. Makes surface night ops a little creepy, not to mention recharging my batteries.

Never had this problem before - the Japs would usually never be seen from an hour after sunset to an hour after sunrise. Even then, I would usually have to be within 100 nm of some base or other.

What year ?

What version ?
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-08, 07:07 PM   #610
idf
Watch

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:

What year ?

What version ?
Same here. Running TMaru 1.7.6 and RSRDC 221. I guess the issue was introduced by TMaru 1.7.6, since I don't remember this happening with 1.7.5 and RSRDC 221. I took a look into TMaru 1.7.6 airstrike.cfg and put Night Modifier=0.0 in, but to no avail. Reverted Default Air Strike Probability back to the stock value of 10 from the value 20 in Tmaru 1.7.6 - I still get aircraft vectored straight at me in the middle of the night quite often (in '42), yet the frequency is more bearable. Since TMaru is not supported anymore by Ducimus (my eternal gratitude to you, if somehow you're gonna read this), I guess this is as good a thread as any to post about this, especially since the issue came up.
Old 01-29-08, 09:15 PM   #611
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Keep looking!
I think I needed a little more patience ^^

Quote:
Yep, can be a shock to the system but you really feel the determination to get into position for the kill when you do make contact. It also makes the effect of finding a well used shipping lane more pronounced.
Aside from the fact I had trouble finding more than a few fishing boats, I really liked the way convoy reports were given... it did feel a lot more realistic. I will give this another shot later on. lurker_hlb3 has certainly done his homework on this one.

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 01-30-08 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-29-08, 11:39 PM   #612
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Quote:

What year ?

What version ?
March 1942 (USS Perch - Porpose Class)
TM176 + RSRDC 221

The problem is probably in the TM176. It hadn't occured before I 'upgraded' from TM175. Frequent airplanes, especially leagues away from any land, was a problem that was taken care of previously, and hadn't re-occured until this latest upgrade.
Old 01-30-08, 01:54 AM   #613
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Default @lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by idf
Quote:
Quote:

What year ?

What version ?
Same here. Running TMaru 1.7.6 and RSRDC 221. I guess the issue was introduced by TMaru 1.7.6, since I don't remember this happening with 1.7.5 and RSRDC 221. I took a look into TMaru 1.7.6 airstrike.cfg and put Night Modifier=0.0 in, but to no avail. Reverted Default Air Strike Probability back to the stock value of 10 from the value 20 in Tmaru 1.7.6 - I still get aircraft vectored straight at me in the middle of the night quite often (in '42), yet the frequency is more bearable. Since TMaru is not supported anymore by Ducimus (my eternal gratitude to you, if somehow you're gonna read this), I guess this is as good a thread as any to post about this, especially since the issue came up.
Me too with the same question...

USS Balao from september to december 1943 in Gilbert - Marshalls area.

Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-08, 05:25 AM   #614
399nkov
Bosun

Downloads: 20

Yep, me too. Heading up the slot to Rabaul I must have encountered fifteen or more nite flights, mid '43. I came across a lite cruiser with a bunch of DD's early dawn. After sinking the cruiser I evaded DD's and came up for some air. Three seperate flights were searching for me, this would be normal after a sinking in my opinion.
To many nite flights for me, so I decided to install :hmm: ParaB's tweaked air strikes while still on patrol. Air traffic got back to normal with no ill effects as I continued my patrol around Rabaul.
399nkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-08, 10:21 AM   #615
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

After initial reservations on this MOD (due to bad luck it seems), I am now a believer

Managed to intercept a few convoys... the map updates are no concern as the hydrophones seem far more capable while on the surface, than they used to be. Convoy layouts are really nice, and there are some VERY juicy targets out there

Great MOD Lurker, thanks for all the effort