SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-10, 08:39 AM   #1
Phantom II
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 Repair Crews

So I just started playing SH4 with TMO. While I was out on my first patrol, I got attacked by a Jap plane and took some pretty bad damage. I put a team on damage control, but they don't seem to be fixing anything? I've waited for about 4 days under time compression, and the priority list is just the same as it was when I left it. Is there some sort of trick to it?
Old 04-20-10, 09:05 AM   #2
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default Repair screen

I'm assuming you mean you've physically dragged crew members into the damage control spots. You may need to fill all the spots depending on the damage. If you've done that then they will be working on the damaged parts. Go to your sub status screen (the tab with the cogs on it) and you'll see all the damaged parts in red (and your sub damage percentage in the upper left which IIRC if over 90 means you're basically SOL). In the bottom center should be a 'list' of the parts being repaired by priority with each one having a little 'bar' on the right side. If you mouseover this 'bar' it should display a number ratio. This should change if the part is being fixed.

Make sure you are not on silent running as the damage control won't do anything if silent running is on.

Lastly, it could be that your sub is simply too damaged to repair. Post a screenshot of your sub status screen and your crew status screen. This will help to nail down the problem.
good luck.
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 09:07 AM   #3
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171

Are you running silent? Have you called crew to "repair stations?" Is the damage of the type that needs you to be surfaced and you are not? Just a few thinks I could think of that would prevent the repair happening.
BillBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 09:58 AM   #4
Phantom II
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 33

Silent Running is off, and the damage control crew is full. We're on battle stations and I have enabled the damage control team. Seems like a bug :/
Old 04-20-10, 12:31 PM   #5
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

Maybe the damage is irreparable? If the compartment / equipment is fully red...
Old 04-20-10, 01:15 PM   #6
Excelsior82
Seaman

Downloads: 11

I also noted some glitches when it comes to repair deck gun or flak. These can be marked as damaged but aren't in fact.

To correct this, I take control of the flak/gun for a few seconds and I suddenly get a message about it's repaired now.

Stranger, after a save/load, it can be marked damaged back

Maybe you can screenshot the damage control view to enable us telling you why it may not be repaired ?
Excelsior82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 08:54 PM   #7
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Another bug that often happens like the CO2 bug is your men will not go into repair mode. If you have damage in a compartment and on battlestations, place your mouse over the men in the compartment, they should list as repairing. If they list as on stations, they're not fixing. You just have to save and reload to clear the bug out. Happens more if you save a lot or tab out a lot...
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-15, 09:00 AM   #8
boomshanka
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 24

For anyone still experiencing this bug I found out that the crew will only start repairing your AA-guns when they are ordered to man them. It does not matter if you order your crew to perform repairs, if they are not assigned to the AA-guns nothing will happen.
boomshanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-15, 09:02 AM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

boomshanka!after a year silent run! (PSSST this is a five year old thread)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-15, 07:15 PM   #10
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

So you were at BS for 4 days. Your crew has mutinied because you never allowed them to sleep and now they are sitting around planing your murder.

Send them sleep. Watch their status return to normal, put them back to work.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote