SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-11, 08:51 AM   #16
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

I noticed him long time ago when he made the Batlestation mod and the Wasserbomben... very talented moder
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 08:55 AM   #17
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
... very talented moder
Word.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 10:25 AM   #18
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

@ Rongel....

Here is my first try... very bad results:

Here is my second try:

I increased the speed, reduced the draft and i reworked the pitch and roll to be close to immersive.... tell me if you like it and i will send you in PM... if you not like it i can try to rework again

EDIT: I will rework more... it is not well balanced

Last edited by stoianm; 05-07-11 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-07-11, 10:25 AM   #19
Budds
Bosun

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 0

Not the best Pic.... But this is what I get, and it aint bad.

Budds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 12:27 PM   #20
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

dont forget to add the "help me" sounds to it, as aviable in the liveboats mod for SH3 (picture above)

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 07:54 PM   #21
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Thanks for your comments, I'll just post a quick reply, not in the condition to say anything smart

Thanks Stoainm for the tuning, the second video didn't look that bad. And in the real game, you don't really follow these lifeboats, they are just a nice detail.

Quote:
Not the best Pic.... But this is what I get, and it aint bad.

This looked really weird, looks like SH 4/ SH 3 boats and crew. Any other have similiar results? The lifeboats should be using SH 5 graphics.

Ok, I'll post more tomorrow. And by the way, I'm a really novice what comes to modding, I just followed SH 4 system, I didn't create anything new.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 09:42 PM   #22
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Like I said, I think they skiped these because they bounce too much on high waves.
Play with the CG, mass, and displacement. Increasing mass and displacement will require more wave 'force' to make the raft move (pitch and roll). Surfaced displacement has to be greater than mass or it will sink.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 01:44 AM   #23
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Play with the CG, mass, and displacement. Increasing mass and displacement will require more wave 'force' to make the raft move (pitch and roll). Surfaced displacement has to be greater than mass or it will sink.
Are these values solid or can be randomly changed to show different cargo & draught for this same ship class?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 02:49 AM   #24
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Reworked again the pitch&roll after TDW sugestions... i improuved a bit.. but i am still limited because the boats are to small... and we modified a lot the waves parameters... but i will say now it is acceptable... i can not do better than that:

Old 05-08-11, 03:06 AM   #25
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post

Looks good.
Old 05-08-11, 03:20 AM   #26
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Looks a bit weird to have so many spec ops boats.. how about importing the sh4 boats?

And what happens with these boats.. they start moving, despawn after a while, what?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 03:26 AM   #27
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Looks a bit weird to have so many spec ops boats.. how about importing the sh4 boats?

And what happens with these boats.. they start moving, despawn after a while, what?
I think these made by rongel are ok... yes.. if you put speed on them they are mooving... test in that mission and you will see... if we import from sh3 will be static... more too wired.. you can easy test... just install the sh3 mod and sink a ship... you will see the lifeboats... in my opinion a lot more realistic the ones that we have now from Rongel... and they are to manny in that mission because the nuber is related to the ship tah you sunk... that one was a very big liner ship... with a lot of persons at board... and some of them were dead in the water also
Old 05-08-11, 04:06 AM   #28
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I first started playing with the Sh 4 lifeboats, that is where I got the idea. SH 4 has two different boats: small, inflatable lifeboat, much like the spec obs boat, and a larger wooden boat. Larger ships spawn wooden boats, smaller boats spawn liferafts. It's a good system but I just couldn't get it to work in SH 5. The boats do spawn, but if I try adding the crew, it crashes the game.

So there is the possibility to use two different boats, smaller and larger, but we just don't have any 3d-models to use, other than the spec obs boat.

Stoainm, thanks for the tuning again, this video looks okay to me .
Old 05-08-11, 04:26 AM   #29
Sbygneus
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 190

Exellent work with the rafts! I like the way they pitch and roll in the movie. I especially like the way they fall into wave valleys - nice gravitation feel.
Sbygneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 09:29 AM   #30
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Got the lifeboat sound FX playing! It adds a nice touch, when you sail past the lifeboats and hear their cries... grim. Not sure however if it makes the game unstable if there are many lifeboats in the water, the wav-file is quite large.

And does anybody know who made the sound effect to the SH 3 Wooden lifeboats mod? Iambecomelife? I should get the permission before I can use it. Anyway I'm going to make the sound optional, so many people have so different SH.sdl-files, it's impossible to make all the compatibility versions.

So the next WIP version will have roster entries for all countries, modified floating effect by Stoainm, and hopefully optional sound effect.