SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-09, 06:14 AM   #76
captcav
Loader

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default English Text

Also found the same when trying to load the trafalga. Certainly not whinging, would like to use those platforms is all, great mod, love it! I ran the CIWS_CADS doctrine through the SC Doctrine Checker and it came up with three errors, i assume this would be the same for the trafalga, maybe this is info that the devs know about already, or maybe not, but i assume this is why the DDG is not loading in RA.

Common?

Cheers,

Captcav

Last edited by captcav; 01-21-09 at 01:54 PM.
captcav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 02:57 AM   #77
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcav
Fearless could you please copy my address into the file you sent to bill as well thanks.

Many Thanks,

Captcav

timc_10@optusnet.com.au
File sent Captcav.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 06:11 AM   #78
captcav
Loader

Thanks for that Fearless. Guys i've done three full uninstalls and reinstalls along with the RA mod, the Udaloy still won't load once a mission has been created for it? English text file is still missing and won't load the platform.

Anyone else had this issue? suggested ways to get around it? I've waited 5 years to be able to use another surface vessel now I can't get the thing to work, how frustrating!

BTW< all the sub work fine! expect the British one, that has the same issue as the Udaloy.

Help needed.

Cheers,

Captcav
Old 01-22-09, 06:20 AM   #79
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

captcav, what version of dw are you using ?
The RA mod works on english installs, if you have a localized version (german or french) then there could be problems.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 03:35 PM   #80
captcav
Loader

No no it's the english version alright, running the 1.04 update patch. Funny thing, in the DW root directory where I ran the two batch files to upload the RA mod I had a look in the general DW interfaces folder, inside all the playable interfaces have their sub-folders which contain all the info needed to convert to a playable, but the Udaloy and the British Sub does not, just a stand alone file, no sub-folder, it's as though the batch isn't translating over the info.

I'm guessing that nobody else has this problem?

After Unraring the files, would it be helpful to do a manual drag and drop of the Udaloy interface folder from the RA files into the DW root director (interface) folder? I don't mind messing around with it cause I do this a lot with the internal files, just interested to know if anyone has a quickest fix solution.

Cheers Guys,

Captcav
Old 01-22-09, 04:10 PM   #81
goldorak
Admiral

Since RA is not mod friendly, the best option would be to do a fresh DW install, apply the 1.04 patch and then install RA over it.
Old 01-22-09, 04:25 PM   #82
captcav
Loader

Yeah I did that a few times last night, but I still think files were left behind after the uninstall. Reason i say that is cause when I installed DW ran the 1.4 patch then ran the batches for RA inside the batches it kept asking me to overwrite existing files... This tells me not everything was taken off in the install.

What was your method of install goldorak? Would Lwami be playing interference?

Captcav
Old 01-22-09, 05:29 PM   #83
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcav
Yeah I did that a few times last night, but I still think files were left behind after the uninstall. Reason i say that is cause when I installed DW ran the 1.4 patch then ran the batches for RA inside the batches it kept asking me to overwrite existing files... This tells me not everything was taken off in the install.

What was your method of install goldorak? Would Lwami be playing interference?

Captcav

Ok here is how I did it.
In my case I already had Lwami and Alfa Tau 3 installed through jsgme since those 2 mods are jsgme-friendly.
Before installing RA I disabled all the mods through jgsme, everything unistalled so that DW was back to 1.04.
Now I copied the DW folder and everthing inside to a new location (another partition or another disk). Now inside this new DW folder you must delete the mod folder (it contains images of lwami and alfa tau in my case). Once you have deleted the mods folder, you copy the RA folder inside together with the batch file. And off you go, accept every option, even if it overwrites files. Then install the RA patch file. That's it. Now you create a folder named RA_mod and copy inside the following folders Cinematic - Database - Doctrine - Graphics - Interfaces - Manual and the file controller.ini. Once done, you copy this folder inside the original DW folder, inside the mod folder (you should have it if you use jsgme). Now from the jgsme you can activate the RA mod.
Don't forget to delete the copied DW folder you used to install RA.
Old 01-22-09, 11:30 PM   #84
captcav
Loader

Thanks that, all done now, the Udaloy seems to be loading fine! Question, is there a script i can corrupt in order to get the Udaloys two 100m guns to face the designated target highlighted on radar? at the moment they are lifeless and just point straight ahead.

Captcav
Old 01-23-09, 07:21 AM   #85
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99

Have the devs said why they won't make it JSGME-compatible? Creating a MOD folder for RA and having JSGME recognize it works, but it doesn't "take".
Old 01-24-09, 12:16 PM   #86
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

Thanks Goldorak - works fine. Neat.

Might also be good to copy the Scenario files, created by the temporary install, back to the original DW folder. There are some nice new RA modded missions in there.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 08:52 PM   #87
captcav
Loader

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there is a newer version than for RA available?

* Also, are we permitted to change the weapon load outs in RA? The absence of SSM's on the Udaloy is bugger me to tears!

Captcav
Old 01-26-09, 01:21 AM   #88
falconsix
Watch

Downloads: 2

I have worked out an option, who allows to play the mod on noEnglish versions from the Game: at my Example, it is the German version.

You have to rename the following Files and it workes:

every ending in the "Dangerous Waters/Database" folder from .exx to .gxx.

AND:

in the folder "Dangerous Waters/interfaces/688"(if you change it, only the 688 will work, do this for every unit) : change the name from the file "textE.dll" to "textG.dll" and (if available, some units doesnt have this file) : "textCE.dll" to "textCG.dll".

Now it should work!

I hope, i could help!

dont know, wicht letter you have to replace in other language versions, perhaps "I" for Italian.:hmm:

greetings
F6
falconsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 06:54 AM   #89
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Thanks for this great mod. I look forward to the final version. It would be greatly appreciated if a playable Collins class sub could be included. Alternatively how can one create a Collins class sub as a playable unit?

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 06:26 PM   #90
captcav
Loader

That's a good point fearless makes, i'm a RAN boy myself and would love to have a playable collins class in the next release, obviously not all classes can be made playable but it would be a great addition.

BTW, when was the last time someone heard from the DEV'S? is RA an update still in development or has it been abandoned?

Captcav

Tags
reinforce alert