SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-17, 08:30 AM   #1
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0
Default Maps/Anchors

I asked this before but part of a greater topic now cant find it. Can someone remind me how to remove the LARGE ANCHORS from a map. Having recently re-installed SH4 after some sort of problem I installed my usual mods and put the FJB coloured maps in, manually because JSGME wouldn't work on it, the anchors are HUGE!! Ands, today, returning to base saw on the map that I didn't have a base (tilted anchor). huh?

Although not marked, I headed back to Brisbane and was able to dock
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk

Last edited by Red Devil; 10-17-17 at 08:51 AM.
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-17, 10:46 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

It sounds like your game is pulling in bad data, if the anchors are "HUGE!!" Your CareerStart and Flotillas files have to match in order to have the "tilted anchor" to designate your home port. Now, if it's certain dates, or between certain dates in the game, there are some short stretches in 1941 and early 1942 where it will NOT show that you have a "Home Port" with a tilted anchor, but those time frames are as your "home port" base is being moved to another location. So when you go from Subic Bay to Surabaya, there's like a two day period, and then from Surabaya to Fremantle, it's similar. The same thing can happen when you request a "Transfer" in the game. However, those "HUGE!!" anchors should all be the same size, and not be a viewing distraction. Your screen resolution does come into play in this also, so be sure your game is set to the same display setting as your Windows desktop, which should match your LCD monitor's "Native" resolution. Post your mod list, and I'm sure some one of the "old" heads here can help with the order, if there's a problem with that, or tell you if maybe you have a conflict of some sort...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-17, 11:15 AM   #3
Red Devil
The Old Man

I know about the inter port delay, its not that. My screen res is same as desktop.

RSRDC TMO V502
RSRDC V5xx patch 1
1_Trigger Maru Overhaul 2-5
Pacific Sound mod
Websters improved US torps for 1.4 and 1.5
Webster Ship Manuvering fix for 1.4 and 1.5

The FJB map I put in manually because JSGME does not run it. I chose colour then added files 1 x 1.

Parked up but not use Mods:

SH4 Sound mod
TMO visuals for RSRDC
Torpex Torps
Webster selected new sounds
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 10-17-17, 12:04 PM   #4
propbeanie

You have your RSRDC and TMO listed 'backwards'. Do them TMO 2.5, TMO patch, RSRDC, RSRDC patch for those four. Depending upon what you want to hear in the sound, either do the Sound mod first or fifth. The two Webster's mods might not be 100% compatible with TMO and RSRDC. Then your manual installing of the map mod may well be what messed up your anchors.

Now, Fred's maps do work fine with JSGME. However, you do have to grab the version that you want out of his main folder, and put ~that~ into the MODS folder. The same thing with the Webster's mods. If you look in the folders for each of the mods, you'll see other folders below that "main" folder that hold the mod itself for either v1.4 or v1.5 of SH4. If you look in your main SH4 folder now, and see folders with "Webster's..." name on them next to the "Data" and "Support" folders, then they are not truly activated. Be careful of your MODS folder structure.

Old 10-17-17, 12:09 PM   #5
Red Devil
The Old Man

I did grab the version I wanted on maps. I am using the same settings as previous installation, which a win upgrade stopped working the other day. Will change order of mods in a sec. Thanks.

No sign of websters folders in SH4
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 10-17-17, 12:31 PM   #6
Red Devil
The Old Man

ok, removed all mods then installed them in your order.

now:

1_TriggerMaru Overhaul 2-5 c(grey'ed out)
TMO visuals for RSRDC (presume this is the patch you meant as I have no other) (grey'd out)
RSRDC TMO V502 (Grey'd out)
RSRDC patch 1
SH4 Sound mod
Webster improved torps (this is grey'd out)
Websters ship manoevering
FJB colour Map extracted via JSGME colour folder (never used to work, but manually no problem but this time JSGME worked)

Map shows large anchors, and no home base, having left Manila on new career? I am just off the land.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 10-17-17, 03:29 PM   #7
Red Devil
The Old Man

Took sh4 out and reinstalled, added patch 1.4 which I had not put in previously. loaded mods as per above post and then FJB Colour maps (went in but do not work). I am going to try manually later, but anchors on standard map are nice and small. I may swallow my hte of big anchors and remain on this bland map!
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 10-17-17, 03:39 PM   #8
propbeanie

Well neither TMO 2.5 nor RSRDC 502 are compatible with Silent Hunter v1.4. You need to use the v1.5 with Uboats... If you've got v1.5 with the Uboats, that's already got all of v1.4 in it, and it is not necessary, and is counter-productive to put it in...

Old 10-17-17, 04:36 PM   #9
Red Devil
The Old Man

I wont use u boats, much as I admire their bravery, I will not sink my own ships. I have always stood by that.

anyway, whilst experimenting will remove 1.4 from stock then load mods again
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 10-17-17, 05:30 PM   #10
propbeanie

Silent Hunter 4 has several versions out there. The most common disk available for quite a while was v1.3. This is the version that Steam sells. Version 1.4 fixed some things, and left others, but was just a "patch" to be applied. This does not work with the Steam version of the game. The Uboats Add-on was v1.5, which was rolled into the Gold Edition and was the last release of Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific. You don't have to play the Uboats, but it is the latest update of the game. Most of the mods are written for it... You can see what version you have by right-clicking on the SH4.exe file and choosing Properties and clicking on the Details tab. You can also see it in the lower right-hand part of the game screen on the Main Menu.

Old 10-17-17, 06:32 PM   #11
Red Devil
The Old Man

After much experimentation I am currently running SH4 with 1.4 and no mods, at least, for now its running smoothly. Mine is a 1.3 CD with SH1.4 as a download. I may well go into the steam version as I have several games in there. Following your ver tip, there is nothing to say anything in details.

Here in the UK its time for the big Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, will pursue this later tomorrow. Thanks for all you posts.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 10-18-17, 10:02 AM   #12
Red Devil
The Old Man

Well, I seem to have it all in order now.

Started off this morning with standard SH4 and it was running quite well. So I manually added FJB colour maps (it refuses to work after loading with JSGME). And it was great, small anchors and lovely colouration. Ran a sub out of manilla and everything fine.

Added

1_TriggerMaru Overhaul 2-5
RSRDC TMO V502
RSRDC patch 1
TMO visuals for RSRDC
Torpex torpedo

in that order and loaded old Balao save from yesterday and its great, and maps are exactly as required, small anchors still.

Eventually decided to scrap all saves and begin anew with an s18, and thats where I stand.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk

Last edited by Red Devil; 10-18-17 at 02:28 PM.