SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-14, 09:16 AM   #1006
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
I read all the NYGM manuals but I couldn't find this addition.

Is Rubinis hydrophone workaround mod in NYGM?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193199

It looks like a neat mod for our AI (only) hydrophone guys. It requires you to dive deeper to hear a greater distance.

Steibler? What do you think?
I think it is not included in NYGM through version 3.6D. Two pieces of evidence: First, the version I use is called New _hidrophone _layers for SH3 v2.0_NYGM. It's one of several versions for various megamods included in the download New_Hydrophones_layersV2.0_reworked1.1.7z. Probably wouldn't have a version for NYGM if it is included. Second, New _hidrophone _layers for SH3 v2.0_NYGM includes a modified version of the file Sensors.cam. Sensors.cam is not modified by NYGM v2.5, NYGM3 New, or NYGM v3.6D. So I believe the separate Rubini mod is needed.

Rubini's mod works great! You can easily see the effect. At periscope depth, you hear nothing that isn't on top of you. Go a little deeper and you hear more ships. Go down to 30 m and suddenly you are picking them up a long way away. As you say, it only works for the sound guy. You can still hear ships if you listen yourself. But I am generally too busy fighting the boat to go and help a rating do his job.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 05:45 PM   #1007
Narci75
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

I'm trying to install NYGM 3.6 following every step: Clean installation of SH3, JSGME, download the mod, unzip, etc.
Everything seems to work fine but when I run the game, instead of the NYGM start screen, I see the Living Silent Hunter 3 screen (!). I'm confused, previously I had LSH3 installed but I think all files were correctly deleted. I don't find any LSH3 file on my computer but the issue persists.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

*Solved*

Last edited by Narci75; 11-08-14 at 02:12 PM.
Narci75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 07:59 AM   #1008
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

I have all the Makman tweaks and I have adjusted my monitor and the sensors value but I notice that at certain times (dawn and dusk) you can see the merchant smoke wayyyyy before your crew does. The ships themselves in the haze are not visible but the smoke is seen above very easy. If you adjust the sensors so the crew sees the smoke then they see the ships way too soon at all other times of day. Might have something to do with the darker smoke mod aspect of NYGM?

Just my opinion but I think that nights in NYGM are too light.
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 05:29 AM   #1009
simanski40
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 413
Default nygm mods

Hi,
I want to install NYGM. What is a list of the necessary mods to date ?
Thanks.
simanski40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 09:55 AM   #1010
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Hello simanski40

you can find all the core parts of NYGM and install order here:

http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/

Also, look in the first post of this thread for a link to the latest patch available.

Good hunting
Old 11-18-14, 08:16 AM   #1011
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

The NYGM dowload page contains a link to a file called MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM. The notes on the webpage regarding this file say:

File (8) contains a small patch to improve IABL's large new MSM-interim-beta merchant fleet for use with NYGM. The fleet itself must be downloaded from IABL directly. Then install this mod (8) afterwards.

I am unable to locate MFM-Interim-Beta. I have found MFM-Lite-Beta. I currently am using Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2 with NYGM 3.6D and have experienced no problems so far. (Man falls off ten-story building. As he falls past the fifth floor, he calls out: “OK so far!”)

Should I be using MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM with MFM 3.2? Should I be using MFM-Lite-Beta instead? Should MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM be used with MFM-Lite-Beta? Is MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM no longer needed?
Old 11-21-14, 04:51 AM   #1012
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@BigWalleye:
Quote:
Should I be using MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM with MFM 3.2? Should I be using MFM-Lite-Beta instead? Should MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM be used with MFM-Lite-Beta? Is MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM no longer needed?
Good questions.
At the time I produced the NYGM add-on, MSM-Interim-Beta was available widely. However MFM 3.2 seems to have replaced it.

The purpose of the
MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM fix was that it rezoned these ships in order to make them compatible with the slow-sinking model used by NYGM. I've never produced a similar zone patch for IABL's MFM3.2.

However I can provide you with some reassurance:
1. Installing the
MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM patch after installing MFM 3.2 will improve the slow-sinking ability of ships found in both mods (which is a lot of them).
2. Ships 'fixed' in the NYGM patch but not actually present in MFM 3.2 will not be recognised by SH3, so there will be no unwanted side-effect.
3. Ships in MFM 3.2 not found in the NYGM patch will sink unexpectedly easily (a very few may even self-sink in strong winds/storms), but there should not be any other difficulties.
4. When, finally, I recognised the problem that some users of NYGM were installing ships not originally rezoned for the NYGM standard, I changed the zones.cfg file and all NYGM ships so that now the zones of non-NYGM ships will be recognised as the creators of these ships intended. Thus these non-NYGM ships will not sink slowly, but should otherwise be completely stable.

All clear?

Stiebler.

Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 07:31 AM   #1013
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@BigWalleye:
Good questions.
At the time I produced the NYGM add-on, MSM-Interim-Beta was available widely. However MFM 3.2 seems to have replaced it.

The purpose of the
MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM fix was that it rezoned these ships in order to make them compatible with the slow-sinking model used by NYGM. I've never produced a similar zone patch for IABL's MFM3.2.

However I can provide you with some reassurance:
1. Installing the
MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM patch after installing MFM 3.2 will improve the slow-sinking ability of ships found in both mods (which is a lot of them).
2. Ships 'fixed' in the NYGM patch but not actually present in MFM 3.2 will not be recognised by SH3, so there will be no unwanted side-effect.
3. Ships in MFM 3.2 not found in the NYGM patch will sink unexpectedly easily (a very few may even self-sink in strong winds/storms), but there should not be any other difficulties.
4. When, finally, I recognised the problem that some users of NYGM were installing ships not originally rezoned for the NYGM standard, I changed the zones.cfg file and all NYGM ships so that now the zones of non-NYGM ships will be recognised as the creators of these ships intended. Thus these non-NYGM ships will not sink slowly, but should otherwise be completely stable.

All clear?

Stiebler.

Absolutely transparent!

I am installing MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM over Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2.

Thanks for all the information. And for NYGM, which IMO is the supermod!
Old 11-25-14, 09:36 AM   #1014
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Default Hitman optics 3.6fix

Hi everyone.

After using this great mod (super) with F magui want to try using hitman3.6 fix .... and here begins my problems:

-weapon officer does not identify the target? there is a way to get him to do?
-as we calculate the distance to the target?
-e angle AOB? ...
Can you explain how you doing?
Having until now used maguiF I am seriously in trouble but many of you commanders used hit3.6 and you are excited so I wanted to try it even I

Thanks for NYGM and congratulations for the forum you are always a big help

P.S. My Recognition Manual is locked ... I open it and the pages do not change ... is this normal? or is it a problem in my installation?

Last edited by hauangua; 11-25-14 at 10:17 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-14, 11:29 AM   #1015
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@hauangua:

Pressing CTRL-T in Hitman's Optics 3.6 Mod toggles the ability to use the watch officer. When the UZO or periscope is locked to the target with CTRL-T, click on the watch officer for data in the usual way.

The method of working out course and speed of an enemy ship is stated in many places on this forum. In any case, one learns very quickly the ranges of ships from their size through a periscope or UZO, and the speed of ships from their bow-wash or the angle of their smoke.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-14, 12:13 PM   #1016
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Thanks Stiebler in practice then do everything from navigation map! ... Distance AOB and speed while there is also the stopwatch. that's right?
So vertical ticks optics are useless ... or almost

sh3.jpg
Old 12-02-14, 01:56 PM   #1017
hauangua
Grey Wolf

hi kaleuns I'm back any of you have the patience (thanks) to explain how to calculate the distance from optical periscope and the speed with hitman 3.6? ..... I try but I go into confusion

P.S: y mod list

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6D
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM HiRes Submarines
Restore Gods Eye View
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
hunt the rodney-mission
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)

it's ok ?

I make one last try .... I promise to bore you more .... can someone help? Even in PM ... step by step .....and the intercept? used four bearing mode? (kuekuigs) or other?
thank you very much...and sorry again

Last edited by hauangua; 12-06-14 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-02-14, 02:01 PM   #1018
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Stiebler,

Are you considering an updated release of NYGM with Makman94's fixes?

Might be nice to consolidate all the downloads into one nice big download.
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 12:21 PM   #1019
hauangua
Grey Wolf

[QUOTE=hauangua;2265754]hi kaleuns I'm back any of you have the patience (thanks) to explain how to calculate the distance from optical periscope and the speed with hitman 3.6? ..... I try but I go into confusion

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6D
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM HiRes Submarines
Restore Gods Eye View
hunt the rodney-mission

it's ok ?

anyone can help me? thanks
Old 12-06-14, 03:08 PM   #1020
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Default Hitman optics 3.6fix

hi kaleuns I'm back any of you have the patience (thanks) to explain how to calculate the distance from optical periscope and the speed with hitman 3.6? ..... I try but I go into confusion

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6D
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM HiRes Submarines
Restore Gods Eye View
hunt the rodney-mission

it's ok ?

I make one last try .... I promise to bore you more .... can someone help? Even in PM ... step by step .....and the intercept? used four bearing mode? (kuekuigs) or other?
thank you very much...and sorry again

Tags
torpedos through hull