SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-09, 07:10 PM   #1
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Default Setting a Minefield In A Mission

I'm working on a new mission which takes place in the Tsugaru Straits of Northern Japan. I want to mine both sides of the straits on the Pacific Ocean side of the straits and can't figure out to set the height to get them to show up.

Which height setting do I use?

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 09:24 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
I'm working on a new mission which takes place in the Tsugaru Straits of Northern Japan. I want to mine both sides of the straits on the Pacific Ocean side of the straits and can't figure out to set the height to get them to show up.

Which height setting do I use?
That is not the minefield, set a waypoint from the "minefield triangles" (or link together several waypoints) and give the waypoint a radius, that will be the minefield. Go to the menu View/minefield distribution, if you see black dots in the waypoint circle, those are the mines.

I have not seen a mine in the game but I have set them and watched ships blow up going through them, so I can't tell you for sure if they actually show 'in game' or not. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 11:06 PM   #3
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:

That is not the minefield, set a waypoint from the "minefield triangles" (or link together several waypoints) and give the waypoint a radius, that will be the minefield. Go to the menu View/minefield distribution, if you see black dots in the waypoint circle, those are the mines.

I have not seen a mine in the game but I have set them and watched ships blow up going through them, so I can't tell you for sure if they actually show 'in game' or not. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

Thanks to your excellent advise I got it figured out, Peabody. Ya know something, I've learned more from reading recent posts of yours in the last two weeks where you have offered advise on how to make things work using the the ME, than I have in the last year. Where did you pick up all this stuff? Anyway, thanks so much for your help, I truly appreciate it. If your ever in my neck of the wood, look me up, I'm buying.

Oh yeah, eye candy. Believe me, they do show up.

Old 10-11-09, 12:45 AM   #4
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Here is a link to my new mission called Tsuagaru Gauntlet.

Old 10-11-09, 12:06 PM   #5
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post

Thanks to your excellent advise I got it figured out, Peabody. Ya know something, I've learned more from reading recent posts of yours in the last two weeks where you have offered advise on how to make things work using the the ME, than I have in the last year. Where did you pick up all this stuff? Anyway, thanks so much for your help, I truly appreciate it. If your ever in my neck of the wood, look me up, I'm buying.

Oh yeah, eye candy. Believe me, they do show up.
Glad I could help. Anytime. I just read a lot of stuff and did a lot of experimenting. There was a SH3 Manual for this thing too. It seem to be almost the same as SH3, but some thing don't work like they should.

Here's a link to an old version but some of the stuff is different, some stuff doesn't work, some does.

http://nordfront.org/xvii-downloads/...editor_v12.pdf

I see you are in IL. My brother is in Matteson, about 50 miles by mapquest, so maybe someday I will take you up on "I'm buying" But I don't travel much anymore, taking care of my mother right now.

So they do show up, that's good to know, I never actually checked to see if they did.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 10-11-09, 03:41 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default re

Mines are almost nonexistent in stock.However, in some of the mods like TMO you are much more likely to run into mines in various areas since there are more of them.When I played with external view I have seen them.They can ruined your day for sure.

I take it you can set them to sit on the surface and work against surfaced vessels(such as your sub)?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 03:52 PM   #7
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Mines are almost nonexistent in stock.
Actually these are the minefields in the "stock" game. They are not all there all the time, but there are a lot more than you would think.

Peabody