Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-18, 02:32 PM   #46
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I wish she had been the Dem nominee last election. She would have been very far from acceptable, but she would still have better that this sad clown we're stuck with
Oprah is all about Oprah. Always has been.

Hopefully Michelle Obama will run as her VP.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 01-15-18 at 02:56 PM.
AVGWarhawk is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 04:13 AM   #47
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Hopefully this is the only kind of running that Oprah keeps doing.
Old 01-16-18, 05:22 PM   #48
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I heard a rumor that hate can cause cancer
...Hmm...

If that were true, given how Trump is continuously and angrily raging against real and imagined slights or enemies, and given Trump is well known to engage in long-running feuds, and given Trumps is well known to harbor hatred long after the object of hate has moved on, given all of that Trump should be one great, massive, and complete malignancy...

Hold on... Mr. Quatro may be on to something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Vienna,

yes to all that. However, in the main I wanted to object Platapus' objection to FullMetalADCAP. Gates did not start to give away money and by acting this altruistically he became a billionaire. He made his fortune before he started to give it away.

My side-strike on tax tricks probably was not needed, yes. Sorry for that. I even knew what you described in more detail. Some devil led my fingers there.
I'm not really sure what you mean when you say He made his fortune before he started to give it away."; it is rather difficult to give away something if you don't have it first. I think you may be referring to the situation among a lot of the rich where a person has inherited wealth (ala Trump, etc.) and has essentially a sinecure from the start of their working life. Gates did come from a fairly well-off family; his father is a noted attorney and had built a sizeable fortune, though not massive. Bill Gates actually did not rely on his family's wealth nor did he follow in his father's footsteps as an attorney; instead, Bill found an outlet for his particular genius in computers and built his own wealth; he din't even finish college, so one of the world's richest men is a college dropout...

What Bill Gates did get from his father was a great sense of philanthropy: Bill Gates, SR. is a well-known and respected philanthropist for social causes...

I do have a particular respect for those who do make their fortunes and then seek to help others rather than engage in primarily acquisitive endeavors or fritter away their wealth. What is interesting is how a great many of the philanthropists who devote a larger portion of their wealth to charities are most often those who actually created their own wealth rather than inheriting it without effort...

<O>
Old 01-17-18, 08:56 AM   #49
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Really what makes you think that?
I'm not sayinh Orprah is anywhere close to being a good candidte for POTUS, definitely not Ellen Degeneres either or Michelle Obama,all lightweights.

But I dont' like Trump,neverhave for the decades hes' been running his mouth, his scams. He has no class,no taste, he's a full of bs guy. I can oppose and argue with people but still respect them if they have some class.

Now to be clear, he's right in what he says a lot of the time, and I strongly support his policies, sohe's better than hillary.
Old 01-29-18, 12:52 AM   #50
FullMetalADCAP
Gunner

Downloads: 25

The left has got to step away from race and sex stuff and put up a real fight and stick to politics that ALL people can relate to - money and the economy. They only hurt themselves when the current president talks money and all they can do is say, "But this idea from Trump is gonna hurt some non-white person or a woman or a non-straight person" as an argument all the time.

The left has gone complete loony tunes about race, sex, and sexual orientation to the place of absolute absurdity and even outright hypocrisy. For instance, feminism needs to just die off now. It had it's time and place but has gone way overboard to outright emotional insanity. Hard to take a woman (Clinton), who makes millions of dollars, seriously that women are disadvantaged when you're a poor man (and most men in society ain't anywhere close to her wealth). Feminists like her (Clinton) argue glass ceiling all the time but never seem to even mention the floor they stand on above so many men who are beneath the feet of most women in society today.

Hard to say women are so disadvantaged in education when, in one article they are praising how girls and women dominate 85% of educational studies and make up the bulk of college grads. But then in the next article they make girls and women out to be victims of discrimination by mentioning that pesky 15% of STEM just alludes them so it must be patriarchy and discrimination at play because how on Earth can women dominate most of education and not ALL of education right? Who knows, maybe men are good for something after all ladies, but hey, that's sexist talk right? If women ain't on top, it's apparently patriarchy and discrimination at play in the views of the modern femiNazi man hater. But if women dominate over men, there's no shortage of news articles hailing women's victory over men because "equality" is the goal of feminism right - not victory of one sex over another? Derp.
FullMetalADCAP is offline   Reply With Quote