Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-08-23, 06:10 AM   #1
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Default Daily News

What is this Thread all about?, it's about The Daily News from around your area or the Globe that doesn't deserve it's own thread but added to other News from your part of the world it might give you a little look into the daily lives of the little people, like you and I.
News from your Town, County or just General News of the day from your country that you find interesting, or maybe some one from the other side of the world might find interesting, get it?.

What this Thread is not about is, War, Religion, Politics or anything else that could be posted in the appropriate thread, that's all for now, so I'll post an example News Story.

EXCLUSIVE - 'Medics were overrun, someone was being resuscitated... broken bones, people on stretchers, the crew crying. It was PETRIFYING': Passengers on storm-lashed Saga cruise recall their 18-hour ordeal as 30ft waves tore into the boat

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0ft-waves.html

What the hell did you expect you bloody Morons, a cruise on the sea of tranquility?, it's November in the Northern Hemisphere and winter is almost upon us, this weather is par for the course, suck it up you idiots.
Old 11-08-23, 06:30 AM   #2
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Progressives in Thailand to tax out the yin yang anyone spending over 180 days in Thailand https://www.expatden.com/thailand/th...ed-income-tax/
Old 11-08-23, 06:46 AM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Nestle Caramac bars axed after 64 years https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67355475

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 06:58 PM   #4
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

FLORIDA MAN STOPS PAYING FOR RENTAL CAR, USES IT TO GIVE UBER RIDES

Florida Man October 26

https://floridaman.com/florida-man-s...ve-uber-rides/

Quote:
[POLK COUNTY] Usually people return a rental car when they stop paying for it. But not Florida Man. No, he keeps it. Not only does he keep it, but he uses it give Uber rides and make a little cash on the side.

According to a Polk County Sheriff’s Office Facebook post, this Florida Man had an ingenious way of keeping the rental company from stopping his engine from starting…but we’ll get to that a little later.

27-year old Elijah Mills was pulled over in Polk County while giving a ride to a couple from the United Kingdom. They were in Florida to get married. Now they’ll have a great Florida Man story to tell their friends and family back home. Little did they know that the Uber car giving them a ride was actually a stolen car.

Mills rented a Ford Equinox in Orange County, but stopped making payments on the car three weeks earlier. The Florida Man told deputies that the rental car company called him constantly, but he refused to answer. The company had no choice but to report the car as stolen.

Usually the rental company is able to keep the cars ignition from restarting, but that didn’t work. Why Not? Well, Mills told police how he was able circumvent their device by keeping the car running. That’s right…he kept it running for three weeks straight. With gas prices so high today, no wonder he had to use it as an Uber.

And who would have guessed that Florida Man didn’t even have a valid license? Mills was charged with Grand Theft Motor Vehicle and Driving While License Suspended or Revoked.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 07:04 PM   #5
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
FLORIDA MAN STOPS PAYING FOR RENTAL CAR, USES IT TO GIVE UBER RIDES
65% of these stories about my state should more properly be called Polk County Man Stories
Old 11-08-23, 07:56 PM   #6
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

An old man just shot 2 climate activists who were blocking a highway in Panama

A 77-year-old man shot dead two environmental protesters on Wednesday in an apparent outburst of rage over a roadblock in Panama.

The gunman was named in local media as Kenneth Franklin Darlington Salas. If he is convicted, Mr Salas could be sentenced to house arrest rather than being sent to jail because of his age.

The protesters, who were opposed to a controversial mining contract, had blocked the Pan-American Highway in Chame, 51 miles from the capital Panama City.

Footage posted on social media showed the motorist walking from his car, demanding the protesters get out of the road.

Initially, Mr Salas removed tyres which were obstructing the road. The protesters, according to witnesses, shouted at the man: “Are you going to kill someone?”

The gunman replied: “You want to be the first?”

He opened fire, first shooting a protester holding a flag and then a second man who went to confront him, before walking off and removing tree trunks that had been blocking the road. He was then arrested.

Local media identified the victims as Abdiel Diaz, a teacher and union activist, and Ivan Mendoza.

The deaths are the first fatalities in protests that broke out on October 20 against a contract that allows Canada-based First Quantum Minerals to operate Central America’s biggest open pit copper mine for at least another 20 years.

Didn’t those climates activists know that mining operations strip the land of trees and plant life which in turn saves the planet?

Old 11-08-23, 08:52 PM   #7
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
65% of these stories about my state should more properly be called Polk County Man Stories
I live in Brevard County we’re known for common sense and good taste

Old 11-09-23, 01:27 AM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
What is this Thread all about?, it's about The Daily News from around your area or the Globe that doesn't deserve it's own thread

What this Thread is not about is, War, Religion, Politics or anything else that could be posted in the appropriate thread, that's all for now, so I'll post an example News Story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
An old man just shot 2 climate activists who were blocking a highway in Panama

A 77-year-old man shot dead two environmental protesters on Wednesday in an apparent outburst of rage over a roadblock in Panama.

The gunman was named in local media as Kenneth Franklin Darlington Salas. If he is convicted, Mr Salas could be sentenced to house arrest rather than being sent to jail because of his age.

The protesters, who were opposed to a controversial mining contract, had blocked the Pan-American Highway in Chame, 51 miles from the capital Panama City.

Footage posted on social media showed the motorist walking from his car, demanding the protesters get out of the road.

Initially, Mr Salas removed tyres which were obstructing the road. The protesters, according to witnesses, shouted at the man: “Are you going to kill someone?”

The gunman replied: “You want to be the first?”

He opened fire, first shooting a protester holding a flag and then a second man who went to confront him, before walking off and removing tree trunks that had been blocking the road. He was then arrested.

Local media identified the victims as Abdiel Diaz, a teacher and union activist, and Ivan Mendoza.

The deaths are the first fatalities in protests that broke out on October 20 against a contract that allows Canada-based First Quantum Minerals to operate Central America’s biggest open pit copper mine for at least another 20 years.

Didn’t those climates activists know that mining operations strip the land of trees and plant life which in turn saves the planet?
Imho; this particular item, while horrifically interesting, is of a distinctly political nature involving the assassination of both a flag wielding protester and a union leader protesting a political/international-corporation global warming issue by blocking the Pan-Am highway. This was specifically nixed by the OP, Moonlight. It is worthy issue in its own right and deserves an appropriate thread of its own; inasmuch as the shooter is a 77 yearold lawyer and professor with previous firearm related legal issues.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 11-09-23 at 01:40 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-23, 02:40 AM   #9
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Imho; this particular item, while horrifically interesting, is of a distinctly political nature involving the assassination of both a flag wielding protester and a union leader protesting a political/international-corporation global warming issue by blocking the Pan-Am highway. This was specifically nixed by the OP, Moonlight. It is worthy issue in its own right and deserves an appropriate thread of its own; inasmuch as the shooter is a 77 yearold lawyer and professor with previous firearm related legal issues.
I bet he's suffering from early onset dementia too. That **** causes some loss of inhibition, and bad decision making. His lawyer should make that argument.
Old 11-09-23, 05:17 AM   #10
Moonlight
Admiral

Quote:
Nah, Just Another Day......Baby.

NANA AKUA: Ballooning wine glasses, TV heroines glugging Shiraz by the gallon and bottomless brunches - no wonder British women are the world's biggest binge drinkers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...NANA-AKUA.html

I've been seeing these female piss heads staggering around town for the last 30 years or more, you should see what some of them do when they've dropped their knickers, I'm afraid Upper Class Nana would faint in shock.
Old 11-09-23, 06:48 AM   #11
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
This isn't about union leaders, climate change or international politics. The post is about someone who snapped, and I'd bet money politics was the furthest thing from this guy's mind, he was fed up, angry and just wanted to go home. But someone got in his way and now they're dead holding a stupid little flag.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-09-23 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-09-23, 07:01 AM   #12
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Transgender people can be baptised and be godparents, Vatican says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67366198

Old 11-10-23, 06:08 AM   #13
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Nestlé has announced the discontinuation of a second chocolate bar just hours after chocolate fans were told the iconic Caramac bar was being axed.

Now, the confectionary company has dealt a further blow to sweet-toothed Brits and has decided to stop manufacturing Animal Bars.

The Animal bar was launched in 1963 as a real milk chocolate bar, with a fun game on the inside of each wrapper. Every bar has two different named animals moulded on the surface.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddri...e6ec9e8b&ei=39

Old 11-10-23, 06:32 AM   #14
Moonlight
Admiral

Former NatWest chief executive Dame Alison Rose loses £7.6m payout after Nigel Farage de-banking row

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...el-Farage.html

She will be paid a little over £1.7 million for serving out her notice period, it's still a good little earner me thinks, some might say that she doesn't deserve that payoff either, and I'd be in agreement with them.
Old 11-10-23, 06:48 AM   #15
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Johnny Ruffo: Australian singer and Home and Away actor dies aged 35

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-67340905