Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-30-10, 05:23 PM   #961
Baifo
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Its embarrassing for me to say that I am not able to install the Mod.....I erased all the stuff and started again from 0. I have the sim correctly installed and the ZW mod directed to the right target , ending in T34vs Tiger. Once again I get the same message telling me that the mod was not completly installed and that I have to run the utility again..... I feel that I am starting to be a disturb for you. Maybe Id better give up and forget about the mod/money. I sadly simply dont know what else I can do.....
Baifo
Baifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 05:37 PM   #962
indebin
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Default V6

Hi ZW
Same fps as LC, I agree suitable for release. Can't wait for next instalment.
Old 04-30-10, 05:54 PM   #963
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morttheslayer View Post
Hi Zee and Tankers

Similar results to Eddie and Lc. To be honest I really didn't find any great difference in performance between v.5 and the latest v.6.
Might be peculiar to my PC system performance but I really put the Auto Driver "on the rack" and switched between Manual and Auto several times during heavy action (with the collision programme elements using processor resources in mind) and there really was no great difference (FPS) for me. Fair to say mine was never terrible, before but could slow sometimes to 5/6 but general average 7-9.

Anyway I feel bad seeing you put in a great effort but if others have improvements all is well. It runs fine - more FPS would be nice but I can see I need to "upgun" sometime to run this as we'd all like.

So far overall - brilliant , and comparison with original - can't compare.
You Delivered!! Our PC systems are your bottleneck and you'll never get it right for everyone but what you've done is the best compromise and you listened to what we said. - And you made me a loader!!!!

Best Regards - Mort (and Lc's loader)
Thanks mate,
I will have to upgun as well I want to play the High-end version as soon as
I can. Of course if and when I can afford to the AMD quad 4 black addition
sounds like it may be worth a try.

Thanks again morty you beta guys where a tremendous help in getting this
out with out the confusion of previous releases.

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 05:56 PM   #964
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebin View Post
Hi ZW
Same fps as LC, I agree suitable for release. Can't wait for next instalment.
Thanks indebin, the next mission is in the works Kamerad!

ZW
Old 04-30-10, 05:59 PM   #965
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baifo View Post
Its embarrassing for me to say that I am not able to install the Mod.....I erased all the stuff and started again from 0. I have the sim correctly installed and the ZW mod directed to the right target , ending in T34vs Tiger. Once again I get the same message telling me that the mod was not completly installed and that I have to run the utility again..... I feel that I am starting to be a disturb for you. Maybe Id better give up and forget about the mod/money. I sadly simply dont know what else I can do.....
Baifo
Hey Baifo don't give up man!
Help me with more details about your system and we can start from there.
The more info the better.

ZW
Old 04-30-10, 06:13 PM   #966
Baifo
Swabbie

Thank you, Zeewolf.

My PC: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz
Nvidia 275 GTX
RAM 4 GB
Windows 7, 32 bits
300 HD , 50% free.
Games running OK: WWII online:B.E. , Rise of Flight

T34 vs Tiger running also with no problems so far...
I cant install the ZW mod.
Maybe its a problem of the T34vsTiger? I bought the CD second hand and look old, but the sim seems to run properly.....
Thank you in advance.
Baifo
Old 04-30-10, 06:23 PM   #967
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Thank you, Zeewolf.

My PC: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz
Nvidia 275 GTX
RAM 4 GB
Windows 7, 32 bits
300 HD , 50% free.
Games running OK: WWII online:B.E. , Rise of Flight

T34 vs Tiger running also with no problems so far...
I cant install the ZW mod.
Maybe its a problem of the T34vsTiger? I bought the CD second hand and look old, but the sim seems to run properly.....
Thank you in advance.
Baifo
There is only one thing that immediately comes to mind and that is Win 7
is coming between the Mod install. Have you tried the method that frinik
suggested? and that is right mouse clicking the .exe and installing with
the administrator rights?
The second thing that comes to mind is the CD my install TvsT with write
protection "on" . Double check your default install for write protection.
Starting with the folders and then the folders contents.

ZW

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 04-30-10 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-30-10, 06:53 PM   #968
Baifo
Swabbie

I used admin rights with the rightclick and now checked the rights. Nothing seems to be wrong. Rights for everything for administrator. Tried once again: Same message . Could not finish the install......Dont want to annoy you anymore. Thank you for everything. It has been my mistake.
Baifo
Old 04-30-10, 07:23 PM   #969
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Baifo, don't give up yet. I run Win7 64 bit, and sometimes it is hard to install something, especially older sims.

Do me a favor, look inside your TvT folder, then look in the missions folder.

You should see a file called Custom Missions, look in there next. In there should be a folder called KurskMission, spelled just like that. Do you have that folder?

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 07:36 PM   #970
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
I used admin rights with the rightclick and now checked the rights. Nothing seems to be wrong. Rights for everything for administrator. Tried once again: Same message . Could not finish the install......Dont want to annoy you anymore. Thank you for everything. It has been my mistake.
Baifo

Double check your default install for Read Only protection.

ZW
Old 04-30-10, 10:06 PM   #971
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Instal Steps

BAIFO DON´T GIVE UP MAN! ZEE´S FULL MODS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED AND ARE BEING PLAYED BY MORE THAN 3 DOZEN MEMBERS WITHOUT PROBLEMS.THRE¨S NO REASON YOU¨D BE THE ONLY ONE

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY MY VISTA SYSTEM.OK my suggestion download the Pre Kursk Alpha v1 release and save it into your game main folder so you can see it there in your game folder.Then use the right click to extract it there.Once the application folder has been extracted successfully you need to execute that file using Admin rights if needed.Do the same wiht mission v3 and Kursk misison v1 or whatever version you have.But Alpha v1 comes first as it´s needed as a base for all subsequent missions.

If needed do a fresh instal of TvsT and follow the procedure I indicated.

The reason you cannot finish the install is because your OS does not let you put the install into the Programmes files proabbly.In which folder is your game installed?The way around it that I found is to either download the mod directly into your game folder or at least copying( right click copy ) and pasting the application folder after the extract into the game folder.Then you can execute the file using admin rights or not (try both ways.Then you should see Zw´s mods in youe game main folder.MAKE SURE YOU DID NOT PUT THE MODS INTO YOUR GAME¨S SUBFOLDER which is why it does not work.

Report and let´us know where your game or games if you have more than one instal of TvsT are located.

PS a couple of important things:The Pre Kursk Alpha does not bring major visual changes to your game menu.The only visible difference you'll see is that the stock mission n 4 Intercepting the Enemy has been chnage dby BReaking Red Army Pinchers and you'll see at the end of the single player menu ZeeWolf Enterprises and underneath just text.This means Pre Kursk Alpha v1 has been successfully installed.
Mission Kursk v1 successfully installed opens up with a nice new screen with a Tiger head( the animal)in the background and ZeeWolf's first in series of tigers in Russia missions.

Lastly, make sure that when you extract or execute the mods/missions you enter the proper path because the game is defaulted automatically to C/lighthouse Interactive/T34 versus Tiger and if your game is in a different folder then ZW's mods will noy go there unless you enter the proper path.I think I have covered everything.Hang on Kamerad!

Cheers

Last edited by frinik; 04-30-10 at 10:22 PM.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 10:20 AM   #972
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Hi Mr. Morty

Hi Morty,

sure i have v6 and tested it. But something was wrong. I didnt know what it was but then i remembered.

Hope "twocrutchesthreecpus" (like StarWars) Lc gets his mission to test also

You were missing. So i decided to take you as my new "R2D2 unit" in my Tiger tank. Lets fight this war beyoned the stars.

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 10:25 AM   #973
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Thanks LC I agree, it is time to say beta testing complete on the Low-end
Kursk Mission 1.
Now, there is still the High-end Kursk Mission 1. And I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can run it.
So, if you are getting 30 plus FPS with this latest Kursk Mission 1 you will love the High-end version.
I just finished updating it with all the new changes that you and all the beta testers found plus some of the coding
stuff that was lacking and it is ready to go.

Onwards Kamerad!

ZW
Hi ZW,

30 FPS? I think this would be or is a dream. Have you found somebody? I just having a low end pc. No 30 FPS only 7-9 FPS.

Lets see what is going on.

Waiting for your orders

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 10:48 AM   #974
morttheslayer
Soundman

Hello Tankers

Good to see you're running OK Frinic and I am indeed Lc's R2D2 (with whistle) and ZW made me a loader so get those tungsten (sorry it was 'wolfram' in 1943) rounds ready!!!

Baifo seems to be having problems and you're all giving him great support, although I'm not qualified to comment on Window 7 I had an early problem (graphics glitch) that was entirely unusual and unexplainable!

If you remember I said it was so bad I had my luger ready to shoot the PC or me!!
Finally resolved it by starting from scratch (again!) and reinstalling the initial problematic update (twice) after a fresh download (in case of corruption) and rebooting after each install.
Amazingly all was well and it must be said (Luger aside) that I didn't give up and Baifo shouldn't either, there is always hope.

All the Best - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 01:07 PM   #975
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Currently running TvT, Kursk Mis1 v6 on the Win 7 Pro 64bit OS, with no issues.

I do empty the cache with the bat utility. thanks Zee!
I do default my controls and save each time I run the game since I have joysticks USB connected up.
I did install to C:\Games2 this is old from Vista.
I run AVG virus which is benign.
I have turned off UAC competely to avoid the admin issues which started with Vista and continue.
Stock TvT installs and runs consistently.
Zee's foundation and Kursk Mission1 also.

Hope this helps any other assistance needed just ask.

Good luck!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote