SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-08, 01:52 PM   #796
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

This mod is really fun to play.
But I think it would be good to change one little thing:

When using the CE-maneuvers like 'Turn 90° to starboard', this will play the diving sound and make the whole crew disappear off the the bridge, because they are scripted to are performed only submerged.
It also prevents you from entering the bridge afterwards.
So everything is as if you were diving, but in fact you aren't.

But you also cannot reverse this because the funtions like when pressing [s] and [b] are disabled too.
So in the end, using the predefined maneuvers from your CE will mess up the whole cruise/mission/patrol with the Schnellboot.

I haven't tested it very carefully though, and also didn't read anything about it yet. So just ignore this post if I missed anything.
This thread is so long, I didn't want to read it all through
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 02:24 PM   #797
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

For someone who works by trial-and-error you've certainly managed to mistake you way into some very excellent results!

As for myself, I'd dearly love to make a playable VIID minelayer with the launch tubes mounted behind the conning tower that actually work!

But... I just draw u-boat emblems and have no idea where to begin such an ambitious mod since written material to learn from is so rare. *sigh*

Keep up the fantastic work, Mikhayl! You are truly one of the grand masters of your craft!
Old 03-25-08, 04:09 PM   #798
_Seth_
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 93

OH NO!!!
BERNARD HAS BEEN GIVEN COMMAND OVER AN S-BOOT!!!
OLD PROPAGANDA NEWSREEL SHOWS EVERYTHING!!
LINK:

_Seth_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 06:48 PM   #799
Dutchie-one
Officer

Downloads: 255

Hello Mate,For all I know, the s-boote were more advanced technically than their US/UK counterparts and bigger, but they were just as vulnerable. The things are mostly made of wood. The armored parts would do their job against small calibre guns like 7,92, but I'm pretty sure that a 12.7 round hitting with a 90° angle would go through. In any case they're not made to resist naval shells, and moreover you're not supposed to be hit.
only the spant`s inside where made from wood, the hull was from steel 4 mm.I am nearly ready with the Loacation.cfg I do some fine tuning now.But as I write in a earlier message I need somebody who can rewrite the map.Greetz Dutchie-one

Dutchie-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 07:05 PM   #800
Antenor
Watch

Downloads: 0

First, congratulations for the amazing work with this great mod. And second, like I made with the first model, I edited the original skin, and modify it a little, with a grey color scheme, I hope you like it.

Direct install with the JSGME.

D/L Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kmm9xu

Enjoy!!

Antenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 07:29 PM   #801
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth_
OH NO!!!
BERNARD HAS BEEN GIVEN COMMAND OVER AN S-BOOT!!!
OLD PROPAGANDA NEWSREEL SHOWS EVERYTHING!!
LINK:
@Seth

ROFLMAO

You

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 07:35 PM   #802
Dutchie-one
Officer

Downloads: 255

Hello Mikhayl.yes I know there is a mod how to rewrite the terrain but I do not understand how to do it.I see some pict. which the RDF on the right side of the bridge.Nice mod I try it out now and send my comment to you.I am looking for somebody who can make a S-Boot Pens mod TGA. and the Dat. fileThe location file I need one or two weeks to finsh it when it is done I send it to you.The fine tuning take`s a lot of time I was thinking it was easy but no a lot of things to do.Greetz, Dutchie-one PS can you send my the damage mod I was not able to d/l it.

Dutchie-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 08:30 PM   #803
Antenor
Watch

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Edit @Antenor : Looking good mate, I'm gonna add the link to the first post so that it won't get lost in the thread
Thank you Mikhayl! . One thing, I uploaded the skin to filefront too, beacuse in sendspace, the hosting time expire quickly. Here is the new link to filefront: http://files.filefront.com/Skin+Sboo.../fileinfo.html

Change the link if you want or add it to the first post. Thank you again .

S!.

Antenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-08, 01:09 AM   #804
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Now we're going to have working S-Boot bases in the harbors?

Just when I thought I could be any more impressed, this mod just keeps getting more amazing!
Old 03-26-08, 06:02 AM   #805
USS Sea Tiger
XO

Downloads: 52
Default Channel bases,, did I hear correctly?!!

this might save me some major future headaches,,

by any rare chance are they Bruggs, zeebrugge, or Onstead (SIC)

I need bases there for my flanders boats.

I just figured out how to mod the assigned patrol areas areas, If they are any of the flanders base, could you ask the creator of them for his kind permission to allow me to use them for my flanders flotilla, ?????

Mike D
USS Sea Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-08, 01:12 PM   #806
johnm
Navy Dude

Downloads: 68

Mikhayl,

I managed to confuse the system enough to get Cherbourg as my base -don't ask how - for a while I thought I'd misnamed Brest by mistake!), ran the last 4 of my 13 patrols out of there. Felt funny sitting just off the coast at the start of each patrol. I was going to ask if anyone could tell me how to put a harbour there but just got killed instead.

All the other patrols, I just went out and prowled. Unfortunately most patrols started in the morning so once I was in the channel, I hung back until dark then hunted. Averaged one ship per patrol, each patrol only lasted about 16 hours, except when I was working out of Brest and prowling Tanker Alley. With the distances out of Brest, I ran with unlimited fuel. Once I got into the Channel, I could use the proper fuel ranges.

Big problem is them there hurricane fighter/bombers, breed like flies, swatted a total of 12 before they got me.

On the last patrol, I realised I'd been allocated a patrol area BF31, right across the channel from Cherbourg! Decided to patrol it properly. Bad decision. Got on station at dusk, by dawn the Hurricanes had spotted me, attack after attack, finally ran out of ammunition, Ran flat out for home, dodging and weaving but got a direct hit about 50k from base.

Still - 13 patrols, 13 ships/60k tonnage and 12 planes - not bad for one little S-Boot!

Not yet tried the new damage model neither!

The channel area north of Cherbourg is hot work. Anything up to 5 DDs and even more aircraft. But fun, in a 'oh dear!' kind of way. Should be incredible If all these harbours are done.

One perculiar thing, After switching to the 0.9 beta. I couldn't go to the Bridge properly. F4 sent me there but the cursor controls operated similar to F12. I seemed to have free movement, but once I moved from the bridge out away from the boat, it seems to lock the boat in the middle ofAfter several re the frame and all I could do was make it bigger or smaller. Very weird. This happened for the last 3 or 4 patrols, each started as a fresh load.

Made it very difficult to try to fight aircraft as I could never see them. In the end I had to use F12 and pan right back.

Any ideas?
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-08, 03:03 PM   #807
johnm
Navy Dude

Downloads: 68

Mikhayl

Cherbourg explained! I had started 1st Flotilla in 1940.

missing harbour - I just wanted to add it - NYGM has much less harbours than GWX. I didn't want to use a copy of GW2 with S-Boot. On my machine GW2/GWX takes ages to load, Stock or NYGM only takes a few minutes and NYGM has NEARLY as much extras as GWX.

Free Cam on the Bridge - at least that explains it. My problem was that I usually work from the bridge if aircraft or ships involved. With the free cam, it's difficult to look up and around while tracking aircraft. you just end up being moved.
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-08, 09:40 PM   #808
Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 47

im going to keep the previous update

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 05:31 AM   #809
Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
Ocean Warrior

thanks Mikhayl, yet it iritates me i cant use the attack map icon anymore... it ends up at the heavy flak

except for the GUI, the icon and the hop-in-the-air-when-clicking-the-IWO i like it
but those 3 things manly spoil it... will make adjustments right away

Old 03-27-08, 05:41 AM   #810
Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Yeah actually I chose to get rid of the attack map icon and shortcuts because I really fail to see the use of said attack map in a boat running at 42 knots in attack situation
i like to see the torpedo's going, also i like to see if my solutions are good or not