SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-17, 05:10 AM   #1
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0
SHO Time For a Change?

I have been operating SH4 since the beginning on basically the same Mods, RSRDC, TMO etc.

Q1: I'd like to try a new set of mods, what are your recommendations in order of placement via JSGME, or without?

Q2: I have a Los Angeles mod, how would that go into SH4 via JSGME, on its own on a virgin install??

>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 06:50 AM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

How did I miss this post?: I must be going blind. I'll be back with more.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 07:24 AM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I'd do LA in a separate install, and use MultiSH4 to create a separate "Save" folder, such that a stock game uses SH4, while with the LA mod, you could tell MultiSH4 to make (as an example) an "LAM" folder, or some such, so that you keep your mod Saved games out of each others' ways... The stock game uses "My Documents \ SH4".

For "regular" mods, I'm sure Rockin Robbins would be like me, and be very jealous of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate mod, which is based on TMO 1.7 but has all sorts of differences, most of them good... Again though, I'd use a separate install and use MultiSH4 to create a separate Save folder, such as "FRS" or some such...

A lot of folks like TMO 2.5, with or without RSRDC, and again, I'd use a separate install and MultiSH4 for the Save folder...

When doing all of that, Rockin Robbins Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Management System (SH4CMS) makes mod life much easier to deal with... RR I'm sure, will have some excellent points of his own.

It is a bit odd that so many of us missed your post... definitely sorry about that... You must have been wearing camouflagie or something...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 07:38 AM   #4
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Here's the problem. A defect in TMO leaves your stock game corrupted after you remove it. So go ahead and remove TMO, then uninstall and reinstall SH4 to ensure all your stock game files are correct and original files. Now if you are thinking ahead you'll make a separate write-protected directory to contain all these original game files and call it something like \SH4Pristine. Then whenever you have game corruption you can restore original files from there.

When you're changing from one supermod to another, it's very important that you don't try to play TMO gamesaves in GFO, for instance. There be dragons there. So use MultiSH4 to make a GFO savegame/settings directory in your \Documents folder.

Now you can play with different mods all you want!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 10:22 AM   #5
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0

thanks to all, will need to experiment now, or soon.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote