SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-07, 01:41 PM   #1
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Default Be Afraid (Land Based Exocets and other cool stuff)

Here are some previews of 3D models I'm working on for DW:
Argintine improvised Exocet Launcher:

HMCS Rainbow:

Riga class Frigate:

Turya class Hydrofoil torpedo boat:

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-07, 02:53 PM   #2
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Awesome.

Are you taking requests?
Old 05-23-07, 05:18 PM   #3
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

Prima!

Old 05-23-07, 06:04 PM   #4
Ramius
Commander

Downloads: 43

Nice
Old 05-24-07, 01:46 PM   #5
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
Awesome.

Are you taking requests?
I'm always open to suggestions... But any will get send to the back of the line behind the Haskell class Amphibious Attack Transport (Added because my dad mentioned today we have a namesake in the class), unless your suggestions is really cool.

in the mean time a few pics I forgot to post:
USS Grouper:

Halifax class FFG:

Old 05-24-07, 03:25 PM   #6
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Well, as you might have noticed from other threads, my biggest priority would be bringing supersonic coastal missile batteries into the sim. The Chinese missiles, and now, BrahMos, would top the list.

I'm also not pleased with the generic SAM site (which IIRC is uses the SA-11, which uses an autonomous mobile launcher vehicle, making it a bad choice for DW anyways). I'd like to see "fixed" air defense sites (as much as AD sites are fixed nowadays, anyway) composed of seperate launcher and fire control radar entities. Specifically, I'd like to see the SA-2, SA-3, SA-10, and the Patriot ADS.

Other things on the wish list:
Virginia SSN
Lada SSK
FA-18 E/F
MiG-29
B-52
Landing Craft, Utility
Mk V Special Ops Craft
Admiral Gorshkov (Kiev)
Old 05-24-07, 03:31 PM   #7
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

I'd be happy to see a simple tug boat, something I've been asking for for a long time

Old 05-25-07, 12:39 PM   #8
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well, as you might have noticed from other threads, my biggest priority would be bringing supersonic coastal missile batteries into the sim. The Chinese missiles, and now, BrahMos, would top the list.

I'm also not pleased with the generic SAM site (which IIRC is uses the SA-11, which uses an autonomous mobile launcher vehicle, making it a bad choice for DW anyways). I'd like to see "fixed" air defense sites (as much as AD sites are fixed nowadays, anyway) composed of seperate launcher and fire control radar entities. Specifically, I'd like to see the SA-2, SA-3, SA-10, and the Patriot ADS.

Other things on the wish list:
Virginia SSN
Lada SSK
FA-18 E/F
MiG-29
B-52
Landing Craft, Utility
Mk V Special Ops Craft
Admiral Gorshkov (Kiev)
A MiG-29 is in the works.
Anbhib is one of the areas I'm expanding some a US LCU is a possablity in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
I'd be happy to see a simple tug boat, something I've been asking for for a long time
I plan on making some US and Russian fleet/ocean tugs at some point.

No hold on to your bandwith cuz here are some more pics of some projects that are still a little earlyer along in devlopment (and a few that aren't):

Whiskey Twin Clyender

Old 05-26-07, 07:28 AM   #9
caymanlee
Medic

Downloads: 32

Super! Love to see that!?Some wish mod, hope u can considered:?Chinese Yuan Class submarine?F22?F35?B2?F117?Chinese new fighter J-10??If you like, I*could send detail pictures of Yuan class and J-10??Cheers!?
caymanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 12:31 PM   #10
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

I'd second the Yuan.

BTW, if you build the MiG-29, you'll need a boat to carry them.....

And that container ship looks purdy. Nice to see she's all grown up now; I haven't seen her anywhere but the side of milk cartons since 688I.
Old 05-29-07, 04:03 PM   #11
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Quote:
I'd second the Yuan.
I'm kinda waiting until more images of her are made public, I've modeled ships with only 1 or 2 pics on hand but I think the Yuan deserves better.

Quote:
BTW, if you build the MiG-29, you'll need a boat to carry them.....
I remember taking my MiG-29K off the deck of the Kuzntzov in Flanker 2.5. :p

Quote:
And that container ship looks purdy. Nice to see she's all grown up now; I haven't seen her anywhere but the side of milk cartons since 688I.
Since I've havn't played 688i bear with me here, was there one in 688i? Because thats not from 688i, its a model based on a hull Xabba made many years ago.

Here are some more pics!!
All these models are ready to go- just need to be converted to .j3d and in to the DB they go...

IL-28 Beagles USSR and PLAN versons:

MiG-23 Flogger USSR and Arab versions:

USS Seawolf SSN 575

Old 06-12-07, 11:44 AM   #12
Eagle1_Division
Bosun

Downloads: 15

you can model for DW with GMAX!?!?! I am very skilled at gmax and I'm currently working on a mod for bf2, I also love working in low poly... How will/do you convert these!?!(and what scaling converts to DW?, and does DW support non-square images?)

I also kinda owe XabbaRus, never completed the texture for the Grisha, honestly I found it very difficult to texture something thats already UVW'd, I'd like to even it out with a model or two...

dont do the Freedom of the Seas... I want to model that one!(Just came back from the real one a few days ago ) And why hasn't anyone ever modeled the Iowa BB?

Last edited by Eagle1_Division; 06-12-07 at 04:05 PM.
Eagle1_Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 04:36 PM   #13
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1_Division
you can model for DW with GMAX!?!?! I am very skilled at gmax and I'm currently working on a mod for bf2, I also love working in low poly... How will/do you convert these!?!(and what scaling converts to DW?, and does DW support non-square images?)

I also kinda owe XabbaRus, never completed the texture for the Grisha, honestly I found it very difficult to texture something thats already UVW'd, I'd like to even it out with a model or two...

dont do the Freedom of the Seas... I want to model that one!(Just came back from the real one a few days ago ) And why hasn't anyone ever modeled the Iowa BB?
You can model with GMAX for DW but converting is another matter. 3DSMax is required to covert a .3ds to .j3d (DW's native format).

Painting something that someone else has allready mapped is a pain the Type 22 and Foxtrot in the current LWAMI mod were painted by me but mapped by Xabba. Long story short I greatly reduced some of the maps in termns of size simply because the objects given a 1000x800 map were something I would have just stuck in the corner of a map and given a simple one color paint job. Xabba is a fine mapper its just that our tecniques are just diffrent in some aspects. (but thats not so say he isn't good at some aspects, I've adopted his method of mapping sub hulls )

There was a model of the Iowa in SCX so I assume we will be using it in LWAMI unless you make a better one. If it comes down to it I guess we can run a poll as to which model to include in LWAMI.

I hope someone like Xabba or Aaken can answer your other questions because I don't know.

I hope you do model some stuff for DW Eagle1.

Old 06-12-07, 05:25 PM   #14
Eagle1_Division
Bosun

Downloads: 15

Since Ive replied ive almost completed the Freedom of the Seas . 1,4?? polies, it looks preatty good and I've created my own texture, just UVW mapping it now(does standard material work? ).

EDIT:the file errors every time it opens! D: . I'll restart my computer later... for now i'll just play DW...
Eagle1_Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 08:02 PM   #15
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

In case you couldn't tell, I had the Admiral Gorshkov in mind for the MiG-29. Without the Gorshkov, I don't think the MiG-29 adds anything, since the Flanker has very similar capabilities and is already flying off the Kuznetsov.