SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-07, 07:43 AM   #1
Subleo
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default "Lost" sub, OH MY GOD !!

For those who watched "Lost" this week. Where did they get that stupid sub from ? It ruined the episode. I couldn't stop thinking (and laughing) about that toy sub for the rest of the episode.
Old 04-25-07, 09:12 PM   #2
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subleo
For those who watched "Lost" this week. Where did they get that stupid sub from ? It ruined the episode. I couldn't stop thinking (and laughing) about that toy sub for the rest of the episode.

Totally agree. While I love the show, it needs to end soon! Who is going to show up next on the island? Gilligan and the Skipper? It seems to me that the writers are writing this as they go. ...and now they have a new character (chick from the helicopter), please, just end it before the show starts to suck.

Season six Lost:
While Hurley and Jack are still playing ping-pong, a plane crashes on the island containing the Harlem Globetrotters. They set up a basketball league on the island, when this twarted by Sawyer stealing the island's only basketball to sell for booze on a new island that has a liquor store.
Old 04-28-07, 04:13 PM   #3
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
:hmm: My guess is where everyone else gets their submarines from: RUSSIA!

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-07, 04:19 PM   #4
waste gate
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

From here?

Old 04-28-07, 04:44 PM   #5
Camaero
The Old Man

Downloads: 18

Wow I want one to play SHIV in!
Old 04-28-07, 04:56 PM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I just wish that Jack Bauer from "24" would have been on the plane that crashed to the island. Would have taken 5min for him to squeeze everything he needs to know from some plant or palm tree.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-07, 07:14 PM   #7
Subleo
Watch

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike
Quote:
:hmm: My guess is where everyone else gets their submarines from: RUSSIA!
On a previous episode (where locke blows up the sub), if I am not mistaken, the sub looked like a gato/balao class. (docked 10 meter from the beach :rotfl: ).
Old 04-29-07, 07:07 AM   #8
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Here in Portugal, the 3rd season began in 28 of March, they show 3 eps and in the next sunday more 3, and know notting for one month. At least I know that will have a sub, a russian gato/balao class... eheheh
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 11:18 AM   #9
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
I just wish that Jack Bauer from "24" would have been on the plane that crashed to the island. Would have taken 5min for him to squeeze everything he needs to know from some plant or palm tree.

Then it would take him 23 hours and 55 minutes to find the bomb that is going to explode killing everyone on the island!

or.....whatever....
Old 04-29-07, 11:35 AM   #10
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
Quote:
Then it would take him 23 hours and 55 minutes to find the bomb that is going to explode killing everyone on the island!

or.....whatever....
Nope, he would have slept for 12hrs, eaten for 6hrs and then he would've killed the other survivors and made a new aircraft out of their bones.
Old 04-29-07, 10:34 PM   #11
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Good idea:rotfl: It might speed up the story.
Old 04-30-07, 03:19 AM   #12
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
Quote:
Indeed. I heard that the cast have contracts to up to 6 seasons. I really really really hope they wont continue the show that long! It is already very boring, but with 3 seasons still to come we are beginning to see episodes like "Hurley goes fishing", "Sawyer and the lost toilet paper collection", "Jin learns english" or "Charlie makes dinner".
Old 04-30-07, 02:12 PM   #13
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
Quote:
Indeed. I heard that the cast have contracts to up to 6 seasons. I really really really hope they wont continue the show that long! It is already very boring, but with 3 seasons still to come we are beginning to see episodes like "Hurley goes fishing", "Sawyer and the lost toilet paper collection", "Jin learns english" or "Charlie makes dinner".
This sounds very suspicious...:hmm: Dowly, are you a writer for ABC?? Confess! or it's the comfy chair for you! Cardinal Biggles!
Old 05-01-07, 07:42 AM   #14
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

At the ready m'lord!

Shall I fetch t-t-the CUSHIONS!!!!??? too sir!?

Last edited by Biggles; 05-01-07 at 07:54 AM.
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-07, 09:19 AM   #15
TteFAboB
Admiral

Downloads: 4

Lost should've ended on Season 2. I accepted Season 3 in good will but they better make this one the last. The series is running out of steam. What used to be condensed and solved in one or two episodes now is overextended in three or four. What used to be overwhelming and very demanding on your attention and memory now is simple and obvious. If once it was fun trying to figure out the plot in advance now it's getting duller by the episode as the misguiding tricks are loosing effect after being abused so much and for so long.

This series was a gem and would finish as a gem had it ended on Season 2 or 3. But if they push it even longer it will loose its special character and become a new Gilligan's Island, Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, etc.