SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-06, 01:52 PM   #16
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Just a suggestion...

Take a look at AAM behavior; they tend to enable right away and shoot down wingmen instead of the baddies.
Old 06-03-06, 02:30 PM   #17
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Thanks for the input. I'll look into it. I've noticed that myself a few times when a missile intended for the enemy is locking onto and destroying friendlys. I've also noticed how Evasive maneuvers aren't triggered until the missile is right on top of the fighter. I'll be looking to change this somehow eventually.

What I'm working on currently is kindof perplexing. For some reason, the AttackBest command is causing the planes to close distances and engae with their... guns! What the heck....

... such a strange engine this is, where half the behavior is hidden in the engine and the other half open in the doctrines. I wish we had more access to the AttackBest logic because it certain does produce some strange behavior sometimes.
Old 06-04-06, 09:23 AM   #18
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

After throughly investigating this weird, "AttackBest Not working" bug I'm a little bit back to square one.

I've put some DebugOuts into the doctrine file to see what's triggering and I see that AttackBest If structures are triggering, but yet the result is no missile fire...

... back to the drawing board...
...WIP...this will probably take awhile to figure out.

Here's the current version of the AirIntercept.txt doctrine that I'm testing if anyone would like to give it a go.
Code:

; By LoBlo, attempt to script better intercept and attack behavior from fighters
 ; Evasion after firing
 IF WeaponAway THEN {
  DebugOut "Weapons fired, evading now"
  SteerAway
  SetSpd Maxspd / 1.25
 ; Intercept incoming aircraft
 } ELSEIF NOT LostTrack AND TgtClass $= "AIR" AND ( TgtID $= "HOSTILE" OR ( TgtID $= "UAE" ) OR ( TgtID $= "UPD" ) ) THEN {
  DebugOut "Intercept Course"
  SetSpd Maxspd / 1.15
  Intercept
  ; Attack when in range
  IF TgtRng < ( AttackRng / 1.1 ) THEN {
   AttackBest
   DebugOut "Firing"
  } ENDIF
 } ENDIF
Putting a "If AttackRng >= 0" condition at the beginning of the doctrine has not seemed to repair the behavior...
As far as indiffinate intercept courses... I'm thinking about leaving the "intercept" command in a Init structure so that an Intercept is plotted during the first detection but not indefinantly.

WIP
lb
Old 06-04-06, 10:51 PM   #19
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Usually there is some basic principle that one takes for granted that works differently than expected, and that is the source of the problems.

Once you find that, it becomes easy to see what's happening and why, although sometimes the solution presented makes the work much less appealing than it was when you started the project.