SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-17, 10:04 PM   #5176
Thrackerzod
Swabbie

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

I don't suppose anybody would happen to know where the music in this mod comes from, do they? I know I've heard it all somewhere before and thought it was one of the Medal of Honor games, but I'm not sure.
Thrackerzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 06:14 AM   #5177
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Thackerzod
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 11:53 AM   #5178
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
The date is September 29th 1942. My submarine is the USS Plunger, SS-179, porpoise class submarine which is based out of Midway Island. My location is longitude 141° 46' E, latitude is 36°0' N. Weather is overcast clouds with light rain, heavy fog with wind speed of 15 meters per second from a direction of 16°. The crew is at battle stations with the radar reporting two contacts at a bearing of 63°, range is 12,000 yards. Sonar has confirmed bearing of 63° and contacts are merchant, moving slow, closing! Torpedoes are set with depth five feet, offset angle at 0, low speed, exploder at contact and doors are open. Now here is my problem. I can't set the range to the target using the Range Dial linked to the Attack Data Tool. I also can't use the stadimeter. So I setup for a 90° attack. Fired two torpedoes as the ship crossed the aiming point. My question is: how can the range be input to TDC like will sonar?
I can't set the range to the target using the Range Dial linked to the Attack Data Tool.
There is a MOD to fix this that I've been using, by Nicolas I think, search for it in DL's, from year 2009, name has TGT to PK Fix for Range, something close to that. It lets you spin the range dial all the way up to 10K yds. Sorry but I don't have a link for it.
Old 08-17-17, 02:02 PM   #5179
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Before you go editing your files, let's see what s7rikeback has to say about that NPL_Hap. Seems to me that there was something about that bad boy, but we'll double-check, because it won't be only that particular listing in TC102, but it is populated throughout the game... Now, just to be certain where we are here, which version of the mod do you have again, and do you happen to remember the date of the download? That looms large. I'll go back and look through the thread here...

Well, I can't find it real quick, but at the top of the page, back a little bit, is this
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77#post2501977

Where RR reports that v0.63 was back up, after another "fix"... I don't remember if the Hap was involved in that or not...
playing SH4 1.5 DVD with LAA and GameBoost
FOTRS 0.62 (0.63 came out after i started this campaign/career)
d/l on or about ‎Sunday, ‎July ‎09, ‎2017
Dell XPS running Win7-64 8G Ram

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 02:48 PM   #5180
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Before you go editing your files, let's see what s7rikeback has to say about that NPL_Hap. Seems to me that there was something about that bad boy, but we'll double-check, because it won't be only that particular listing in TC102, but it is populated throughout the game... Now, just to be certain where we are here, which version of the mod do you have again, and do you happen to remember the date of the download? That looms large. I'll go back and look through the thread here...

Well, I can't find it real quick, but at the top of the page, back a little bit, is this
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77#post2501977

Where RR reports that v0.63 was back up, after another "fix"... I don't remember if the Hap was involved in that or not...
Nope, the NPL_Hap was not involved in that recent incident...
Old 08-17-17, 03:11 PM   #5181
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
playing SH4 1.5 DVD with LAA and GameBoost
FOTRS 0.62 (0.63 came out after i started this campaign/career)
d/l on or about ‎Sunday, ‎July ‎09, ‎2017
Dell XPS running Win7-64 8G Ram
There we go... there were issues in v0.62 (hence the rather quick move to 63, which we also messed up... ) - I missed you saying that earlier

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-17, 04:57 AM   #5182
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
I can't set the range to the target using the Range Dial linked to the Attack Data Tool.
There is a MOD to fix this that I've been using, by Nicolas I think, search for it in DL's, from year 2009, name has TGT to PK Fix for Range, something close to that. It lets you spin the range dial all the way up to 10K yds. Sorry but I don't have a link for it.
jldjs, thank you sir for your reply and help. I do know of the mod that you are referring to. I have used it in the past with TMO 2.5. One question I have though. Do you know if this mod will change the way that FOTRS_Ultimate behaves? Since this a beta project, I wouldn't to make changes that effect the way the mod works.
Happy Hunting!
Larry
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-17, 08:28 AM   #5183
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
There we go... there were issues in v0.62 (hence the rather quick move to 63, which we also messed up... ) - I missed you saying that earlier
wellll, do you think i could get away with a release upgrade (62 to 63) between patrols?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-17, 09:58 AM   #5184
propbeanie

Quote:
jldjs, thank you sir for your reply and help. I do know of the mod that you are referring to. I have used it in the past with TMO 2.5. One question I have though. Do you know if this mod will change the way that FOTRS_Ultimate behaves? Since this a beta project, I wouldn't to make changes that effect the way the mod works.
Happy Hunting!
Larry
Larrywb57 & jldjs, if you guys encounter issues with the game with the other mod enabled, go ahead and document what you find, but then back off the other mod, and try again, documenting what you find. We'll try to incorporate the info when we try to start "authorizing" add-in mods, which most likely won't happen until after the first full release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
wellll, do you think i could get away with a release upgrade (62 to 63) between patrols?
... eh... I'm not certain. I do not recall what-all was changed 62 to 63. I do know that we had several ships with issues in v62, and that one followed into the first version of 63, hence the update to it (which is now rolled into the download file). You could always back-up your download folder for safe-keeping and give it a whirl. Just don't load the save that crashed the game. If it works, fantastic. If it doesn't, delete the save folder, roll back to 62, bring your old save folder back in, and go back about your career, staying away from any and all NPL_Hap vessels, which won't be easy... Someone else might remember which version it was we eliminated the Type=18 and 19 ships, and went back to Type=6,7 & 11. If that was 62 to the first 63, then you'll know pretty quick there's a failure to do a mid-campaign version change 62-63, cause you'll CTD with the first changed ship... My fingers are crossed, wish you well and good luck, but don't expect it to work.

Old 08-18-17, 12:24 PM   #5185
RampantParanoia
Watch

Downloads: 45

Quote:
The saves sometimes will pull bad data from the save folder that then "overwrites" what's in the computer memory for the game, not the file you edited. I'm not sure how the Settings screen stuff goes though... seems to me that you're fine, but we'd have to wait for someone more knowledgeable to confirm...
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, life got in the way and I've only been able to run SH4 yesterday and today! I've comprehensively been through every in-game graphic setting, none of them affect seeing the sun halo through vessels.

I've also been through every setting in the nVidia drivers and the only thing that fixes it is increasing antialiasing above 4x, which then gives a flat sun as described in the nVidia graphics tweaks thread. Other people reported the same issue waaaay back in that thread but nobody ever listed a fix so I suspect it's not a specific issue to FOTRSU.

From what I read in that thread nVidia drivers apply a transparency layer to all objects as a feature for image quality, perhaps SH4 doesn't process transparency normally so it allows the glare through solid objects like ship? The consensus is that it doesn't do antialiasing normally (hence issues above 4x) so it could be feasible, but I'm just guessing here.

I did notice in all my testing that when moving about in free camera that any wave action on water 'jiggles' slightly, it stops when you stop moving. Again this wasn't affected by any of my many many settings changes so not sure what's going on there either.
Old 08-18-17, 01:13 PM   #5186
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
jldjs, thank you sir for your reply and help. I do know of the mod that you are referring to. Do you know if this mod will change the way that FOTRS_Ultimate behaves?
Larry
I am not aware of any adverse effect on the Betas. I tried it to fix the "restriction" of entering range as you found, and also used the mod to drag the AoB setting to match the target track. Both of these mods are from TMO, and since FotRS was based on TMO I expected them to work as well on Ultimate, and that has been my experience. But, I will do as Probeanie requests if I come across a problem using FotRS_U beta before reporting it.
Old 08-18-17, 01:14 PM   #5187
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

So what do I need to get the kamikazes to function properly? They just fly over when put them in TMO RSRD and the model of the plane does not show up, just the cockpit and pilot lol.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-17, 04:30 PM   #5188
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Larrywb57 & jldjs, if you guys encounter issues with the game with the other mod enabled, go ahead and document what you find, but then back off the other mod, and try again, documenting what you find. We'll try to incorporate the info when we try to start "authorizing" add-in mods, which most likely won't happen until after the first full release...
We'll do PB.

No problem so far with Nicolas's Easy AOB. I did try 'TGT DIALS TO PK FIX' mod, but nothing changed when launching the game.
Happy Hunting!
Larry
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-17, 06:46 AM   #5189
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampantParanoia View Post
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, life got in the way and I've only been able to run SH4 yesterday and today! I've comprehensively been through every in-game graphic setting, none of them affect seeing the sun halo through vessels.

I've also been through every setting in the nVidia drivers and the only thing that fixes it is increasing antialiasing above 4x, which then gives a flat sun as described in the nVidia graphics tweaks thread. Other people reported the same issue waaaay back in that thread but nobody ever listed a fix so I suspect it's not a specific issue to FOTRSU.

From what I read in that thread nVidia drivers apply a transparency layer to all objects as a feature for image quality, perhaps SH4 doesn't process transparency normally so it allows the glare through solid objects like ship? The consensus is that it doesn't do antialiasing normally (hence issues above 4x) so it could be feasible, but I'm just guessing here.

I did notice in all my testing that when moving about in free camera that any wave action on water 'jiggles' slightly, it stops when you stop moving. Again this wasn't affected by any of my many many settings changes so not sure what's going on there either.
I wonder if the wiggly ocean and the see-through hulls are related?... There is a fix for the "jello" ocean, if we can find it... We need THEBERBSTER and his research capabilities...

Old 08-19-17, 06:56 AM   #5190
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
So what do I need to get the kamikazes to function properly? They just fly over when put them in TMO RSRD and the model of the plane does not show up, just the cockpit and pilot lol.
It sounds like you don't have all of the files... When I've encountered the kamikazes or the Kates, I've had no issue with them attempting to take me out. They've been successful at it entirely too many times... Did you get all of the equipment files? Also, they can't be too high, or they won't "see" you and attack. Peabody made a kamikaze test mission years ago. See if you can find his old version, and see which height(s) he used. Or look at some of the AOTD_MadMax files for their kamikaze planes. Also, are you referring to the kamikaze plane, or the Ohka / Betty combo?