SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Best of Subsim
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #16
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast
 
Cybermat47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,990
Downloads: 147
Uploads: 9


Default

Category: Best poster of the year.
Nominee: Fifi.
Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Have you set your Documents/SH4/Data/Cfg/main to have:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=64
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=32
CharacterAnim=16
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=8
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=1024
Thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204059
Reason: Fifi has been very helpful solving problems people have with their SH4 and SH5 experiences, and is also very polite when asking for help.
__________________
U-569 makes the contact and lead them, U-94 scores a kill in the dark! U-124 sinking four in two approaches, 406 suffers failure on launch again!
- From Wolfpack by Sabaton.


Cybermat47 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #17
Sailor Steve
Jammin' Again
 
Sailor Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: High in the mountains of Utah
Posts: 49,247
Downloads: 601
Uploads: 246


Default

Title: Modder of the Year.
Nominee: Stiebler
Thread: NYGM Supermod.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231

Yes, the thread is five years old and so is the mod, but any time anybody has a question, a suggestion or needs help, Stiebler is right there to give it. He rarely posts anywhere else these days, but he is constantly posting updates and answering every question that arises.

Maybe that qualifies him for Most Helpful instead, but he also posts updates and helps people with add-ons for NYGM. I think he deserves some recognition.
__________________
"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
-Joseph Joubert



Sailor Steve is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #18
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter
 
Fubar2Niner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: London. UK
Posts: 4,153
Downloads: 245
Uploads: 0


Default

Never used it but seconded, if for no other reason than Stieblers support

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
__________________


My Mediafire account:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pq6fesgls2il0
Fubar2Niner is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #19
danasan
Elite Spam Hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Flensburg / Germany
Posts: 1,210
Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Nominated for Thread of the Year:

I think I found my new home

Post Creator: krau kaleun

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...37#post2046637

A warm and moving topic from a member of our community on a topic that doesn't contain any controversial content but more on life's trials and tribulations and how perseverance and tolerance can actually make it all worthwhile in the end.
I'll second that nomination.

Why? --- Well, if one of us guys here had started that topic, it would have been like this:

Post 1: "I saw that condo the other day, had some trouble getting it for the right price, all the papers done, getting rid of my apartment, but at the end I got it. Still some work to do here and there, but I'll keep you informed (maybe)."

Post 2: "Nice!"

Post 3: "Congrats."

Post 4: "Pictures or it didn't happen."

Post 5 - 10: a mixture of post # 2 - 4

Finish

And what do we have here? 89 pages of humour so far. But that seems to have to do with the frau - I still remember a topic started by Frau Kaleun having the hiccups...
__________________

"I invite you to go inside this submergible hole in the water where you can nicely hide from destroyers."

Last edited by danasan; 08-07-2013 at 10:15 AM.
danasan is offline  
Old 08-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #20
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent
 
Onkel Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Cougar Trap, Texas
Posts: 16,735
Downloads: 384
Uploads: 194


Default

Post of the year
OP: eddie
Thread: Old Buna Retiring?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Good luck on retiring Jim, I hope it works out for you! I retired last year, and it is great! I got real lazy, real quick!

But I am a bit more actve now, I do one situp a day. I sit up in bed around 8 AM, look at the alarm clock, realize I don't have to be anywhere or doing anything, then I lay back down! I'm slowly getting back in shape, for what, I have no clue.
Reason: Very funny, and true. Especially the last line
__________________
.


My work will never be done, because people will always need to subsim
Onkel Neal is online  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #21
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 12,503
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Nominations are open. Please be sure to read and understand the

Guidelines
Nominees have to be active members at the time of nomination.
You cannot nominate yourself (duh).
Threads and posts nominated should have begun in 2013.

Format - VERY IMPORTANT!
When you post a nomination, you must include:
The category you are nominating for (Post of the Year, Modder of the Year, etc.)
The name of the nominee (correctly spelled).
The contents of his post or thread in QUOTES. Don't simply say, "He said this" and a link, include at least part of his post.
A link to the post or thread. For sigs, post the image.
Include your reason for the nomination, why you think it deserves an award.


Voting for BOS categories Dec 15, 2013

Throughout this year, if you come across a post or thread that you think is really noteworthy, post a link, the quote, and your argument. This way we can summarize the whole year easily come this December.

Note: Don't post something every day/week, make sure you feel sure that when you post, it will be a worthy candidate for Best Poster, Best Thread, Most Helpful Member, etc. I am not trying to dissuade you from posting what you think is a good candidate, but we don't want 300 nominations for each category. If we end the year with 25~40 each, that would be best.

**********************

Please keep this particular forum on-topic at all times, so it's easier to sort through down the road.
Most helpful:
Admiral FIFi : He is always responsive to queries, consistently online, technically proficient and his mods list is straightforward-in correct order, always improving and immediately available to the exploring nubs looking for wisdom in uncharted waters. And he can do it in Spanish with a mod for Vigo Bay, saving me a trip back to lLa Rochelle for resupply. As a computer dyslexic new guy myself, his advice is is among the top five that I routinely search out and follow in the Subsim fleet with confidence.
__________________
"Only two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe..." Philip K. Dick
Aktungbby is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 04:33 AM   #22
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 5,298
Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17
Default

Mod of the Year:

TDW's Generic Patcher for SH 5.

Brilliant work by arguably the most knowledgable and gifted modder here on subsim.

The tool is amazing and allows the player to patch out bugs left in by Ubisoft, which inturn allows for much better gameplay, both in realism and functionality.

Of course this is not its only function.

For further reading on Generic Patcher, go here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...81433&page=184

Well done TDW, and thank you for your brilliant contributions
__________________
"History is the lies that the victors agree on"- Napoleon

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #23
Mr Quatro
Admiral
 
Mr Quatro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,014
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

HunterICX for funniest post of the year ...

why is because it speaks for itself


SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Syria conflict: 'Chemical attacks kill hundreds'

HunterICX post #1020


Mr Quatro is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #24
STEED
CINC Pacific Fleet
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England the land of fish and chips
Posts: 24,337
Downloads: 83
Uploads: 48


Funnest post of the year..BossMark
Thread Heartless Tories strike again
Post Number 2289

Quote:
The Tory Government has announced that benefit cheats will now be dealt with as harshly as fraudulent bankers.

I'm not sure giving them Knighthoods is the right way to go.
One of the funnest posts I have read to date. A Witty sarcastic post with a underline message.
__________________

Last one to leave the UK no need to turn the lights out the council has beaten you to it.
STEED is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
Sailor Steve
Jammin' Again
 
Sailor Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: High in the mountains of Utah
Posts: 49,247
Downloads: 601
Uploads: 246


Default

Post Of The Year: GoldenRivet.
Thread: Is It Wrong (General Topics)
Post: #61+#64

Sublime explanation of the odds for and against relationships with wide age differences. Says what many of us would like to, but better than most of us can.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...4&postcount=61
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=64

[edit] I originally copied post #64, then realized my mistake. I left it up because #61 and #64 really can be taken as a whole.
__________________
"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
-Joseph Joubert




Last edited by Sailor Steve; 10-01-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Sailor Steve is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #26
desertstriker
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: mod soup bar and grill
Posts: 1,778
Downloads: 954
Uploads: 0
Default

Title: Modder of the Year.
Nominee: makman94
Thread: [REL] M.E.P v4.2 ( ManosEnvironmentPro -version4 )
Reason: Made, probably, one of the most used environmental mods out there.
desertstriker is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #27
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter
 
CaptainHaplo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,400
Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default

Title: Thread of the Year
Nominee: Gut Wrench
Thread: 2013 Subsim Fantasy Football Reports
Location: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=207006

Reason for Nomination:

The "reports" themselves are vastly entertaining, and help create interest among both the community and the players. Given that this has become an annual "tradition" for Subsim, it is noteworthy that Gut Wrench has been willing to donate quite a few late hours to the role of "Sports Reporter" - especially since the reports are posted after every Monday Night game.

The humor, wit and camaraderie that is shared and created by the thread makes it noteworthy and well worth a look at for "thread of the year".

Yes - other threads may get more posts or more people posting - but few run as long and stay relevant (and on topic in GT!). Some threads may burn brighter, others hotter - but few last the ~4 months of life that the Subsim FF reports does. What is more - it does it not just once - but every year! How many other posts nominated for "POTY" can claim that?
__________________
Good Hunting!

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral
 
nikimcbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Patroling off Bungo Straights
Posts: 17,184
Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
Title: Thread of the Year
Nominee: Gut Wrench
Thread: 2013 Subsim Fantasy Football Reports
Location: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=207006

Reason for Nomination:

The "reports" themselves are vastly entertaining, and help create interest among both the community and the players. Given that this has become an annual "tradition" for Subsim, it is noteworthy that Gut Wrench has been willing to donate quite a few late hours to the role of "Sports Reporter" - especially since the reports are posted after every Monday Night game.

The humor, wit and camaraderie that is shared and created by the thread makes it noteworthy and well worth a look at for "thread of the year".

Yes - other threads may get more posts or more people posting - but few run as long and stay relevant (and on topic in GT!). Some threads may burn brighter, others hotter - but few last the ~4 months of life that the Subsim FF reports does. What is more - it does it not just once - but every year! How many other posts nominated for "POTY" can claim that?
second.
__________________
nikimcbee is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #29
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent
 
Onkel Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Cougar Trap, Texas
Posts: 16,735
Downloads: 384
Uploads: 194


Default

Ok, nominatations are now open for your choice of Moderator of the Year. We have a really good team, there are no bad moderators here. I suggest you base your nom on interactions you have had with a moderator, or observations you have made on a moderator handling an issue. Maybe you were at the U-boat bar too long and had to get an infraction--did the moderator handle it with courtesy and professionalism? Nominate him. Have you seen a moderator defuse a situation with humor or fellowship? Nominate him.

Post you Moderator of the Year candidate here, with you evidence and reason.
Thanks!
Onkel Neal is online  
Old 12-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #30
Father Goose
Sonar Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Matalava Island
Posts: 395
Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstriker View Post
Title: Modder of the Year.
Nominee: makman94
Thread: [REL] M.E.P v4.2 ( ManosEnvironmentPro -version4 )
Reason: Made, probably, one of the most used environmental mods out there.
Second the nomination of makman94.
Excellent mod and very timely responses and concerns over any issues.
Father Goose is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim