SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-15, 09:04 AM   #316
phenomic
Seaman

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

Hello, friends is the amagi ready and one have maybe a download link from it?
phenomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 11:02 AM   #317
brotato1337
Watch

Downloads: 194

could you make an Izumo that would be aweome
brotato1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-15, 07:29 PM   #318
FRANZ_PROWER
Nub

Downloads: 300

Is the Tillman maximum battleship IV-2 he made available for download? If so what is its file name?
FRANZ_PROWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 04:53 PM   #319
Zam1
Swabbie

Downloads: 47

Does anyone know if Karle's Pensacola was playable? And if so, does anyone have their hands on the files? At this point I would probably pay money to have a playable 'Cola in SH4.

In any case thanks for all replies!

-Zam

EDIT: BTW I'm not joking about the whole paying money bit, if there is an available modder willing to do a Pensacola. Set up a Patreon and I will quite literally pay you for mods.

Last edited by Zam1; 12-04-16 at 05:03 PM.
Zam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 02:06 PM   #320
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam1 View Post
Does anyone know if Karle's Pensacola was playable? And if so, does anyone have their hands on the files? At this point I would probably pay money to have a playable 'Cola in SH4.

In any case thanks for all replies!

-Zam

EDIT: BTW I'm not joking about the whole paying money bit, if there is an available modder willing to do a Pensacola. Set up a Patreon and I will quite literally pay you for mods.
I never made the PepsiCola a playable ship, only as an AI controlled ship. She would not make a good convoy raider, as any 76mm-127mm gun in the game would sink you in an instant.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 03:56 PM   #321
Zam1
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle94 View Post
I never made the PepsiCola a playable ship, only as an AI controlled ship. She would not make a good convoy raider, as any 76mm-127mm gun in the game would sink you in an instant.
First, thank you very much for your reply Karle. I'm almost surprised some of the older members still come around here considering how old the game has gotten.

Would it take a considerable amount of effort to make it playable? Is it possible for you to walk me through it? Despite the sheer lack of armor, I still would like to have a PepsiCola available for play. And if there were any other ships that needed porting over to be available for play, as long as it didn't require some measure of coding, I'd be willing to help.

EDIT: Oh by the way, I was using your G3 BattleCruiser and the turrets were black and texture-less, I was reading that there was a solution for that further back in the thread, but didn't understand what to do.
Old 12-05-16, 06:19 PM   #322
Karle94
The Old Man

Quote:
First, thank you very much for your reply Karle. I'm almost surprised some of the older members still come around here considering how old the game has gotten.

Would it take a considerable amount of effort to make it playable? Is it possible for you to walk me through it? Despite the sheer lack of armor, I still would like to have a PepsiCola available for play. And if there were any other ships that needed porting over to be available for play, as long as it didn't require some measure of coding, I'd be willing to help.

EDIT: Oh by the way, I was using your G3 BattleCruiser and the turrets were black and texture-less, I was reading that there was a solution for that further back in the thread, but didn't understand what to do.
And I am still surprised people still come here looking for my stuff, even after all these years.

Now, let's get down to business. I think you can still find the necessary tutorials to learn how to mod the game. The process is quiet easy when you have learned the necessary know-how.

It is however quiet difficult to either talk through, or to learn through text.
That will be one huge wall of text, think wall of China You could always do what I did, learn by simply getting the necessary tools and diddle till something happens, for good or bad

There are others that could teach you, I was never good at teaching that sort of things. I get too stuck at details that may or not be necessary, or relevant.

As for the black textures, those turrets were quiet unpredictable. Sometimes they were textured, sometimes not. Guess weapons of war have feelings and moodswings too

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here:
Old 12-05-16, 08:29 PM   #323
Zam1
Swabbie

Quote:
And I am still surprised people still come here looking for my stuff, even after all these years.

Now, let's get down to business. I think you can still find the necessary tutorials to learn how to mod the game. The process is quiet easy when you have learned the necessary know-how.

It is however quiet difficult to either talk through, or to learn through text.
That will be one huge wall of text, think wall of China You could always do what I did, learn by simply getting the necessary tools and diddle till something happens, for good or bad

There are others that could teach you, I was never good at teaching that sort of things. I get too stuck at details that may or not be necessary, or relevant.

As for the black textures, those turrets were quiet unpredictable. Sometimes they were textured, sometimes not. Guess weapons of war have feelings and moodswings too
I can't seem to find any guides on how to make Surface Ships for SH4 anywhere, whether from scratch or from in game models that are already in AI form. Honestly I'd rather have a text wall, than no instruction at all if you'd be willing to share your knowledge. But of course we'll start with a chunk at a time. But I'll definitely need the files you already have for the Cola to start the modifying process and of course once it's all done I'll be crediting you heavily.
Old 12-06-16, 04:59 AM   #324
Karle94
The Old Man

Quote:
I can't seem to find any guides on how to make Surface Ships for SH4 anywhere, whether from scratch or from in game models that are already in AI form. Honestly I'd rather have a text wall, than no instruction at all if you'd be willing to share your knowledge. But of course we'll start with a chunk at a time. But I'll definitely need the files you already have for the Cola to start the modifying process and of course once it's all done I'll be crediting you heavily.
That is the problem, I no longer have the files.

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here:
Old 12-13-16, 11:09 PM   #325
Admiral-Jervis
Watch

Downloads: 88
Default Tillman and South Dakota

Greetings, I am new to Subsim, and I have just gotten into Surface Ships, and I'm yearning to play the Tillman and the 1920 South Dakota. Could you provide the download files, as the links provided are all dead. I would also appreciate it if you could provide which of your ships are compatible with 1.4. (I don't have the budget to purchase 1.5.)
Admiral-Jervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-17, 12:35 PM   #326
Admiral-Jervis
Watch

Downloads: 88

Quote:
Here`s something I while in class:

Since the file for this has been lost, I would like to try and re-make it myself. But I am unsure as to what programming I need to use.
Admiral-Jervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 03:43 AM   #327
Taeny
Swabbie

Downloads: 155

Can you fix turrents on Hood? Or do you have HMS Repulse mod?
Taeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-20, 10:53 AM   #328
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 222

Only just found this thread, first let me say a big thank you to you Karl for your hard work on these ships.

One of my favourite things in SH4 is playing as a ship, I downloaded your ships and had a quick go with some of them, you are a genius mate.

I have downloaded some other 'Playable ships' bit they are not 'Human playable' I keep trying to convert them but not yet hitting the nail on the head.
I did ask on another thread but the only reply was to copy the format from a Human playable which I did but I'm obviously missing something.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote