SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-18, 01:35 AM   #1
Flaskegaard
Medic

Downloads: 847
Uploads: 0
Default Same ships in Convoys.

Greetings,
I have noticed that the exact same ships appear in both medium and large convoys that are randomly generated in both the WAR PATROL and CAMPAIGN locations, regardless of year or location. Is there anywhere in the files, or maybe a mod that can change this?
Flaskegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 09:15 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you are playing the game without mods, you will eventually notice repetition. This is partially due to the games lack of "random" in its "random number generator" (remember early 'predictable' Donkey Kong console versions??). There is also the issue with what the game calls 'small', 'medium' and 'large'. Stock also does not have a very big catalog of ships to pull from, so you see lots of repeats. The mod with the most variety is Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, which is in 'beta' status currently, but more stable than some other mods. If you go to apply a mod, you want to be sure you have the game installed in a folder other than a "Program Files" folder. With FotRSU (Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate), you also want to be sure and have v1.5 of the game - the one with the Uboats in it. Let us know what you do, and someone can help, if needed...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-18, 08:47 PM   #3
Flaskegaard
Medic

Downloads: 847
Uploads: 0

So, on a whim, I decided to go into my TMO 2.0 CAMPAIGN files and randomly picked one of the four JAP_CONVOYS listed in 41, then slowly scrolled down and noticed all sorts of minor entry mistakes. The most numerous error I found are ships listed in 1941 convoy files that have GAME ENTRY and CFG DATE of 1943. Just short of having to manually scroll through EACH category of each year, I don't suppose there is some sort of program to make that a bit simpler?....and/or quicker?
Flaskegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-18, 09:44 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The version of TMO you want to be using is 2.5. One little app for checking things is SH Validator, though it does have limitations.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote