SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-18, 02:31 PM   #1
JCWolf
Admiral

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 1
radar Twos Menus and screens

Twos Menus and screens WIP

Hi Guys...

Had a conversation with vdr1981 the Creator of TWOS Mod about some stuff that I wanted to change , To the ones that know my previous Mods probably you will know that I like to change most of the SH screens and menus to a more Realistic and attractive looks, So after talking to Him about this he liked the idea and gave me open road to do what I wanted to do...

Realize that this Mod time to finish depends a lot on my free time, and also on what I can do or not with this screens, first I have decided not to change the screens or menus in game positioning cause that could cause in game problems and I do not want that, most probably I will change the Font colors in some of those menus that I will mod so that they fit a little more visible and clear to read...

This is just to give you guys some input, on what I intend to do , and for sure will not release nothing before vdr1981 tells me to, in fact I wanted him to release this Mod in TWOS next update if possible to have this finished on that time line...if not I will release as an optional TWOS mod that I will post in a new thread when its done...

I want to change a lot of menus and screens for what I have seen in the game, I hate the message screens ( LOL), the Cpt. Log, the crew management etc...so I will try to assemble a more attractive menu and screens so that we can get this TWOS a little more beautiful , cause it is already awesome in game play...

So get in mind that the release of this work will depend a lot on my life and free time...and hang in there ...

Salutes from a Subsim Friend

JCWolf Mediafire SHIII Page

User name : JCWolf
Password : stefre@jcm
JCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-18, 05:42 PM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

JCW
Your fine work continues and I hope you can find the time to bring your ideas to fruition.
SH5 is vdr1981 (Vecko) with his wonderful TWoS mega mod giving us SH5 players a game to play that we can all be proud of.
We were once the joke players who played Silent Hunter 5 but no longer we can all stand proud and say "I play The Wolves of Steel.
Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 01:20 PM   #3
Rysgame
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

Would love to see the navmap improved. It is really frustrating to get a message saying a convoy is at "Lat/Lon" but I cannot find the location because the map border is blocking it.
Rysgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 02:29 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysgame View Post
Would love to see the navmap improved. It is really frustrating to get a message saying a convoy is at "Lat/Lon" but I cannot find the location because the map border is blocking it.

And if you access the map with 'M' key?
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 03:13 PM   #5
Rysgame
Swabbie

I will be super honest, I have used the M key LOOOONG before I realized there was a GUI button. So, yes, I use the M key
Old 08-14-18, 05:38 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysgame View Post
I will be super honest, I have used the M key LOOOONG before I realized there was a GUI button. So, yes, I use the M key

Humm, sorry that it didn't help...
What resolution are you playing with? Try to change in your grafics card the 'scaling options'. Try Fullscreen with GPU to see if the map renders differently. Also I remember that there are resolution fixes for TWoS, try to use one which best fits your ratio (4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10...).
Old 08-14-18, 06:49 PM   #7
Rysgame
Swabbie

I am running at 4K, 16"9. The issue is the checkered bar along the edge of the map. It just covers the Lat/Long I will try and get a screenie

https://imgur.com/a/NcgGruv

Last edited by Rysgame; 08-14-18 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-14-18, 08:41 PM   #8
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Thanks to provide a picture, I now see clearly your problem. Unfortunately the higher the resolution you play at, the smaller the font sizes at display. I'm afraid that the only remedy is to lower the resolution. I think the map grafics (comming from TDW 7_5_0?) are optimized for a resolution 1920x1080. Using higher resolutions will undoubtly make all 3D visuals much better, no question, but alas the fonts will get very small and displaced like in this case.
Be sure to link this picture in the main WoS thread so Vecko can see it and make some better suggestions. Ideal would be: using another font set if available, or at least changing the font color for better contrast. But no idea about how to do that, sorry.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 08-14-18 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-14-18, 09:35 PM   #9
Rysgame
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Thanks to provide a picture, I now see clearly your problem. Unfortunately the higher the resolution you play at, the smaller the font sizes at display. I'm afraid that the only remedy is to lower the resolution. I think the map grafics (comming from TDW 7_5_0?) are optimized for a resolution 1920x1080. Using higher resolutions will undoubtly make all 3D visuals much better, no question, but alas the fonts will get very small and displaced like in this case.
Be sure to link this picture in the main WoS thread so Vecko can see it and make some better suggestions. Ideal would be: using another font set if available, or at least changing the font color for better contrast. But no idea about how to do that, sorry.
Thanks! You have been a wonderful help my friend! Safe sailing.