SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-18, 02:14 PM   #1
Vault_Buster
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default RA seems to not work for me

When I tried to install Reinforce Alert, it seemed generally fine. I used the .bat after I installed it, but the new vehicles I can't use. It gives me a 12010 error saying I can't open the bitmap files. That's what I've gotten anyway.

In general. A whole plethora of problems happen when i try out different subs. The Virginia class seems relatively normal, but when I try something like the Victor-I, I end up having the phrase, "Kapitan, the torpedo tube is not flooded!" I have no idea wht's happening, but if someone can tell me what to do it'd be appreciated. I'm unsure if I should launch the .bat again, but since it states that it needs it to be a clean install, I'm unsure if I'll break my own game. If one of you help me, it can be appreciated. Also I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
Vault_Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-18, 02:31 PM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Hello!

Are you running the game on Windows 7? If so, you need to run the batch file as an administrator (you need to reinstall DW first). You've copied the batch file and RA folder into your Dangerous Waters directory? You're running the batch file in your Dangerous Waters directory?

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-18, 02:33 PM   #3
Vault_Buster
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Hello!

Are you running the game on Windows 7? If so, you need to run the batch file as an administrator (you need to reinstall DW first). You've copied the batch file and RA folder into your Dangerous Waters directory? You're running the batch file in your Dangerous Waters directory?
I was running it on Windows 10. I had the Windows 10 fix already installed. So was that the only issue? I had to run it in administrator mode? Also I ran it in my Dangerous Waters main directory

Edit: I've just recently reinstalled it again and I'm still having the same issues. When I go to certain rooms on some of the subs. Sound effects spam me until I leave them. The Alfa doesn't even have any kind of armament I can equip and as soon as I go to a module, sonar or TMA. It instantly pauses the game with a 12010 error and I have to end the game through the task manager.

Last edited by Vault_Buster; 04-26-18 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-26-18, 03:43 PM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Hmm, Windows 10 does not need the administrator mode batch file, in fact, I think it won't work if you run it in administrator mode.

Is your Dangerous Waters up to date?

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-18, 04:38 PM   #5
Vault_Buster
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Hmm, Windows 10 does not need the administrator mode batch file, in fact, I think it won't work if you run it in administrator mode.

Is your Dangerous Waters up to date?
Found out. I actually extracted the folder itself into the game. I should've just dragged the folder. But now I experience an issue when I use the seawolf class. Any attempt to fill the torpedo tubes crash the game.

Anyone have any idea? Because the game seems correct with all the new additions, but I can't attack anything.

Edit: I forgot to reinstall the 1.04 patch

Last edited by Vault_Buster; 04-26-18 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-26-18, 09:59 PM   #6
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Try re-installing DW again, then make sure the stock game works before you install the RA mod.
Try everything including all of the default platforms and make sure they work.

You may need to find another DW install and buy it. If your current install comes from Steam, there is another way to buy the game direct from Strategy First (via Amazon) as a direct download, if you need to try that.

DW has been around for a long time and its possible you may have a version. The Steam and Strategy First(Amazon) versions are legit, with the others- who knows?
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote