SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-13, 10:17 AM   #916
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
I did not see it in our download section.
I'm not sure why. It's even pinned at the top.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2923
Old 01-22-13, 12:33 PM   #917
haz
A-ganger

Downloads: 1401
Uploads: 0

thank you am blind in my old age.lol and appologise for not seeing it
haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 01:41 PM   #918
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Not a problem. Old age hasn't made me blind. Stupid, forgetful and tired all the time, but not blind. Then again, I've been blind since I was ten, so...
Old 01-28-13, 08:17 AM   #919
machiavelli
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

How does sh3commander get the ship class sunk information? What file does it grab it from? Does it read the log file created in the sh3/data/cfg/careers/folder found in My Documents?
Old 01-28-13, 11:30 AM   #920
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli View Post
How does sh3commander get the ship class sunk information? What file does it grab it from? Does it read the log file created in the sh3/data/cfg/careers/folder found in My Documents?
No. It has its own folder which contains a file in the Cfg folder, called Ship Names. This contains all the ship classes and information.
Old 01-29-13, 03:03 AM   #921
machiavelli
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
No. It has its own folder which contains a file in the Cfg folder, called Ship Names. This contains all the ship classes and information.
I do understand that, but how does SH3 Commander read into what ships were sunk during the patrols?

What files are created for the patrols that output the ship classes sunk in SH3?

In essence, what I'm saying is.... where is the file created that creates the in-game captain's log? Where is that file created, during a patrol, and what is it called? This file, of course, would be created by SH3 and not SH3 Commander. It's the file that SH3 Commander reads.
Where is THAT file?

Thank you.
Old 01-29-13, 09:53 AM   #922
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
I do understand that, but how does SH3 Commander read into what ships were sunk during the patrols?

What files are created for the patrols that output the ship classes sunk in SH3?

In essence, what I'm saying is.... where is the file created that creates the in-game captain's log? Where is that file created, during a patrol, and what is it called? This file, of course, would be created by SH3 and not SH3 Commander. It's the file that SH3 Commander reads.
Where is THAT file?

Thank you.
Sorry, I misunderstood. In short, there isn't one. Commander does all that after the patrol is finished. The patrol report it generates appears in Commander, where you can also edit it yourself. After it's saved to Commander it will appear in SH3 when you reopen that career and look at the Patrol Log.
Old 01-29-13, 04:57 PM   #923
machiavelli
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Sorry, I misunderstood. In short, there isn't one. Commander does all that after the patrol is finished. The patrol report it generates appears in Commander, where you can also edit it yourself. After it's saved to Commander it will appear in SH3 when you reopen that career and look at the Patrol Log.
Are you certain the captain's log is not developed during a patrol, irregardless if SH3 Commander installed or not. I know the captain's log is available in-game in the stock game.

I think its created in the (Windows 7) Documents/SH3/data/cfg/Careers/(Name of Career)/Log_#.cfg file.

Is that correct?

Essentially, what I'm getting at is, if SH3 Commander can read that log file to add ship names to the class, cant a program be made to read that log file to delete entries out of the Campaign_SCR layer, making a "dynamic campaign"?
Old 02-18-13, 04:55 PM   #924
Rhurac
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
SHO no!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! not my refirgerator magnets! they all hit the floor! but seriously thank you very much for this awesome mod!

"Some ships are designed to sink… others require our assistance."
Rhurac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 05:06 PM   #925
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

SINK EM ALL!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 06:49 PM   #926
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Essentially, what I'm getting at is, if SH3 Commander can read that log file to add ship names to the class, cant a program be made to read that log file to delete entries out of the Campaign_SCR layer, making a "dynamic campaign"?
I have no idea. JScones is a professional programmer, and he did what he could. I know nothing about it. What I've told you is based on what he said in the past. Maybe it could be done, but it would probably involve rewriting the source code, which is highly illegal. All I know is what I've been told about how it works now, and that's the way I described it to you.
Old 02-18-13, 08:55 PM   #927
machiavelli
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I have no idea. JScones is a professional programmer, and he did what he could. I know nothing about it. What I've told you is based on what he said in the past. Maybe it could be done, but it would probably involve rewriting the source code, which is highly illegal. All I know is what I've been told about how it works now, and that's the way I described it to you.
I don't think it would be necessary to edit the exe. There is a way to launch a batch file in order to do the necessary tasks, while SH3 is running, i just don't know the coding language in order to make this happen.
Old 02-23-13, 08:36 AM   #928
uboot556
Gunner

Downloads: 283

HI !! is it possible that the campaigns generated with sf3 commander could crash??'i have GWX with the patch 1,6b
uboot556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 11:55 AM   #929
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
I don't think it would be necessary to edit the exe. There is a way to launch a batch file in order to do the necessary tasks, while SH3 is running, i just don't know the coding language in order to make this happen.
As I said, I don't know anything about it. Maybe someone who does will come along.
Old 02-23-13, 01:42 PM   #930
uboot556
Gunner

Downloads: 283

sorry but the mod SH5-Water for sh3 ultimate V10 16 km is compatible with sh3 commander??? i know that there is the option to change the water of the game and i belive that this mod is in conflicts with the same sh3 commader
uboot556 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 commander