SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-16, 12:22 PM   #1411
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim frambueso

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 10:43 PM   #1412
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427
Uploads: 0

Is the RA MOD still giving CTD?

I used to have that a lot...

I mean the latest version...
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 01:59 AM   #1413
HugoDR
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Icon12

hello guys, I was wondering if it is possible to change the displays of sonars broadband and narrowband in akula II improved in waterfall mode, similar to seawolf. I I like the old Gepard SSN 334 displays, similar to akulas II and I, and wanted to know if you have any difference in performance.
I know that in version 1.39 I could do this by simply copying the files of sonar from Akula II folder to the folder of the Akula II Imp., but in this version 1.40 it did not work.
Thanks for any help.
HugoDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 01:31 PM   #1414
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93

This CTDs whenever I try a sub mission either under Win7-32 or 64.
Old 07-07-16, 02:44 PM   #1415
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkShot View Post
This CTDs whenever I try a sub mission either under Win7-32 or 64.
Did the mod install properly? I have to run the batch file "as an administrator" or RA will not install properly for me. Also, I remember you mentioning LwAmi, are you trying to install this on top of LwAmi? There is a way to have both mods installed outlined in the RA readme, but I made a video for it if that's your thing:

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 08:45 PM   #1416
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93

It installed fine.

Running as admin.

Installed on clean 1.04 DW. Maybe it is my European Blackbean Edition. It think there is also BFC, SFI, and STEAM versions as well.

Just crashes at the end of launching any sub mission.

Actually, as your testing shows that the sensors are unchanged from stock, and there is little chance to play other platforms, I could just copy the doctrine directory. By doing so, I should pick up RA's AI enhancements. Which is what would be a greatest interest.
Old 07-21-16, 12:24 AM   #1417
Monkie
Watch

Downloads: 47

I'm having CTD issues with RA 1.40. Installed it over a fresh 1.04 install from Steam with Windows 10 (new rig). The problem is that it's not always a CTD. Sometimes after a fresh reboot I can get the missions to start fine. Other times I get CTD over and over.

The CTD does occur at the same point every time though, just as the mission loading bar is about to complete or is completely full.

I had 1.39 installed and working well on my old 8.1 Rig, never a CTD.

Hope it's something that can be tracked down and fixed.
Monkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 01:31 AM   #1418
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

@Monkie: I have also Win 10 and RA 1.40 and do not face such issues. Maybe you should post directly in the RedRogers forum and describe your CTD there. Probably there is also a log somewhere on your drive, which you could attach.
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 06:12 PM   #1419
Red_88
Sailor man

Downloads: 250
Uploads: 6
Default RA 1.41 now in debugging stage (coming soon?)

I was just visiting the red rodgers forums. I thought there would be no RA mod beyond 1.40, I am proven wrong. They are hard working toward version 1.41! It will add playable skipjack class sub and 093 shang class sub. Plus a huge load of improvements. Most interesting is that torpedo launch detection will depend on the torpedo speed and propulsion.
For the full list of changes and some screenshots checkout the red roger forum thread:
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...=4912&page=112

It always impress me how dedicated the RA Mod team is, considering that DW is not easy to mod, and DW also start to show its age...
Red_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-16, 07:27 AM   #1420
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_88 View Post
I was just visiting the red rodgers forums. I thought there would be no RA mod beyond 1.40, I am proven wrong. They are hard working toward version 1.41! It will add playable skipjack class sub and 093 shang class sub. Plus a huge load of improvements. Most interesting is that torpedo launch detection will depend on the torpedo speed and propulsion.
For the full list of changes and some screenshots checkout the red roger forum thread:
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...=4912&page=112

It always impress me how dedicated the RA Mod team is, considering that DW is not easy to mod, and DW also start to show its age...
"Chinese Navy: Updated" looks promising, too! I want more Chinese navy stuff.

I'm surprised they haven't gauged the waters for Patreon or some kind of crowd funding.

My videos:
Old 07-24-16, 08:25 PM   #1421
Monkie
Watch

I posted over at Red Rogers in regards to my W10 RA 1.4 CTD's, so far no reply but hopefully somebody might give me some direction in the future. I wasn't able to find a crash log in the DW directory either.

Very frustrating because one out of every 50 tries I can get a mission to start and it runs fine from there.

I have the original DW discs laying around somewhere, so maybe I can try a fresh install from those vs the steam version but I can't imagine that being the issue.

I've updated my video card drivers with no luck either.
Old 08-14-16, 01:51 PM   #1422
Monkie
Watch

Well I figured out what was causing the crashes, I was using ModeID 3 to try to use the best resolution and this is the issue. For some reason I can start using ModeID 1 or 2 with no issue, but 3 is buggy and causes random crashes at the start of the scenario.

I can deal with ModeID 2 resolution but would prefer 3. I have used ModeID 3 with my older Windows 8.1 Rig but for some reason Windows 10 doesn't want to play nice with my graphics card on this one.

Any suggestions on getting the higher resolution to work? Maybe a NVidia setting?

What makes it frustrating is that every once in awhile ModeID 3 works just fine. So close yet so far.
Old 08-19-16, 09:23 AM   #1423
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkie View Post
Well I figured out what was causing the crashes, I was using ModeID 3 to try to use the best resolution and this is the issue. For some reason I can start using ModeID 1 or 2 with no issue, but 3 is buggy and causes random crashes at the start of the scenario.

I can deal with ModeID 2 resolution but would prefer 3. I have used ModeID 3 with my older Windows 8.1 Rig but for some reason Windows 10 doesn't want to play nice with my graphics card on this one.

Any suggestions on getting the higher resolution to work? Maybe a NVidia setting?

What makes it frustrating is that every once in awhile ModeID 3 works just fine. So close yet so far.
What is ModeID 3 again? Is that 1280x1024? What is your monitor's resolution?

My videos:
Old 08-22-16, 04:46 AM   #1424
Monkie
Watch

I managed to get RA working pretty stable with ModeID 3 resolution by running DW in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3. Maybe that will help someone else in the future.
Old 10-12-16, 04:38 PM   #1425
cmdr.darksythe
Watch

Downloads: 9
Default Lower Ambient (Engine) Noise

I'm working on a patch to lower the ambient engine noise of your own ship when in the sonar, engine, weps, etc... rooms (not touching any other sounds).
I originally planned this just for myself, but if anyone else would like this patch (it helps greatly) and if it would be ok with the RA team I would be happy to release it for the public.

Again only if the RA team does not mind.
cmdr.darksythe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert