SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-28-18, 10:06 AM   #1
yyzBegonia
Gunner

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 1
Default IJN DD Skin Correction for FotRSU 0.71

With FOTRSU 0.71 released yesterday I finally finished the last piece of the puzzle!

It's quite a long time since I've reported the problem of IJN DD skins in FOTRSU. As we can see in historical pictures Japanese destroyers have their name painted on both sides of the hull in Katakana, unfortunately, the scripts on the hull in FOTRSU is totally wrong, for example:

"Dadaba"??

Therefore I decided to correct the scripts. However since I found that the 3D model of Hatsuharu in FOTRSU was incorrect so I decided to wait until the new beta released. Now with corrected Hatsuharu class DD I finally finish the job and post it on SUBSIM!

There are two version included, one semi-historical and one historical. Semi-historical version corrects the scratch-spelling Katakana ship names on sides of Japanese destroyers into an accurate appearance, includes a more historical font. So with semi-historical version you may be able to recognise what exactly the destroyer you encounter if you can read Japanese
I have increased the number of different ships (skin files) in a class, as showing below:

Akatsuki-class: Akatsuki(暁、あかつき), Hibiki(響、ひびき), Ikazuchi(雷、いかづち), Inazuma(電、いなづま)
Asashio-class: Asashio(朝潮、あさしほ), Michishio(満潮、みちしほ), Asagumo(朝雲、あさぐも), Yamagumo(山雲、やまぐも), Kasumi(霞、かすみ)
Fubuki-class: Fubuki(吹雪、ふぶき), Shirayuki(白雪、しらゆき), Hatsuyuki(初雪、はつゆき), Murakumo(叢雲、むらくも), Shirakumo(白雲、しらくも), Isonami(磯波、いそなみ), Uranami(浦波、うらなみ)
Fubuki II-class: Ayanami(綾波、あやなみ), Shikinami(敷波、しきなみ), Asagiri(朝霧、あさぎり), Amagiri(天霧、あまぎり), Akebono(曙、あけぼの), Sazanami(漣、さざなみ), Ushio(潮、うしほ)
Hatsuharu-class: Hatsuharu(初春、はつはる), Wakaba(若葉、わかば), Hatsushimo(初霜、はつしも), Yugure(夕暮、ゆふぐれ)
Kagero-class: Kagero(陽炎、かげろふ), Shiranui(不知火、しらぬひ), Kuroshio(黑潮、くろしほ), Yukikaze(雪風、ゆきかぜ), Urakaze(浦風、うらかぜ), Isokaze(磯風、いそかぜ), Nowaki(野分、のわき), Arashi(嵐、あらし), Maikaze(舞風、まひかぜ), Akigumo(秋雲、あきぐも)
Shimakaze-class (Mid & late war painting): Removed the side names
Shiratsuyu-class: Shiratsuyu(白露、しらつゆ), Shigure(時雨、しぐれ), Samidare(五月雨、さみだれ), Umikaze(海風、うみかぜ), Suzukaze(涼風、すずかぜ)
Yugumo-class(Mid & late war painting): Removed the side names

In-mod preview:

IJN Akatsuki

================================================== =============
However, historically, most of IJN destroyers removed their side names as well as all the other hull markings after the outbreak of Pacific War, like this:

Though some of them remained their side names until mid 1942 due to burdensome operations in the first half of the year, I decided to simply remove all markings on hull in the historical version.

Download:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5359

PLEASE NOTE: THIS MOD ONLY WORKS WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF FOTRSU!(Beta 0.71)

Hope you guys enjoy the skin!

Last edited by yyzBegonia; 05-28-18 at 10:17 AM.
yyzBegonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 01:27 AM   #2
Faith
Bosun

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 6
Icon14

Great job yyzBegonia!
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 02:24 AM   #3
Stefan Thimme
Gunner

Downloads: 842
Uploads: 1

Thank You very much, yyzBegonia!
Old 06-09-18, 06:51 PM   #4
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Love them.. Great work yyzBegonia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post

With FOTRSU 0.71 released yesterday I finally finished the last piece of the puzzle!

It's quite a long time since I've reported the problem of IJN DD skins in FOTRSU. As we can see in historical pictures Japanese destroyers have their name painted on both sides of the hull in Katakana, unfortunately, the scripts on the hull in FOTRSU is totally wrong, for example:

"Dadaba"??

Therefore I decided to correct the scripts. However since I found that the 3D model of Hatsuharu in FOTRSU was incorrect so I decided to wait until the new beta released. Now with corrected Hatsuharu class DD I finally finish the job and post it on SUBSIM!

There are two version included, one semi-historical and one historical. Semi-historical version corrects the scratch-spelling Katakana ship names on sides of Japanese destroyers into an accurate appearance, includes a more historical font. So with semi-historical version you may be able to recognise what exactly the destroyer you encounter if you can read Japanese
I have increased the number of different ships (skin files) in a class, as showing below:

Akatsuki-class: Akatsuki(暁、あかつき), Hibiki(響、ひびき), Ikazuchi(雷、いかづち), Inazuma(電、いなづま)
Asashio-class: Asashio(朝潮、あさしほ), Michishio(満潮、みちしほ), Asagumo(朝雲、あさぐも), Yamagumo(山雲、やまぐも), Kasumi(霞、かすみ)
Fubuki-class: Fubuki(吹雪、ふぶき), Shirayuki(白雪、しらゆき), Hatsuyuki(初雪、はつゆき), Murakumo(叢雲、むらくも), Shirakumo(白雲、しらくも), Isonami(磯波、いそなみ), Uranami(浦波、うらなみ)
Fubuki II-class: Ayanami(綾波、あやなみ), Shikinami(敷波、しきなみ), Asagiri(朝霧、あさぎり), Amagiri(天霧、あまぎり), Akebono(曙、あけぼの), Sazanami(漣、さざなみ), Ushio(潮、うしほ)
Hatsuharu-class: Hatsuharu(初春、はつはる), Wakaba(若葉、わかば), Hatsushimo(初霜、はつしも), Yugure(夕暮、ゆふぐれ)
Kagero-class: Kagero(陽炎、かげろふ), Shiranui(不知火、しらぬひ), Kuroshio(黑潮、くろしほ), Yukikaze(雪風、ゆきかぜ), Urakaze(浦風、うらかぜ), Isokaze(磯風、いそかぜ), Nowaki(野分、のわき), Arashi(嵐、あらし), Maikaze(舞風、まひかぜ), Akigumo(秋雲、あきぐも)
Shimakaze-class (Mid & late war painting): Removed the side names
Shiratsuyu-class: Shiratsuyu(白露、しらつゆ), Shigure(時雨、しぐれ), Samidare(五月雨、さみだれ), Umikaze(海風、うみかぜ), Suzukaze(涼風、すずかぜ)
Yugumo-class(Mid & late war painting): Removed the side names

In-mod preview:

IJN Akatsuki

================================================== =============
However, historically, most of IJN destroyers removed their side names as well as all the other hull markings after the outbreak of Pacific War, like this:

Though some of them remained their side names until mid 1942 due to burdensome operations in the first half of the year, I decided to simply remove all markings on hull in the historical version.

Download:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5359

PLEASE NOTE: THIS MOD ONLY WORKS WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF FOTRSU!(Beta 0.71)

Hope you guys enjoy the skin!