SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-13, 11:31 AM   #46
der_marc
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Hi,

thank you for your fast answer :-)

I will try to experiment with the numbers a little bit to get a good depth :-)

And i use CTRL + R for Continius Radar Sweep
der_marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 11:51 AM   #47
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_marc View Post
Hi,

thank you for your fast answer :-)

I will try to experiment with the numbers a little bit to get a good depth :-)

And i use CTRL + R for Continius Radar Sweep
I will update the script in some minutes with the radar feature. Stay tunned!
Old 04-06-13, 02:05 PM   #48
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3xsz0b1106r2bk9
( also adds the below line at the botton of your SH3_Script_v1.1.ini file - your Radar_continuous_sweep key command):
Radar_continuous_sweep=^{r}

usage:
- ALT+r will toggle the radar (continuous sweep) on/off for the script ( a beep will be listen: nl one=on, accute one=off). The default is off.

Notes:
- when script is reseted (Alt+Pause/break) it goes back to default (off)
- by stock sh3 limitation annimations/particles aren´t executed from a high TC. So if the radar have extensible antenna it will not be raised (antenna) in high TC, but the radar will be turnned on/off accordingly.
- the yesterday changes - scrit cruise speed - is also on this fix.

Have fun and let me know any issue.

EDIT: forgot to say that you need to add this line at the botton of your SH3_Script_v1.1.ini file (your Radar_continuous_sweep key command):
Radar_continuous_sweep=^{r}

Last edited by Rubini; 04-07-13 at 07:18 AM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 08:37 PM   #49
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783
Default Awesome Rubini!

Thanks for this Rubini. If I can throw some more ideas your way I will. I use Anvarts DFant flags and pennants and FM30 up/down. Will the radar addition mess with the commands for those? I will try the version with surface speed tomorrow and I will give you some feed back. Thanks again Rubini.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:36 PM   #50
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Thanks for this Rubini. If I can throw some more ideas your way I will. I use Anvarts DFant flags and pennants and FM30 up/down. Will the radar addition mess with the commands for those? I will try the version with surface speed tomorrow and I will give you some feed back. Thanks again Rubini.
Hi J0,
The SH3 LP script is full of surprises, a lot of things can be done with it, so let´s find more and more usefull ideas!

And as any feature of the script, it´s simple presence will not mess with anything in the game. We can use all or only one of its feature. Anyway, no, the radar feature will not mess with Anvarts mods (I also use them). We just need to be sure about the correct command to be used in the script to it works correctly. Think on the script as a complex and smart Macro, so, it will , in the end, just send key commands for the game. We can make complete (and complex) uboat routines with this tool. Just this.
Old 04-07-13, 05:57 AM   #51
der_marc
Swabbie

Hi,
i tested the radar feature and it works very well :-)

Old 04-07-13, 07:14 AM   #52
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_marc View Post
Hi,
i tested the radar feature and it works very well :-)

Thanks by the feedback der_marc!
Note that Sh3 (at least at my game) turns off the radar each time it goes submerge. What i made on the radar routine was to add a flag that if you choose to enable the radar on the routine it will then be called each time it goes surfaced again and again. If you choose to disable the feature, then the flag will sinalize to not more call it when surfaced. So, to it works ok, is necessary that your game disable the radar at once when submerged. I don´t know if the game make this action by default to all radars and uboat types. Hopes that so!
Old 04-07-13, 09:42 AM   #53
der_marc
Swabbie

Hi Rubini,

the game does that to all my tested (only two) subs (XXI, VII42) and
even to a normal sub in heavy weather when ever the sub shortly got washed over with water.
So your routine to regulary activate the radar is perfect for my play style.
When i get near the shores radar is off, but so the LPS

So thank you for your fast response!

And "Gute Jagd!"

Greetings
Marc
Old 04-07-13, 12:59 PM   #54
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Thanks

Love the concept. Great work.
Old 04-11-13, 12:56 AM   #55
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783
Default Workin good!

So far so good Rubini. The ahead one third works great for my long trips.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 01:44 PM   #56
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi Rubini,

would it be possible to create a script that just presses the left mouse button every x seconds for y in-game hours?

I'm asking because this would solve one annoying issue with all real-navigation mods: the helmsman does not hold course. By creating a fixed compass dial and using the script one could place the mouse pointer over the intended course and the script would give the course command every x second and thus, the u-boat would keep its course. This would be a great help for all players using real-navigation.

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 04:30 PM   #57
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Hi LGN1,

How are you mate?

Yes it´s easy to make it i guess . The script can send direct course orders from time to time, no need to do a mouse click. I never used the real navigation so I really don´t know exactly how it works. Anyhow, I cant recall well if it´s possible in Sh3 a direct course order ... anyway the script also can make mouse clicks but i also never tried it. When I return to my house I will look to the sh3 commands at first. Let´s talk about it.
Old 07-31-14, 05:33 AM   #58
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 266

Rubini please can you upload somewhere the original scripts? I like to do my own modification and don't want create whole scripts new.

BTW: You wrote, that you are not able set the depth.
IMHO there is a method (but it is depended on resolution and GUI) how to do it. Let's imagine, that we have original SH3 design with 1024*768 resolution.
You can click for depth on gauge in right bottom part of screen somewhere about 2 o'clock. And what happen depend on gauge switch. (i don't have game runing now, i get numbers from my memory, so maybe i don't remember it correctly, but you can see a way of my thinking) In one case it can mean depth about 17 meters and when switched to second gauge it means depth about 160 meters. Not perfect, but usable as "shallow mode" and "deep mode". (But switch for deep mode is sure dead for class II subs)
Just an idea, maybe you like it...
JeromeHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 06:19 AM   #59
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHeretic View Post
Rubini please can you upload somewhere the original scripts? I like to do my own modification and don't want create whole scripts new.

BTW: You wrote, that you are not able set the depth.
IMHO there is a method (but it is depended on resolution and GUI) how to do it. Let's imagine, that we have original SH3 design with 1024*768 resolution.
You can click for depth on gauge in right bottom part of screen somewhere about 2 o'clock. And what happen depend on gauge switch. (i don't have game runing now, i get numbers from my memory, so maybe i don't remember it correctly, but you can see a way of my thinking) In one case it can mean depth about 17 meters and when switched to second gauge it means depth about 160 meters. Not perfect, but usable as "shallow mode" and "deep mode". (But switch for deep mode is sure dead for class II subs)
Just an idea, maybe you like it...
That is how SH3Speech controls depth, heading, rudder and speed. Yes, it is resolution-dependent. But once you set it up for your screen rez, it is fast and much more precise and reproducible than mouse-and-eyeball. Have to have a 1-bit variable that keeps track of the state of each gauge (shallow/deep, etc.). Will Autohotkey scripts support that?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 07:08 AM   #60
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi Rubini,

...I'm asking because this would solve one annoying issue with all real-navigation mods: the helmsman does not hold course...

...This would be a great help for all players using real-navigation.

Regards, LGN1
Hi LGN1,

in my understanding of the game it´s the helmsman who takes care about the right course if you are ordering him a course by using the "set course" tool on the nav map. Having done this, the helmsman will correct the simulated offset caused by wind and waves and will keep the course.

If you use the compass to set course by yourself, it´ll be you who is responsible for the right course, and therefore you´ll have to compensate the offset by your own. So if you like to play with realistic settings, e.g. without automatic uboat position display (i.e. real navigation), you also have to play without time compression.

Consequently, you will have enough time to correct the course, although you will still have an offset, depending on the exactness of your corrections. The Atlantic is not a kindergarden

Greetings
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote