SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-17, 01:55 AM   #1
hulldmg
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Engine Sound Help

Hey!

I have been having the disappearing engine sound bug for couple of years now (using GWX). After reading almost every topic regarding SH3 sound issues and trying bunch of different fixes, I have learned to live with the problem. Now, after a year break from SH3, coming back to my 3 year career, I figured I would give this problem one last try.

So instead of trying to troubleshoot this issue again with specs, drivers, sound settings, etc, etc... I think, I figured out my issue and could use a helping hand.

I downloaded custom engine sounds from subsim.
The mod contained:
Submarine_diesel_exterior.wav and Submarine_diesel_underwater.wav

I replaced the original ones at C:\Games\SilentHunterIII\data\Sound and voila, no more sound problems. Engine sounds didn't disappear when pausing the game and when the conning tower went underwater at high winds.

Thing is, I want the original engine sounds (I like them more than the custom ones). So I'm asking a bit of help here, could somebody please upload original GWX version of Submarine_diesel_exterior and Submarine_diesel_underwater files that are located at C:\Games\SilentHunterIII\data\Sound.

I think my files are messed up for some reason (maybe related to GWX install, since I downloaded it from the main site years ago now)
I ask this favour because re-installing SH3 and GWX at this point is real pain with all the mods, tweaks and with my 3 year campaign still going strong.

Hopefully somebody here can help me out.
Thank you!
hulldmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 03:00 AM   #2
hulldmg
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Update!

Nevermind, I kinda got the problem fixed with mixing and matching different sound files from different mods.

Cheers to the modders!
hulldmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 09:34 PM   #3
Dave Kay
Gunner

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulldmg View Post
Update!

Nevermind, I kinda got the problem fixed with mixing and matching different sound files from different mods.

Cheers to the modders!
I am now having engine sound probs too only mine are a loud juddering sound no matter where i am on the U-boat.

Can you post more info on which sound files you mixed and matched? My problem may be corrupt files too.
Dave Kay is offline   Reply With Quote