SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-14, 08:31 AM   #76
kurfürst
Chief

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

Horrido Wise,
I repeat myself; your work is simply outstanding!
Your new type VII will be a fantastic addition to the game
and will give a total new ambience!
Thank you for making this all possible, Maestro!

Last edited by kurfürst; 11-10-14 at 09:56 AM.
kurfürst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 01:43 PM   #77
Wise
Engineer

Downloads: 5

@Fahnenbohn
Thanks for the hint, but this method of gloss doesn't suit us. "Metal" looks absolutely unnaturally. After completion of work you will be able to download mod and to make such gloss personally for yourself. Concerning doors of torpedo tubes … this question belongs to animation. Unfortunately, we aren't engaged in settings of animations.

@ Wolfstriked
At your request:

@ kurfürst
Salute, my friend! Thanks!

@Alex
I thank you for trust. And once again, thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee correction of a mistake of the Ubisoft developers. The matter is that, for available in game, dimensions of cannon , animation of artillery calculation is corrected. After change of dimensions there can be errors of compliance of animation. We can move a few gunners, but we aren't able to change animation. At present we don't know that will turn out as a result. Nevertheless, we will resolve somehow this issue. Perhaps,we will be forced to sacrifice adequate animation to please to the real sizes of the cannon. Possibly, there is no other way out. Or, to leave everything as is. At present I am inclined to the decision to sacrifice animation. It seems to me that for the general visual perception of the boat, its real dimensions it is more important, than, for example, the gunner's hand which holds air, or fall into details of cannon, inside.)
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 05:53 PM   #78
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Horrido!!!Great detail with tons of stuff I have never seen modeled yet and great texture look to it all.And the rudder indicator is at different ranges in varying pics so I assume its working which is just icing on the cake.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 01:23 PM   #79
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post

@Alex
I thank you for trust. And once again, thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee correction of a mistake of the Ubisoft developers. The matter is that, for available in game, dimensions of cannon , animation of artillery calculation is corrected. After change of dimensions there can be errors of compliance of animation. We can move a few gunners, but we aren't able to change animation. At present we don't know that will turn out as a result. Nevertheless, we will resolve somehow this issue. Perhaps,we will be forced to sacrifice adequate animation to please to the real sizes of the cannon. Possibly, there is no other way out. Or, to leave everything as is. At present I am inclined to the decision to sacrifice animation. It seems to me that for the general visual perception of the boat, its real dimensions it is more important, than, for example, the gunner's hand which holds air, or fall into details of cannon, inside.)
i can't wait getting the files for this amazing boat you are preparing here Wise . it is absolutely fantastic piece of art !

about the deck gun: it was a very nice deck gun designed by Testpilot (i think it is the best so far released) some time ago. i don't know if it is correct at its dimensions but ,surely, it was very nicer than the stock.
i am thinking that , in case that you will not work on the deck gun, why not to ask permissions from Testpilot to use his deck gun on your release ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 02:18 PM   #80
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137

Hi Wise,

Have you an update on your progress of this much awaited mod, please? Really looking forward to it's release.

Regards,

MLF
Old 12-15-14, 08:48 AM   #81
Wise
Engineer

Hi MLF,
Hi, everybody.
I apologize, but, it is necessary to wait some time. Progress is, but, small. Catastrophically there is no free time. Besides, in the latest works (VIIB-40 and VIIC-40) errors of discrepancy of reality were found. I was compelled to correct them. The following options are at the moment ready:

VIIB-vorkriegs

VIIB-1938

VIIB-1939

VIIB-1940

VIIB-1942-43

VIIC-40 Standard

VIIC-40 Analouge U-96

I apologize, screenshots from the program S3D, I at present do not have time, to go to the game with each u-boot.
Ahead work on options is necessary:
VIIC-1942-43
VIIC-1944
VIIC\41
This work will be slightly more difficult because, demands creation of a set of new elements which aren't present in ready options.
Maybe, later, I'll find time, to gather and provide you with a temporary mod (figuratively speaking, for testing) which will include ready-made options.
Best regards, Alex
Old 12-15-14, 11:53 AM   #82
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Beautiful and brilliant!
Old 12-15-14, 12:03 PM   #83
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137

Ah time - never, ever enough of it These models look stunning, Wise. Such attention to detail.
Old 12-15-14, 03:02 PM   #84
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@Wise (Alex)

A question, is it possible that people will ever stop marvelling at your glorious work ??............. I think not! Stunningly beautiful pieces yet again, take all the time you need my friend. After all Rome wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 11:30 AM   #85
Taifun206
Watch

@ wise
where can i download these great Skins ??

regards
Taifun
Taifun206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 12:34 PM   #86
Wise
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taifun206 View Post
@ wise
where can i download these great Skins ??
About what skins you speak? There are no skins and loadings too isn't present. On screenshots I showed work progress. As soon as there are loadings, I will update the first post.
Old 12-30-14, 03:16 PM   #87
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi Wise,

I figured out how you can easily disable the ducking down of the crew when attacked. Please let me know if you want to use this to move the crew inside of the conning tower (all clippings will not be avoided but the most problematic parts will be solved).

Regards, LGN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
@LGN1

Your thought very competent. I too consider that crew during a storm on a winter garden, it is abnormal. BUT... I didn't speak yet about a problem which in any way not to avoid. The matter is that I try to do everything according to the historical sizes. In this regard, turms now the narrower, than in a stock.

It already led to annoying misunderstanding:

Height of the turm-3.55 m. At detection of the boat in a surfaced state the crew squats. As a result, the look of the seaman rests against a turm wall. And also, the back part of his trunk crashes into a hatch cover. Because, turm narrow. The hatch and other units can't be moved. They are located on historical places. For this reason not to place crew during the storm (POSR) within the bridge. There is no place. Otherwise, seamen will crash into everything all parts of a body. And not only during knee-bends, but also in the usual mode. In reality, submariners on the bridge it was very closely. In the movements, they are constantly rubbed backs and other parts of a body about walls of the bridge and devices located on the bridge. In game not to recreate similar animation of characters. Thus, eliminating one absurd, we will create another. In both cases it will be bad. And it is unclear which is worse.
In models from Ubisoft such misunderstanding aren't present. But thus, their models don't correspond to real prototypes at all.
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-14, 07:43 AM   #88
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Wow, simply amazing work
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 01:29 AM   #89
Wise
Engineer

Hi, LGN1,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
I figured out how you can easily disable the ducking down of the crew when attacked. Please let me know if you want to use this to move the crew inside of the conning tower (all clippings will not be avoided but the most problematic parts will be solved).
Thanks for your offer.... You are sure, what disable "without serious consequences" for any other nuances of game?
It, undoubtedly, would be quite good... but,as always.. only on the one hand. On the other hand, it seems to me, it will be bad, when, for example... the plane, attack against to the boat, machine gun fire, the falling bombs, blast wave... and the team continues to stand, as statues, motionless as if, there is no attack of the opponent. I think, On Earth, there are no living beings, having such iron nerves.
However, I will be grateful to you if you tell me this way. I will think.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
I wish all a Happy New Year!
Old 01-29-15, 02:43 PM   #90
uboot556
Gunner

Downloads: 283

Amazing work!!! How many time we have to wait for this mod????
uboot556 is offline   Reply With Quote