SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-17, 06:49 PM   #16
Schnee
Engineer

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I'm guessing its v 1.5
Schnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 07:33 PM   #17
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

This is the thing about this "Reply" stuff, in that it all falls below the line of vision, and hence out of the perspective of the mind... Looking back, you mention "when I play the German side", which does indeed mean that you have v1.5. Just call me Dum-Dum (I don't get no gum-gum though)...

Battle Stations usually will have a little icon up in the upper right, like Silent Running does, or even just being underwater. Go ahead and try to go to Battle Stations, and see what happens. You might get a similar "Cannot Comply".

Look on the crew screen, the part showing the whole boat crew. Do all of the crew sections of your boat have a Green Bar on the left side of their little "box" area? As you click on each individual crew member, look at their info box below, and see what their "Fatigue" percentage is. That should be "zero" when first starting out. The "Health" should be 100%.

If you do not have any career stuff going yet, 'navigate' your windows Explorer (My Computer / This Computer / whatever) to the User \ YourName \ My Documents \ SH4 folder (this weird Win8 machine I'm on right now has the Library stuff, and Documents in it takes me right to the main My Documents). Delete the Data folder below the SH4 folder (NOT the game Data folder, the My Documents \ SH4 \ Data folder). That is the Save folder. Now re-start the game, re-set your video, sound and game-play settings to what you want, and see what it does. The game gets all of its settings from that folder, and if something bad went in, it stays...

The next question, if this fails, is what "folder" do you have SH4 installed in? If you used the "default" set-up that the install routine uses, you ended up in C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Silent Hunter... etc. This might be part of the issue. We'll see what deleting the Save folder as above does though first...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 12:52 PM   #18
Schnee
Engineer

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Yes I remember the little Icons in upper right hand screena nd Battel Staions is not active. When I pull it up again I'll try setting it to BS and moving to see if again I get a cannot comply.

I'll recheck the crew again but from what I saw all of their green bars were pretty solid / minimum fatigue.

And as a last resort I will go in and delete the Save folder and start from scratch.
Schnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 03:55 PM   #19
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

That "Save" folder stays with you, even after a re-install, unless you specifically go empty it, so any pollution from before definitely has a chance to cross-contaminate your new install...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote