Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-13, 04:38 AM   #1441
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0
Default @ StUpIdZoMbIe & Hagendasz

Firstly;
Before doing anything more drastic - just to check that the JSGME isn't corrupted please read this How to Fix Mod Soup Issue by Webster closely and follow it.
One thing to point out is that when you move your mods from the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder to the desktop (or wherever on your HD you like to keep them) this means the mods ONLY, NOT the !BACKUP and !INSTLOGS folders and the 'JSGME.ini' file.

Secondly;
The specs seem to be alright but after some reading on the net I can see that there are some people getting issues caused by the GPU nvidia geforce 555m.
And - just like many mates around here in the forum you could try the d3d Antilag, if you not yet haven't, just to ease the stress on the CPU. Make sure you read the enclosed ' readme.txt.txt' file as this is NOT an ordinary mod!! In the 'antilag.cfg' (open with notepad) set it at RenderAheadLimit=2 and
FPSlimit=36. Save it to the same place and make sure you save it as a .cfg file. I say this because when you save this the default is .txt file! Choose file format 'All files' and check after saving check the file still is named 'antilag.cfg'. Nothing else.

If these issues still occur after doing this I'd say it's likely that this happens because of a corrupt install. So, my suggestion is to make a complete reinstall of SH5.

Before uninstalling;

Make a copy of your 'C:\Users\'user account's name'\Documents\SH5 folder.
This is where all saves, personal settings and game progress are stored. After the reinstall - put this copy back to the same place (in the Documents folder) and let overwrite.

After the uninstall;
1. Delete all folders in the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5 folder! If possible make a scan with
CCleaner to make sure there are no leftovers.
2. Reinstall SH5
3. Run SH5 at least once just to make sure the game gets patched to v1.2.0.
Should happen automatically but if it doesn't - run the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe
4. Download a new JSGME
5. Put the 'jsgme_setup_v2.3.1.exe' into the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder and run it. During this first run the JSGME should ask you if you'd like to create a MODS folder - answer Yes.
This new MODS folder must be in the the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5 folder like this
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS.

Ready to go.
Put your mods back into the new MODS folder and remember to check that your mods do have this structure; 'mod's name'\data. Nothing more and nothing less.
Some mods come with an 'extra' folder named 'Documentation'. These contain some info on the mod and shouldn't have any effect on the mod.
I myself always take it away before dropping a mod into the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder,
just to be sure.

If nothing of this helps we have to look for some other solution. Please come back and tell me what has happened.
And - when/if testing with any mods activated in the JSGME - please tell me about the load order in your mod list.

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 05:58 AM   #1442
Hagendasz
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Thanks a lot for your info!

I´ll try tonight and see what happens.

Yesterday I tried (again) the nvidia drivers 296.10 and reducing all shadows, AA, and setting the water on poor quality works fine , expect when you look underwater, where the squares appear again :P
I´ll try the file you tell me, as the pc is indeed stressed with the game each time I try to play.
Hagendasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 09:51 AM   #1443
Hagendasz
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Tried the antilag and the game visually works the same (still the squares) but the computer doesn´t suffer that much than before.
At last I can play it! Thanks a lot!

Hagendasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 01:11 PM   #1444
StUpIdZoMbIe
Swabbie

Downloads: 51

one thing i forgot to mention i use the steam version of the game
StUpIdZoMbIe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-13, 05:06 PM   #1445
Rokko
Seaman

Downloads: 60

I tried searching for this but found nothing (which I can't imagine, I believe this sometimes happened in SH3 as well). Sometimes when I surface (bad weather might be the reason) no watch crew appears on the conning tower and there's no way I can get them there. I don't know if I am blind because of that or if it's just a visual issue and I sure don't want to find out.
So is this "normal" in this game or is there some sort of fix for it?

Oh yeah I obviously use a modded version. Sobers mega mod + the .exe fixes
Rokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-13, 06:04 PM   #1446
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokko View Post
Sometimes when I surface (bad weather might be the reason) no watch crew appears on the conning tower and there's no way I can get them there.
So is this "normal" in this game or is there some sort of fix for it?
Welcome aboard Rokko!

save/load should help you

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-13, 06:56 PM   #1447
Rokko
Seaman

Downloads: 60

*sigh*
alright I see. Thanks. They really should make this game open source, there are obviously enough people who could and would do alot good to this game that way.

Another thing: I'm sitting at 80m with engines stopped (of course, the watch crew is now there) and yet I'm getting pushed South (heading 000) with 4-5 kn!
A day earlier I was getting pushed North with the same speed. There is a storm on the surface but I would think at 80m that couldn't touch me.
Are there underwater currents in the game? I don't think I've ever heard of an underwater current East of Bornholm that changes direction every 12 hours so what is this? Another bug or a feature?
Rokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 04:14 AM   #1448
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Default CTD with UZO at close range

Redirected this question from the main SH5 Forum.

The fog is annoying me to a point that I now have adopted the tactic of Stalking ships in Med Fog from behind. When I get in their wake at close range (say less than 500 meters), I'll switch to the UZO for a surface Torp shot. Sometimes it crashes the game back to windows with not freezes or anything like that. Maybe SH5 is punishing me for not using normal tactics...tho I would have no problem beaming them at close range for the same effect. haha

Anyone experience this CTD? I've searched a bit and can't seem to find a thread on it. My Mod list below.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 DarkerNights V2.1
sobers best ever fog V20 SH5
No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Speech fixes and additions (german version)
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_Real_Navigation
IRAI_0_0_37_ByTheDarkWraith
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_New_radio_messages_German
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
sobers no footstep sound mod
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
OH II Minefield map for TDWs Ui
SH5 Longer Repairs v.1_Stock
The Wolves of Steel 1.06 Update 05c
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 04:16 AM   #1449
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Additionally, is there a general listing of all the BUGs SH5 has in Stock/1.2? So I can read down a list of things that are still known bugs? Would be nice not to have to search out this stuff in the threads.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 05:44 AM   #1450
raver5003
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

Hi,
just downloaded SH5, but found that i can't start it up, the opening video runs, no sound and it only takes up like a quarter of the screen with my desktop background in the rest. Also there is no tab in the task bar & it doesn't show up on the task manager and i cannot interact with it.
any idas please? i'm excited to play this game
raver5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 06:35 AM   #1451
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by raver5003 View Post
Hi,
just downloaded SH5, but found that i can't start it up, the opening video runs, no sound and it only takes up like a quarter of the screen with my desktop background in the rest. Also there is no tab in the task bar & it doesn't show up on the task manager and i cannot interact with it.
any idas please? i'm excited to play this game
Where did you download it from ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 06:58 AM   #1452
raver5003
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

i DL'd it from steam - i know my computer can handle it - its cost me £1500 to build. I'm so gutted as i saw vids of manual torpedo firing and thought 'thats the game for me' - then it didn't work
raver5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 01:01 PM   #1453
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by raver5003 View Post
... then it didn't work

Welcome to the best of forums!
Don't be alarmed
, we'll get you up and running.
First I'd like to know if you're sure your DL is OK? and
You say it won't run as expected - do you launch it with or without any mods?
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 11:23 AM   #1454
Col Frost69
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Default Noob problems...

Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance. I have spent many fine hours indulging in GWX Gold on SH3 and have just got round to installing SH5.
I have managed to get the game going, but the only way I can steer the boat is to hit the delete (.) key on the keypad . What i want is to bring up the icons for different crew members as in SH3, but I have no idea how to do this. When I access the map by hitting M, I can't plot a course either. I've tried every combination of trying to select the u-boat with left and right clicks and then clicking on my desired first waypoint, but nothing happens. I would also love to get the radio operator to play a grampohone, but am stumped as how I do this either without the crew icons...
I've tried watching the tutorial videos, but to no avail, any help thankfully received.
Col Frost69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 12:38 PM   #1455
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Frost69 View Post
Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance. I have spent many fine hours indulging in GWX Gold on SH3 and have just got round to installing SH5.
I have managed to get the game going, but the only way I can steer the boat is to hit the delete (.) key on the keypad . What i want is to bring up the icons for different crew members as in SH3, but I have no idea how to do this. When I access the map by hitting M, I can't plot a course either. I've tried every combination of trying to select the u-boat with left and right clicks and then clicking on my desired first waypoint, but nothing happens. I would also love to get the radio operator to play a grampohone, but am stumped as how I do this either without the crew icons...
I've tried watching the tutorial videos, but to no avail, any help thankfully received.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote