SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-12, 11:02 PM   #46
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

It is not ready to be an update yet, so much to do to it, I don't know if it will ever be all done but the list I would like to do up down rotating rdf antenna with the correct opening for it to go in, up down auxillery antenna tied in with the rdf ( SHIFT V ) the correct amount of vents on the bow my skin for U-2332 has 4 vents each side instead of one. A new UZO ( not visible underwater ) and of course reworking the interior. I may need help later if time does not allow for me to finish I will start a WIP as soon as the more difficult upgrades are progressing.
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 01:28 PM   #47
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post

...I will start a WIP as soon as the more difficult upgrades are progressing.
Yes please!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 06:03 PM   #48
U-SERB
Sailor man

Downloads: 97

Any news of upgrading mod for XXIII?

I just play XXIII mod... Awesome boat... Sweet, little and deadly toys!
U-SERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-12, 10:21 AM   #49
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Should I use with this mod (playable XXIII) the GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas mod too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
No problem or conflicts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
This is not true jimbuna:

What is the conclusion? Should I use this mod playable XXIII with the GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas mod or without for realistic gameplay?

For mikey117us: Any news about your little upgrading mod for jimbuna´s famous XXIII mod?

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 10-15-12 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-30-12, 01:22 PM   #50
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Any news about upgrade mod for XXIII Mikey117us?
Old 10-04-17, 06:01 AM   #51
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Any news about upgrade mod for XXIII Mikey117us?
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 05:05 PM   #52
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162

Inundated by projects! However Typ XXIII 3D work I started new "holes" on turm top and sides for water inlets, Cut out for Radio Antenna R/DF for Up Down Rotation, auxillery Antennas pulled from m turm for up down via CTRL + A, new Navigation Light Boxes inset into turm, new UZO Mount, updated Antenna Wires, handrails removed for combat ready, streamlining, possible reinstating if combined with Ace's Crew on deck in harbor only, crew on deck plus handrail. At sea hidden. New Fore Starboard and Port Water inlets for the fore Free Cell. Waterstreams based on Film of U-2326 via Pathe Newsreels of a type XXIII underway, Triple Exhaust on Port Side with a waterinteraction -1.0 meters so exhaust is visible underwater and above. Note:the Type XXIII swims like a dolphin on the surface in the films, water streams out at the bow inlets, at the 3 meter hull extension, from the folded wooden gang plate, and from all the lower turm inlets, also have a turm flag in mind that brings a flag pole with it, and when lowered leaves the clean underwater profile. Interior work:Postabyke had started a revized Type II interior based on the torpedo room type II mod, carefully examining plans I could convert it for the type XXIII by, moving the captains bed and the galley fore of the control room bulkhead, reducing the bunks, eliminating torpedo reloads, eliminating the center torpedo tube, placing between the tubes a Conning tower TDC repeater for the 1st officer. In the Control Room move the "Mother Compass" to the Port side under the Navigation Foldout Table. Fixing the Radio/Sonar room in the Cintrol room by adding electronics, Radar Warning, Radios, and making the Sonar station work, the Starboard side would consist of offsetting the diving gauges only, and change the colors to black faces with white numbers. The compressor is on the port side aft of the diesel room bulkhead which would be too far away by moving the galley/captains bed and would be shortened, the dieselroom postalbyke built would have the starboard diesel removed, a single E-Motor, and a V-Belt driven Silent Motor, starboard across from the diesel are the Oxygen Bottles remived from the Port side control room, the only other item in the stern is the Water Closet. This would
Be a secondary project, as I am no Flakmonkey with the lightmaps, textures, etc. in interiors. As time allows me to get caught up in the real world I will boit up my computer and mod!
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 05:35 AM   #53
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote