SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-09, 09:55 PM   #1
clayp
The Old Man

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 0
Is it possible

To change stuff in SH4,RFB campaign files like more jap targets etc and if so maybe where I can find some tips on doing this......

clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 10:58 AM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well instead of tips how about a campaign editing tool?

[REL] Automated Campaign Editor v0.4

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ampaign+editor

when you get to sourceforge.net the orange banner has the link to click to start the download
Old 05-03-09, 11:22 AM   #3
clayp
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
well instead of tips how about a campaign editing tool?

[REL] Automated Campaign Editor v0.4

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ampaign+editor

when you get to sourceforge.net the orange banner has the link to click to start the download
Thanks buddy......

Old 05-03-09, 11:31 AM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

RFB and TMO are mostly used with RSRDC so is that what you meant?

its the same method no matter what so use winmerge to open RSRDC files next to stock files to see where he changed things and the random stuff will have settings for group size and how often they appear.

you can see what he "undid" from the stock numbers and try something in between.

its the best way to keep as much of the historic traffic as you can but its a hell of a lot of work that way.
Old 05-03-09, 12:02 PM   #5
clayp
The Old Man

Quote:
RFB and TMO are mostly used with RSRDC so is that what you meant?

its the same method no matter what so use winmerge to open RSRDC files next to stock files to see where he changed things and the random stuff will have settings for group size and how often they appear.

you can see what he "undid" from the stock numbers and try something in between.

its the best way to keep as much of the historic traffic as you can but its a hell of a lot of work that way.
Hey bud I dont have RSRDC at least not as far as I know....

Old 05-03-09, 04:22 PM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

RSRDC is just a campaign mod that makes ships follow history better for realism which results in fewer seen in the game but it will let you go to a time and place you know a battle will be and be part of it.

its just campaign changes so its not changing TMO or RFB but just how and where you see the ships and planes.

if you like realism its good to use but if you like lots of shooting action it may not be to your liking.
Old 05-03-09, 05:28 PM   #7
clayp
The Old Man

Well buddy I was just on a campaign in 1942 and was dispatched to the Mariana IS and rode around for a week and never got to fire a shot.I guess there is a few reasons,I still cant plot an intercept course to targets for one...I dint think I'm using the radar right,I'm trying to use MR Nisgeis's radar mods and neither one will work..So I thought that if I could add some more japs into the game I would run into some....That batch editor looks really danuting.....

Old 05-03-09, 08:27 PM   #8
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yep, i scratched my head a bit too looking at those instructions but im told its like s3d, confusing at first but as you do it it starts make a lot more sense to you.

if you go to the assigned patrol area you just wait out the time limit to get that check then leave and go to the formosa phillipine area to get your tonnage quota to complete the objective. the game just wants tonnage it doesnt matter where in most cases.

the trouble you have is you want more ships but im guessing not as many as stock had right?

well the best solution is to use the great work done by rsrdc and just mod IT to your liking by adding ships in those dead spots your talking about but i really think you should try rsrdc first.

he did an excellent job and redid "everything" from begining to end so you wont get those "go patrol the dead zone" missions and as i said you can read about a battle and be there waiting for it so its very very good that way but IMO its a little "note i said little" too skimpy on ships for my liking. you will have to remember where the shipping lanes are because thats the main place you find ships and you can never say never but it is a surprise if you see a ship running around where it doesnt belong.
Old 05-03-09, 08:32 PM   #9
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

you know keltos has been working on that japanese campaign for a while so maybe he can give you some tips on easy ways to spice up rsrdc a little for you.
Old 05-03-09, 09:18 PM   #10
clayp
The Old Man

Quote:
yep, i scratched my head a bit too looking at those instructions but im told its like s3d, confusing at first but as you do it it starts make a lot more sense to you.

if you go to the assigned patrol area you just wait out the time limit to get that check then leave and go to the formosa phillipine area to get your tonnage quota to complete the objective. the game just wants tonnage it doesnt matter where in most cases.

the trouble you have is you want more ships but im guessing not as many as stock had right?

well the best solution is to use the great work done by rsrdc and just mod IT to your liking by adding ships in those dead spots your talking about but i really think you should try rsrdc first.

he did an excellent job and redid "everything" from begining to end so you wont get those "go patrol the dead zone" missions and as i said you can read about a battle and be there waiting for it so its very very good that way but IMO its a little "note i said little" too skimpy on ships for my liking. you will have to remember where the shipping lanes are because thats the main place you find ships and you can never say never but it is a surprise if you see a ship running around where it doesnt belong.
Ok bud I'll look around for RSRD for 1.4..I think I tried to use it before and it wasnt compatable with my other mods..I'll try...

Edit did a search and found a listing for all the RSRD but cant understand it or a version that says its for 1.4.Also I'm not feeling well later.Thanks for the help...

Last edited by clayp; 05-03-09 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-05-09, 03:10 PM   #11
XonE:32
Bosun

Downloads: 48

If your running RFB latest there's a new version of RSRD. The files have changed a bit, but this mission to the Marianas can as you've mentioned be a quiet one... unless you're lucky.

If you're in the right place at the right time. SW corner of your patrol zone in the middle of Feb. 42 you may run into this (below). I did while it was between waypoint 6-7. I haven't had that mission for a while as my current campaign doesn't start from Pearl so I don't know the current parameters of it, but it looks like the makeup of the Task Force has changed a bit from what I recall.

It's still a juicy target though.

SPOILER:

Old 05-05-09, 03:55 PM   #12
clayp
The Old Man

Thank you 32.....

Old 05-05-09, 05:13 PM   #13
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

From what I've read on this thread, I see 3 members collaborating to makeing a really kool NEW campain.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-09, 06:36 PM   #14
XonE:32
Bosun

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
From what I've read on this thread, I see 3 members collaborating to makeing a really kool NEW campain.
I'm not sure so correct me if I'm wrong Firewall, but if you're referring at all to me I was just pointing out the very cool opportunity you might run into if you happen to have that mission to patrol the Marianas in Feb '42 while running RFB with RSDC on top of it. I would imagine that task force is probably there even if you're just using RSRD by itself over stock 1.5 or on top of TMO. But I use it over RFB 1.52.

My point is that the pic above is from the Run Silent Run Deep (RSRD) campaign mod. It's a very sweet addon, but I had nothing to do with it's creation.

I do love it though.
Old 05-05-09, 07:22 PM   #15
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

I always like another's prospective on a campain.

Simple.... something New.

I'm sure there's new talent out there.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote