SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-20-08, 01:53 PM   #16
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramtyr
well crap.

Know how to increase warships' and coastal guns' nighttime detection/engagement range? i need it to about 6000 yards/meters nightime, fair conditions.

i'm still pretty sure they engage each other. all my tests have been in on Wake Island with its oversized harbor facilities... so there is still a chance the warships at sea are engaging the harbored ships in the lagoon.
You could try the Data\cfg folder for the Sim.cfg file that may give you what you need, I don't know if it will affect coastal gus. There is a [Visual] Light factor setting???????
I don't know for sure, I have had trouble finding stuff in this mess. There are so many things the game doesn't even use and so much duplication of files it is crazy!!

Good luck

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 12:11 PM   #17
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

in the data/ land folder you will find the coastal guns, i cant remember which one but the sim or zon file will have the range for the gun. it wont fire if target is out of range. i dont think anyone has ever checked to see if the guns were set at the correct ranges so i suggest you have a look, you may have a mod fix there.
Old 08-28-08, 06:52 PM   #18
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
in the data/ land folder you will find the coastal guns, i cant remember which one but the sim or zon file will have the range for the gun. it wont fire if target is out of range. i dont think anyone has ever checked to see if the guns were set at the correct ranges so i suggest you have a look, you may have a mod fix there.
One of the probelms is the AA platforms. In the Land folder and in the Mission Editor they list four guns and you select from a dropdown list. But of the four guns listed only one actually exists in gunsradar.dat, the 2pdrQuadruple and it doesn't work worth a hoot. The other guns don't even exist and when you use them and place a platform it is empty.
I tried putting in some other 'similar' style guns (AA) and they didn't work. Didn't even appear and one crashed the game.

Thank you for the info on the range setting. I was thinking it might be in sensor settings, but I think it makes more sense to check the range first..

Peabody

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 09-01-08, 01:19 AM   #19
Bramtyr
Sailor man

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Cool! I'll have to look into it-- I haven't been able to touch SH4 in the past week as i need to reinstall it after a full windows reinstall... and PAX was this weekend. But yeah, a a land units fix mod would be neat for SH4...

I'm curious how one would go about fixing the small coastal battery (so its a 3-inch gun, or Japanese equivalent) to appear properly and function, along with getting anti-air to work
Bramtyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-08, 10:45 AM   #20
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramtyr
Cool! I'll have to look into it-- I haven't been able to touch SH4 in the past week as i need to reinstall it after a full windows reinstall... and PAX was this weekend. But yeah, a a land units fix mod would be neat for SH4...

I'm curious how one would go about fixing the small coastal battery (so its a 3-inch gun, or Japanese equivalent) to appear properly and function, along with getting anti-air to work
I tried a couple of other guns for the missing AA and they didn't work. The one I mentioned above is still the only one that will work. We could adjust the range and the reload times and include for the AA. The coastal bunkers only use 3"? that won't hurt anything more than a Sampan.
Peabody