Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-10, 11:50 AM   #34
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi Frinik,

Good to hear from you, too. I already have the old King-Tiger mod. I just forgot what it was called and thought that "Tiger 1.0" stood for some kind of update to "Tiger 0.98".
Anyway, I simply installed Shockwave's Tiger-I Enhancement Pack over what I already had and it works just fine. Yesterday, I was able to play my mission 4 from that pack and it was quite interesteing to see te Tiger in its new, 1943-and-onward liveree. Perhaps, the attacking Soviet tankers were surprised, too and couldn't see me; because usually, they get me toward the end of the mission, but this time they didn't and I knocked out 14 of their tanks.
I really like the new paint scheme. Great job, Shockwave! The sounds of the engine and the MG42 are now different, too. As a little kid, in the early 80s, at an open house on military base in Southern Germany, I fired a Bundeswehr-MG once. I believe that this weapon was based on the old MG42. I only got to fire a burst of five rounds (blanks), but they zipped through in no time at all. If I remember correctly, it sound like a really fast sewing machine, or like ripping cardboard paper.

I really hope that Shockwave's mod will work with Steel Panzer mod 1.5 without conflict. By the way, pardon my ignorance, but why is (Soviet? Former-Soviet?) Tanker's day on September 12?

S!

FW
Friedrich-Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote