SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-15, 02:53 PM   #1096
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

I've been playing around with 3.6F. (Maybe one day I'll get back to actually playing the game.) Would like for the radar antenna to automatically lower when a dive is ordered, as the DF antenna does. But just adding commands in FMO30.dat doesn't work, because the radar must be switched off or the antenna continues to rotate. So, I tried command chaining and it works! Added the line "Key1=0x44,C,"D"" to Cmd462 (Radar_turn_off), and the antenna stops, comes down, and doesn't rotate in the housing. Now I'm going to tie the radar antenna to the other dive commands. I'm confident they'll all work.

I'm not sure yet how best to build this into a mod. There are so many mods that change the Commands.cfg file, that compatibility would be a nightmare! Maybe just instructions for editing? Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Since there is only 1 command entry that needs changing, editing instructions are obviously the best way.

Add to the entry in Data\Cfg\Commands_en.cfg

[Cmd462]
Name=Radar_turn_off
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F2B0004
Key0=0x52,Cc,"CTRL+R"

the following 4 lines:

Key1=0x44,C,"D"
Key2=0x43,C,"C"
Key3=0x50,C,"P"
Key4=0xBA,C,";"
Key5=0x2E,Cs,"SHIFT Delete"

That's it. Now the radar antenna will be stowed automatically when you order a dive. It will NOT redeploy when you surface. That would be just as easy to do, but I prefer to have more control over when my boat starts announcing its presence.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 01-21-15 at 04:24 PM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 06:07 PM   #1097
álvaro
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1474

@ Stiebler, BigWalleye, Anvart, Mikhayl, Tycho

HiRes Submarines restored for NYGM 3.6F !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Olé, Olé and Olé " as we say in my country (Spain). Thank you, thank you very much to continue doing so great for things in SH3. Your work is commendable. I am 47 years old and thought maybe was too late to enjoy this amazing game. It wears many years to develop and expand do not know if I'll make myself a day. I hope you continue doing so many wonderful things many years. Greetings to all and my personal congratulations to each of you and the rest of this forum where I feel like in my own home.
Long live the SH3 and good hunting to all.
Old 01-22-15, 03:41 AM   #1098
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@BigWalleye:
Quote:
Add to the entry in Data\Cfg\Commands_en.cfg

[Cmd462]
Name=Radar_turn_off
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F2B0004
Key0=0x52,Cc,"CTRL+R"

the following 4 lines:

Key1=0x44,C,"D"
Key2=0x43,C,"C"
Key3=0x50,C,"P"
Key4=0xBA,C,";"
Be careful for what you wish!

These kind of commands work well with the radar antenna, but if you apply them to the D/F aerial and to the flag, you receive a double reply "Yes, Sir"/"Yes,Sir" whenever you dive, while changes of depth with "D","C","P" or ";" once submerged cause the irritating message "Watch station not manned".

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 04:22 AM   #1099
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
These kind of commands work well with the radar antenna, but if you apply them to the D/F aerial and to the flag,
The D/F aerial and the flags, already have this command in StateMachineClass orders, this trick is only for the radars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
For what, is this command?
Old 01-22-15, 07:26 AM   #1100
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
The D/F aerial and the flags, already have this command in StateMachineClass orders, this trick is only for the radars.

For what, is this command?
"Set_depth". Whatever that is and whatever it does. I don't know it and don't use it (obviously!), but it was included in the Condition list in DF_ANT.dat, so I included it for completeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@BigWalleye:

These kind of commands work well with the radar antenna, but if you apply them to the D/F aerial and to the flag, you receive a double reply "Yes, Sir"/"Yes,Sir" whenever you dive, while changes of depth with "D","C","P" or ";" once submerged cause the irritating message "Watch station not manned".

Stiebler.
That last point is certainly true for the ensign, which is linked to the WO. But the DF and Radar antennas are linked to the RA, which should be manned when submerged. As for the double response, I haven't see (heard!) it. I don't think the RA has voice responses for commands.

BTW, I want all antennas safely stowed during gun actions, either flak or deck cannon. Neither radar nor DF is of any use with guns that only fire open sights. So I have both antennas rigged to retract when either gun is manned. When I order the guns to be manned, I get the response from the WO "Jawohl. Herr Kaleun" but only once. I control the DF antenna with DF_ANT.dat, but the radar with a command chain. The double response would drive me nuts, but I haven't encountered it so far. When I secure the guns with the "Watch_crew" command, the DF begins sweeping automatically, but I insist that radar activation be under my direct command. Again, just a single response from the WO.

EDIT: I have done some further checking and I have no idea where the "SHIFT-DEL" keybinding for the command "Set_depth" came from. "Set_depth" is Cmd190, and in every version of Commands_en.cfg that I have looked at, that command is not assigned a keybinding. The version of Commands_en.cfg that I actually use is a gemisch of lots of different versions, as this file is one of the biggest causes of mod conflicts. But none of them has "Set_depth" bound. Anyone recognise this one?

Last edited by BigWalleye; 01-22-15 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-22-15, 07:43 AM   #1101
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Ask, because I don't have key commands in my Commands_en.cfg.
Set_depth is used, when you click over depth dial in your gui.
Old 01-22-15, 08:18 AM   #1102
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Ask, because I don't have key commands in my Commands_en.cfg.
Set_depth is used, when you click over depth dial in your gui.
Aha! I use SH3Speech to do the mouseclicking. I will test and see if that will also trigger the animations.

EDIT: Yes, it works fine. This opens up new possibilities. Thanks, Tycho!
Old 01-22-15, 12:47 PM   #1103
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

Faquari!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 01:06 PM   #1104
pedalboat
A-ganger

Downloads: 130

Both in NGYM 3 super-mod and GWX the coordinates for Ferrol are wrong. This is how they should look:

[Location 474] might be a different number according to your own installation
;Long=-8.215
;Lat=43.46048
;Heading=0 ; El Ferrol
Long=-8.231
Lat=43.47948
Heading=180
OnLand=false
ShowOnMap=true
FileName=Penang
LocationName=El Ferrol del Caudillo

History: Today, Ferrol is the only official name for the city. Since 30th September 1938 to 5th October 1984 its official name was El Ferrol del Caudillo. El Caudillo (Fuhrer, Duce) was dictator Francisco Franco, born in Ferrol.
I don't know how the Germans (or the Allies) reflected that name in their documents, but in Spain at that time it was El Ferrol del Caudillo.
El Ferrol never existed officially here. So, it's either Ferrol or El Ferrol del Caudillo.
pedalboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-15, 01:41 PM   #1105
álvaro
Torpedoman

@ pedalboat

Olé por ese español, aquí hay otro de Córdoba. Estoy absolutamente de acuerdo con tu estimación histórica. Un cordial saludo.
Old 01-23-15, 01:49 PM   #1106
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalboat View Post
Both in NGYM 3 super-mod and GWX the coordinates for Ferrol are wrong. This is how they should look:

[Location 474] might be a different number according to your own installation
;Long=-8.215
;Lat=43.46048
;Heading=0 ; El Ferrol
Long=-8.231
Lat=43.47948
Heading=180
OnLand=false
ShowOnMap=true
FileName=Penang
LocationName=El Ferrol del Caudillo

History: Today, Ferrol is the only official name for the city. Since 30th September 1938 to 5th October 1984 its official name was El Ferrol del Caudillo. El Caudillo (Fuhrer, Duce) was dictator Francisco Franco, born in Ferrol.
I don't know how the Germans (or the Allies) reflected that name in their documents, but in Spain at that time it was El Ferrol del Caudillo.
El Ferrol never existed officially here. So, it's either Ferrol or El Ferrol del Caudillo.
Kewl! Thanks, Pedalboat. Personally, I like to have everything in my setup as historically accurate as I can make it. This adds a nice touch.
Old 01-23-15, 03:49 PM   #1107
álvaro
Torpedoman

@ pedalboat and BigWalleye:

please, Where can I write that?
Old 01-23-15, 04:52 PM   #1108
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by álvaro View Post
@ pedalboat and BigWalleye:

please, Where can I write that?
File is:

Data\Terrain\locations.cfg

Open it in Notepad. Copy and paste pedalboat's changes. DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!
Old 01-23-15, 06:30 PM   #1109
álvaro
Torpedoman

@ BigWalleye

thank you very much as always.
Old 01-23-15, 08:41 PM   #1110
pedalboat
A-ganger

Downloads: 130

Thanks for showing interest with this little but necessary fix for Ferrol.
The port is in the same place as it was 75 years back. You can google-earth it and see for yourself, and even someone with more knowledge than me can fine-tune the place.
And for Alvaro... you can download this (in Spanish). I uploaded it some weeks ago. I think you'll enjoy this a lot.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/o8OB4ic_ba/U-Boote.html

Hasta la vista!
pedalboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull