SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-07-14, 01:03 PM   #1021
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hello guys,

all the posts that concern the Radar Rotation Problem are moved here

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 08:44 PM   #1022
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Hey, My initial post does not belong to this category... bring back.
... otherwise I will have to delete my posts.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 11:13 AM   #1023
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

ok realized that I have to fend alone .... nygm is a wonderful mod .... the problems are many ..... I understand you do everything possible to solve the most complicated ...excuse my ignorance....
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 11:53 AM   #1024
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@hauangua:

Try this old SubSim explanation:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=88961

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 10:28 PM   #1025
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
Stiebler,

Are you considering an updated release of NYGM with Makman94's fixes?

Might be nice to consolidate all the downloads into one nice big download.
Stiebler?

Any comment?
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 03:00 AM   #1026
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Lanzfeld:
Quote:
Are you considering an updated release of NYGM with Makman94's fixes?
Might be nice to consolidate all the downloads into one nice big download.
Yes, I have a number of small items that I could release for an updated NYGM. Only small fixes, nothing very exciting, but Makman's addition is important.

I think it is better to keep the main NYGM in three parts (NYGM2.5 Standalone, NYGM3_New, NYGM3.6D -> 3.6E).
The reason is ease of updating for me, and ease of downloading for others. Only the smallest part (currently NYGM3.6D) needs to be updated and downloaded.

Stiebler.
Old 12-09-14, 09:05 AM   #1027
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Just a little helpful feedback (if you are still interested) on the damage model for our sub in NYGM.

Two points really.

1. Much of the lighter damage is still being fixed almost instantly. This might be that I use the "no fatigue" option in SHC. I just don't want to rotate the crew all the time so maybe I am causing the instant fixes on the boat. Do we HAVE to use fatigue in order to make NYGM repair model work?

2. I got brave in a convoy attack and stayed on the surface at night in a field of armed merchants. I took 4 or 5 deck gun hits (4 inch?) and had holes in my boat. This should really make the boat unable to dive but I am sensing that this might be out of the modders hands.

I really want to give the patch "realistic repair times" a shot in NYGM but I have read it is not compatible. Is there a certain area that is not compatible?
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 09:30 AM   #1028
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@hauangua:

Try this old SubSim explanation:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=88961

Stiebler.

Thanks Stiebler is just what I was looking for ....
I apologize to the forum but I played in easy mode so far and thank you again for the patience that you're the best .... THANKS
Old 12-11-14, 06:38 AM   #1029
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post

I really want to give the patch "realistic repair times" a shot in NYGM but I have read it is not compatible. Is there a certain area that is not compatible?
I have used it for years now with NYGM. Haven't had any problems with it that I know of. Though it changes the NYGM idea that some equipment/systems can be repaired only from outside of the boat.
Old 12-11-14, 08:09 AM   #1030
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Lanzfeld,

Quote:
1. . . Do we HAVE to use fatigue in order to make NYGM repair model work?
I regret that I do not know. Observer did all this work for NYGM, and he departed a long time ago.
Quote:
2. [Holes in the U-boat. . .] This should really make the boat unable to dive but I am sensing that this might be out of the modders hands.
The seriousness of holes in the U-boat depends entirely on whether the pressure hull has been breached. Assume not.
Quote:
It was H.sie who made a new damage model in hard-code, but I was always happy with that of NYGM. However, I did a lot of testing with H.sie's model, mostly by ramming the U-boat aground near Bergen - lots of rammings, time after time. Sometimes CTDs occurred. That is the reason I do not recommend the H.sie hard-code damage model for NYGM, although I have seen several users (including Oblt Strand, above) write that they have had no difficulties.
However, H.sie adapted his hard-code damage for GWX, which has a damage model different from NYGM, so there is no reason to believe that the settings for H.sie's code are correct anyway (for NYGM).

Stiebler.
Old 12-20-14, 07:13 AM   #1031
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default NYGM 3.6E release

This 3.6E version form NYGM replaces the older 3.6D.

The main NYGM series for a long time has comprised NYGM_2.5_StandAlone and NYGM 3_new. The 3.6 series has provided predominantly a third component that contains compatibility with the H.sie and Stiebler hard-code patches, minor fixes to existing bugs, and any exciting new additions by other modders.

NYGM 3.6E continues this tradition: compatibility with the new Stiebler4C_V16B1 hard-code fix, some fixes to defects that still existed in 3.6D, and two new additions:
1. Anvart's old NYGM_DFa_UpdownRot mod now appears in NYGM as he intended. Somehow, I overlooked the mod in past additions. Apologies to Anvart for that. This same mod also is used in the Stiebler4C_V16B1 hard-code fix, with a large number of Anvart-generated turms.
2. Fsaconi's XB U-minelayer, with its excellent attention to detail, is now incorporated, and provides a U-tanker (a 'milk-cow') in the North Atlantic after mid 1943. It is well worth a visit if you are at sea in late 1943.

A new manual for the NYGM 3.6 series provides a complete list of all updates since the first release of the original 'NYGM3.6' in 2012.

If you have already NYGM 3.6D (or earlier 3.6 version) installed:
Use JSGME to uninstall 3.6D, then to install NYGM 3.6E.
Alternatively, you can safely copy NYGM 3.6E directly over 3.6D (or earlier version).
Use of JSGME is much preferred, since then you can install and un-install mods easily.

These, and other NYGM mods, and the updated hard-code fix, can be obtained from SubSim by clicking on my logo below.

Stiebler.
Old 12-21-14, 07:03 AM   #1032
hauangua
Grey Wolf

thank Stiebler nygm is the best experience great work!
Old 12-21-14, 10:55 AM   #1033
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
This 3.6E version form NYGM replaces the older 3.6D.

The main NYGM series for a long time has comprised NYGM_2.5_StandAlone and NYGM 3_new. The 3.6 series has provided predominantly a third component that contains compatibility with the H.sie and Stiebler hard-code patches, minor fixes to existing bugs, and any exciting new additions by other modders.

NYGM 3.6E continues this tradition: compatibility with the new Stiebler4C_V16B1 hard-code fix, some fixes to defects that still existed in 3.6D, and two new additions:
1. Anvart's old NYGM_DFa_UpdownRot mod now appears in NYGM as he intended. Somehow, I overlooked the mod in past additions. Apologies to Anvart for that. This same mod also is used in the Stiebler4C_V16B1 hard-code fix, with a large number of Anvart-generated turms.
2. Fsaconi's XB U-minelayer, with its excellent attention to detail, is now incorporated, and provides a U-tanker (a 'milk-cow') in the North Atlantic after mid 1943. It is well worth a visit if you are at sea in late 1943.

A new manual for the NYGM 3.6 series provides a complete list of all updates since the first release of the original 'NYGM3.6' in 2012.

If you have already NYGM 3.6D (or earlier 3.6 version) installed:
Use JSGME to uninstall 3.6D, then to install NYGM 3.6E.
Alternatively, you can safely copy NYGM 3.6E directly over 3.6D (or earlier version).
Use of JSGME is much preferred, since then you can install and un-install mods easily.

These, and other NYGM mods, and the updated hard-code fix, can be obtained from SubSim by clicking on my logo below.

Stiebler.
many thanks Stiebler

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-14, 02:59 AM   #1034
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Default thomsen'sound 3.2

merry christmas
i want install sound mod thomsen's my answer is in mod list must be placed befor or after nygm mod?
thank u
Old 12-29-14, 10:29 AM   #1035
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Cool, a christmas present
Thanks Stiebler...

Tags
torpedos through hull