SUBSIM®  Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM® Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > 2010 SUBSIM April Fool scam
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #31
The Enigma
Seer of visions
 
The Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Under the surface
Posts: 2,328
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

I wonder why the OP is named "Subsim Admin Guest"
__________________


The Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #32
Sonarman
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ayr,Scotland,UK
Posts: 1,306
Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser View Post
Everyone is laughing and that's great. I hate to rain on the parade but I wonder what this will mean for PC sub sims if a console sub sim is an enormous hit and sells like hotcakes? Will Ubisoft just cut to the chase?

It could also go the other way, Artech now have some of the elements of a naval sim here however arcadey in this XBox implementation, although they developed the rather cheesy sim-lite "Das Boot" PC VGA game they also developed Megafortress for 360 Pacific which was fairly hardcore and a good game, so who knows maybe they could take this and turn it into a PC sim as a challenger to Ubisoft?
__________________
"The action is simulated...the excitement is real!"
Microprose Simulation Software 1982-2001 R.I.P.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #33
ERPP8
Commodore
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: My House
Posts: 608
Downloads: 149
Uploads: 0
Default

Not buying it.
Never buying a console game ever again.
I prefer PC games
ERPP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #34
KING111
Navy Dude
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 174
Downloads: 205
Uploads: 0
Default

does it use DRM
KING111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #35
frau kaleun
Valkyrie
 
frau kaleun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Posts: 12,718
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING111 View Post
does it use DRM
In Silent Hunter 5.1, DRM use YOU!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #36
MoN
Seaman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 38
Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
In Silent Hunter 5.1, DRM use YOU!


also:

In Silent Hunter 5.1, torpedoes are DLC.
MoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #37
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 127,685
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 11


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING111 View Post
does it use DRM
Only intermittently
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #38
JustinReg
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London
Posts: 12
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette View Post
The patch for the XBox was produced, but as you say 505 games decided not to send it to M$. Very annoying, as the PS3 did get that patch equivalent.

Thus a 'no sale' from me as well.

We only have Anton's word for that, the same Anton that told us that a patch containing German cockpits would be released soon after the game shipped. That was bull, I don't really believe anything he says.

It does not cost anything for the first title update to be certified by MS, if the devs had really made an Xbox patch there is no reason why they would not have sent it to be certified.

This is why 505 games told Anton to stop posting on the forums imo, he was telling too many lies. Doing everything to make the devs look good at 505 games expense. But after all it was the devs that made a game with impossible multiplayer goals, I blame them. They obviously never tested the online components of the game or they would have realised that and spotted that fact that shooting someone down would rarely credit a kill.

It was a shame, IL S on the Xbox had the makings of an excellent game, and I say that as an oldskool hardcore PC sim gamer.

( I go by the name of 'Yossarian' over on the IL S forums)
JustinReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #39
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: greece
Posts: 821
Downloads: 478
Uploads: 0
Default

aw come on guys honest now....what game is this i never seen it before and for what platform?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim