SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-17, 12:08 AM   #1
wastel
Watch

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
Default pls combine the "2004 campaign" with the "new subs" mod

Hello,

would love to play the 2004 campaign with the modern subs in the "new Subs" mod.
Both mods don't like to work next to each other. if they do, tell me how :-)

Would it be possible for these 2 modders to merge their work?

The 2004 cmpaign is nice and fits perfectly in the "new Subs" mod.
You just don't need the implemented Subs of the 2004 campaign.
Here the "new Subs" variants work better (e.g. tube 7 & 8 in seawolf).

Right now, just by merging the override folders together, the i never passed the "choose safe game" Screen in the 2004 Folder, because the "Yes" function at the override question does not work.

Please modders...combine your fine work

cheers

wastel
wastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 09:32 PM   #2
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastel View Post
Hello,

would love to play the 2004 campaign with the modern subs in the "new Subs" mod.
Both mods don't like to work next to each other. if they do, tell me how :-)

Would it be possible for these 2 modders to merge their work?

The 2004 cmpaign is nice and fits perfectly in the "new Subs" mod.
You just don't need the implemented Subs of the 2004 campaign.
Here the "new Subs" variants work better (e.g. tube 7 & 8 in seawolf).

Right now, just by merging the override folders together, the i never passed the "choose safe game" Screen in the 2004 Folder, because the "Yes" function at the override question does not work.

Please modders...combine your fine work

cheers

wastel
I have purposefully not combined the 2004 Campaign Mod with the "new Subs" mod because I made a large number of changes to the LANDWAR portion of the campaign game files to add regions in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, and the Russian Federation to account for the changes in Europe with the dissolution of the Soviet Union, and the inclusion of former Warsaw Pact Countries into NATO. This was a critical part of the 2004 Campaign Backstory.

I also spent a lot of time and had some great input from other Modders like SmokeyKane, Goldfish716, LeopardDriver, and TheBandit and wanted to use the techniques they shared to create ships and subs for the 2004 Campaign that were visually similar to the subs/ships in the core game. Not just "Black Textured" models that obscure all the details that Killerfish put into the design of the 3D Subs/Ships.

Yes, I've seen actual Los Angeles-class boats. I worked with them for seven years. I know they are "black", but having walked their decks, and under their hulls (USS Philidelphia SSN 690 and USS Annapolis SSN 760 in paricular) while they were in dry dock in New London, I can guarantee, they are not that dark after they've been in the water a while. It appears Killerfish made a conscious decision to go a tiny bit light on the colors, but that makes a more visually attractive model. Especially when viewing the boats submerged.

Anyway, because of those changes I wanted to limit the variables when I had to debug the inevitable glitches. Which have occurred, and because I knew every line of custom code in the 2004 Campaign, I have been able to address most in short order.

Also, not sure what you mean by the Seawolf (and other subs) in "new Subs" variant work betters (e.g. tube 7 & 8)...

Tubes 7 & 8 have worked in the 2004 Campaign since Killerfish fixed the issue with tube > 6 in 1.06 and 1.06b and the 2004 Campaign Mod Update #3 uploaded on 08/12/2017 and #4 uploaded on 08/20/2017 with the initial 2004 Russian Campaign...

Lately I have had a few reports of the game Freezing on/after some missions, but I have not been able to replicate these with a clean install of the 2004 Mod.

I heard that the 1968/1984 Russian Campaign is having similar issues, so I thought I would compare the missions in that mod (and the default game missions) to what I had done in the 2004 Mod to see if I could determine anything common between the 1968/1964 Campaigns in "more Subs" and my 2004 Campaigns. That might narrow down my search.

The last time I had looked at the Russian Campaign in "more Subs" it was using the 1984 Campaign Map with the Player Home Port moved to Murmansk. Now it appears to be using a stripped down version of my 2004 Campaign Map. So I am not sure if the freezing issue is with the 1.07d update, something in the EVENTS, or if the problem is something to do with the additions made to the Campaign Map. So now I'll have to look at all of those items in trying to debug.

That's also not counting the approximately 20 new subs and ships I've added to the 2004 Mod, but I doubt they are causing the Campaign Mission Screens to lock up, as I spent over 150 hours play testing them in the 2004 Campaign development.

LTJG Beam
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 01:35 AM   #3
wastel
Watch

Downloads: 46

Hello LTJG Beam,

as Today, my post is outdated.

Current status is ok. Switching between the 2 mods frequently.

Thx for your work.

Wastel
wastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 11:06 AM   #4
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
SHO

LTJG, when i was using your MOD in 107c. I would try to do the russian campaign and after the first mission when i would try to finish up the mission i couldn't because there was no continue button. It's also the same way on 107d. The us side works perfectly though bud, i hope this helps you narrow down the problem.
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 12:18 PM   #5
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit484 View Post
LTJG, when i was using your MOD in 107c. I would try to do the russian campaign and after the first mission when i would try to finish up the mission i couldn't because there was no continue button. It's also the same way on 107d. The us side works perfectly though bud, i hope this helps you narrow down the problem.
Thanks. It's good to know that the US/NATO side is still working. I will concentrate on the RUSSIAN 2004 Campaign and see if I can figure it out.

Which difficulty setting where you using? I'm trying to duplicate every variable in my testing, but no joy on replicating the crash you are describing.

Thanks for the additional data.

LTJG Beam
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote