SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-17-13, 05:39 PM   #181
rokoeh
Nub

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Thanks!
rokoeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 07:14 PM   #182
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Wilhelmshaven Xtras compatability questions/fixes?

Long title, long message. But, probably a short answer and maybe not the best thread to use to get some help...anyway...

The apparent incompatibility between WB's "Xtras for the Wilhelmshaven campaign v2.4c" and bbw's "Wilhelmshafen, St. Nazaire...v7" still perplexes me.

If I want the corrected Kiel harbor and KW Kanal features (very good for the first year of the war) I have to use "Wilhelmshafen...v7". But, if I want the "Xtras...v2.4c" ships and the corrected St. Nazaire map (very good for the next four years of the war...if you live that long!), I have to use "Wilhelmshafen...v6."

Don't get me wrong, it isn't that difficult to change the MOD load-out in mid-career with JSGME. But, it's a pain in the butt to also have to set-up and use two different versions of h.sie's V16B1 Patch kit, because of the differences in the en_menu.txt and SCR.mis files between v6+v2.4c and v7. Plus, even with JSGME, changing things back-and-forth increases the odds of corrupting files at some point (crashed/lost my last two careers due to that...bugger!).

So, does anyone have any good ideas or a method for using WB's "Xtras...v2.4c" with Wilhelmshafen...v7? I've spent many hours over the last year or so, trying to sort out the conflicts, but have had no luck other than bad luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote