SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-10, 05:35 PM   #1
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Default New Missions Are Ready

I've finally finished up some new missions that I've been working on and they are now ready for download. If your interested you can find the missions here. Individually the missions are called;

1. Cris Cross
2. Ryukyu Run
3. Tsushima
4. Tsuguru Straits
5. Sagami Wan

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 10:32 AM   #2
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Are your missions compatible with RFB 2.0 + RSRD or RFB 2.0 alone? I am especially interested in your 34 missions-pack loudly advertised here by WEBSTER.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 11:07 AM   #3
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
Are your missions compatible with RFB 2.0 + RSRD or RFB 2.0 alone? I am especially interested in your 34 missions-pack loudly advertised here by WEBSTER.
First off, let me say that these current five missions were made from TMO v1.9 and the latest version of RSRDC. I can't honestly say that they will work with RFB 2.0 and RSRDC. Being as RSRDC is common factor in both mods though I'm think that they might. After I get home from work tonight I shall test them and find out as I have RFB 2.0 and RSRDC loaded on my computer. I'll get back to you and let you know the results.

As for the 34-mission pack made by Webster, he converted many of those mission so they would work with the stock version of SHIV. Many of those missions have been made since the beginning when SHIV was first released. Webster converted those missions so they would work with SHIV v1.5. Again I can't say for sure but I think that those missions would also work with RFB 2.0 and RSRDC. Best advice, give'em a try and find out.

Hope this helps you out some.

Old 06-16-10, 10:34 AM   #4
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

I did not have time to run all five of the missions, but the three I tried ran perfectly. So I would assume that they would run the same for you, Gorshkov.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Old 10-21-10, 03:30 PM   #5
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yes i know that this thread is 4 months old but i just saw it and i feel i should pass on this info

Just to clarify the issues with using a mission created for TMO or RFB without having to use those mods:

i'll try to explain simply the problems why missions must be converted to be generic to work with any mod or work with stock.

the problem with missions designed for specific mods is they often make use of ships that arent found in the stock game and because of that they will cause CTD isues when run in the game that doesnt include those ships.

when a mission designed to work with a mod that has added ships to the game then what happens is when the mission loads, if the ship doesnt exist in the stock game then the game gets lost trying to find it which results in the CTD issue. the whole key is not the state of how modded a ship is but only wether or not it is found in the game at all is what matters.

there wont be a problem is when ships from the stock game are modded because the game can find them to be put into the missions so that wont cause CTD issues because they are there even if they arent modded as TMO or RFB missions may have intended them to be.

all i had to do to convert the missions to work with stock or ANY mod was to go through all the mission ships and replace any ships not found in the stock game with a replacement ship that is found in the stock game and that means those missions will now work with ANY mod as well as the stock unmodded game.

so anyone can convert them fairly easy in the same way.

the best way this can be done is manually by opening the mission files with windows notepad and change the necessary ship number, type, and class. none of the speeds, course, logitude, latitude, waypoints, location, or direction need to be messed with.

when replacing ships in missions, always try to replace a ship with one of the same basic type or style to preserve the same "feel" and "dificulty" the mission creator was trying to create. when i have to replace a ship that doesnt have a stock equivalent then i will use sub chasers to replace most small patrol craft but its a judgement call you must make based on the diffaculty level you think it should have but i try to leave the mission as close to original diffaculty as i can but if i cant do that i figure harder is a better difference then easier.

last note is missions for sh4 v1.4 use different ship type numbers for the conte verde and the big battleships which can cause CTD issues so if anyone still uses v1.4 then thats what you change to convet v1.5 missions for use with v1.4

Last edited by Webster; 10-26-10 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-01-11, 11:54 AM   #6
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

are they for ships too or only subs
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 12:39 PM   #7
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
are they for ships too or only subs
You can use most missions for ships or subs as long as the sub does not start the mission submerged. If it does you can open it with the Mission Editor and change the sub properties so the depth is 0.
Depending on the mission that may put you right in the middle of an enemy task force, not where you want to be, so when you edit the depth you can also more it a bit.
You should test the mission with a sub first to make sure you have the right MODs enabled so the mission will work with a sub as pointed out by Webster some ships used may not be available in stock. As stated by cdsubron7, these missions were made with TMO1.9 and RSRDC.

If you make these changes for your own use, you should not distribute them without the original authors permission. It is the polite thing to do. Most people will allow it, some will not.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12, 07:14 AM   #8
DM
Nub

Downloads: 214

: ***1057;***1072;***1083;***1102;***1090;:
DM is offline   Reply With Quote