SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-08, 01:58 AM   #181
shegeek72
WAV

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
There are a couple 'quirks' in my WAC 3.0. In my VIIB the helmsman is always in 'battle position,' i.e. he's facing the dive plane dudes, even if there are no craft nearby. And the sub vibrates rapidly when going off battery charging mode. I guess a result of different physics? :hmm:
--
shegeek72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 06:55 PM   #182
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Wac 3.0 incorporates Diving Duck's original Open Hatch mod. This has the helmsman in the permanent " Action stations" position. GWX2.1 has the original rearward facing and animated helmsman (a pleasant surprise ) with their version of the OH mod. To my knowledge it's the only mod to have this.

Haven't noticed any untoward vibrations in the type VIIs. Did you mean aural ( rattling noises) or visual (screen shakes)?

And are you running SH3 Commander? If so it may be one of the malfunctions that SH3C introduces.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 07:20 PM   #183
rugby5
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default sh3 commander issue

First off, let me thank bigboywooly for all the help. I do have another issue I need some help with.....the l: switch on SH3 commander. I've got three installs of SH3; vanilla, WAC, and GWX. After meticulously following the multish3 instructions, I've added the switch, paying special attention to the space and everything else. I get an error message: "cannot find c:\documents and settings\my name\my documents\sh3\data\cfg\main.cfg. You must run sh3 at least once to create this file." I've run the version I want SH3 commander for once and multish3 created the proper folder. What in the am I doing wrong? Also, stupid question I know, but, how do make multiple installs of SH3 Commander? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-06-08, 12:52 AM   #184
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

First thing that struck me is the very very long load times, but the wait is worth it i mean the sea is just plain awesome! Just want to know as i was near gibralta channel 1940 and i received a message that doesn't state whos it for just "To ...." with orders to head to gibralta port and sink as many ships there. Is that message for me? Anyways im slowly making my way to the port diving many times to avoid the patrols. Great mod, i think i need to add more ram though 2gigs aint enough!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 01:22 AM   #185
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby5
First off, let me thank bigboywooly for all the help. I do have another issue I need some help with.....the l: switch on SH3 commander. I've got three installs of SH3; vanilla, WAC, and GWX. After meticulously following the multish3 instructions, I've added the switch, paying special attention to the space and everything else. I get an error message: "cannot find c:\documents and settings\my name\my documents\sh3\data\cfg\main.cfg. You must run sh3 at least once to create this file." I've run the version I want SH3 commander for once and multish3 created the proper folder. What in the am I doing wrong? Also, stupid question I know, but, how do make multiple installs of SH3 Commander? Any help would be appreciated.
Not used multiSH3 so cant help you there

I have 3 different versions of SH3commander installed

Fire up the SH3commander install
When you get to the " Select location " screen
Put in a name for the mod you plan to use

eg
C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander GWX
C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander WAC

I have a shortcut on the desktop for each and start game ok that way

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 04:07 AM   #186
shegeek72
WAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate
Wac 3.0 incorporates Diving Duck's original Open Hatch mod. This has the helmsman in the permanent " Action stations" position. GWX2.1 has the original rearward facing and animated helmsman (a pleasant surprise ) with their version of the OH mod. To my knowledge it's the only mod to have this.
Ah, thanks. Perhaps Han can add it in a patch.

Quote:
Haven't noticed any untoward vibrations in the type VIIs. Did you mean aural ( rattling noises) or visual (screen shakes)?
Screen shakes when going off battery charge.

Quote:
And are you running SH3 Commander? If so it may be one of the malfunctions that SH3C introduces.
Yes. v2.7, though malfunctions isn't enabled. Just real ship names, show hull integrity (don't know if WAC3.0 shows it by default) and GW 8 hr. fatigue (also don't know what WAC's default fatigue is). Do you know what version of SH3C is compatible with WAC3.0?
--
Old 07-06-08, 04:31 AM   #187
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005
First thing that struck me is the very very long load times, but the wait is worth it i mean the sea is just plain awesome! Just want to know as i was near gibralta channel 1940 and i received a message that doesn't state whos it for just "To ...." with orders to head to gibralta port and sink as many ships there. Is that message for me? Anyways im slowly making my way to the port diving many times to avoid the patrols. Great mod, i think i need to add more ram though 2gigs aint enough!
thx!
this message is for you
have fun in gibraltar!

@shegeek72

we built in a new version of screen shakes!
you´ll also notice the waves shaking your sub if your are in the radio room or in captains cabin. myabe this is a sideeffect
because of the action station position.. we don´t know... maybe in the future.

greetings
Han
Old 07-06-08, 07:30 AM   #188
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

Do you need a previous version of WAC installed before adding 3.0 ?
I have tried installing both the Megaupload files and Filefront files into Stock SH3 with 1.4 via JSGME and have had CTD's on both attempts .
Don't even get an intro screen ?!

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 08:31 AM   #189
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster
I have tried installing both the Megaupload files and Filefront files into Stock SH3 with 1.4 via JSGME and have had CTD's on both attempts .
No you do not need a previous version. And you are not alone with your CTD`s In German Ubi-Forum HanSolo wrote: "Most of the people who get CTS`s have added somthing that does not belong to the Mod (other mods etc.)" I do not know how but maybe it helps you.
Kind regards

PS: It could help you to delete the two resolution-files. You will find them beside the data-folder.
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 09:02 PM   #190
rugby5
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default SH3 Commander Woes

Still no luck getting the switch to work with SH3 Commander. I've tried everything to include loading it into the game folder. Nothing seems to work, SH3 Commander is still looking for the SH3 created save folder and not switching to the other folder that I created for the game. I've missed a step somewhere with the switch or loading or something else. Maybe someone out here has had the same problem and can give me a clue, it sure would be appreciated.
Old 07-07-08, 03:26 AM   #191
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I use multiSH3.....put it into the program folder of each of your installs, double click on each icon and it will ask you for a 3 digit name eg:

installation 1...SH3
installation 2...GWX
installation 3...WAC

The 3 digit will be used to name a new separate folder in C\MyDocs where all your saved game information will be stored.

Similarly for SH3Commander....use a separate installation for each version of the game.....just point each install to the respective game installation.

The alternative method is set out below.

SH3 Commander & Multiple Installs

It is recommended to have a separate install of Commander for each different install of SH3.
1)Install SH3Commander and rename the program folder to suit.
2)Rename each SH3Cmdr shortcut as required.
3)You will need to use the l: switch to point SH3Cmdr to the right installation.

Here's an example of the l: switch for dual installs, just tailor it to fit.....

Right click on the SH3Cmdr shortcut & choose properties.

Target
"C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander-GWX\SH3Cmdr.exe" /l:"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent HunterIII-GWX"

Start in
"C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander-GWX"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 10:03 AM   #192
rugby5
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
I use multiSH3.....put it into the program folder of each of your installs, double click on each icon and it will ask you for a 3 digit name eg:

installation 1...SH3
installation 2...GWX
installation 3...WAC

The 3 digit will be used to name a new separate folder in C\MyDocs where all your saved game information will be stored.

Similarly for SH3Commander....use a separate installation for each version of the game.....just point each install to the respective game installation.

The alternative method is set out below.

SH3 Commander & Multiple Installs

It is recommended to have a separate install of Commander for each different install of SH3.
1)Install SH3Commander and rename the program folder to suit.
2)Rename each SH3Cmdr shortcut as required.
3)You will need to use the l: switch to point SH3Cmdr to the right installation.

Here's an example of the l: switch for dual installs, just tailor it to fit.....

Right click on the SH3Cmdr shortcut & choose properties.

Target
"C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander-GWX\SH3Cmdr.exe" /l:"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent HunterIII-GWX"

Start in
"C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander-GWX"
Thanks for the help with this. I was wondering....how do you "point" SH3Cmdr to the right installation? I currently have three installations, SH3 (vanilla), WAC, GWX. I've installed MultiSH3 in the GWX and WAC installs and it works fine, its created the proper folders. Again, I've tried the "l" switch to attempt to get SH3 Cmdr to find the right folders and I get the error message. If there's another way of doing it without the l switch I could try that. Secondly, how do you make multiple installs of SH3 Cmdr? I think if I could cross that hurdle I could figure it out....again, thanks for the help.
Old 07-08-08, 03:58 AM   #193
shegeek72
WAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby5
Secondly, how do you make multiple installs of SH3 Cmdr? I think if I could cross that hurdle I could figure it out....again, thanks for the help.
I put a separate installation of SH3 Cmdr into each SH3 folder. For example: \WAC3.0\extras\SH3 Commander and \GreyWolves\extras\SH3 Commander. That way each install is devoted to just one game. I think you can put SH3 Cmdr into any folder as long as the short cut refers to the correct 'target' and 'start-in' locations.
--
Old 07-08-08, 04:13 AM   #194
nirwana
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 17

Repeat the installation of sh3com with the installer equal to the numbers of sh3 versions u created and planning to use. During installation it gives u every time a choice which path it will install sh3com (the path of a regular default sh3 installation is suggested but can be manually overwritten every time). After completing the multiple installations of sh3coms u create shortcuts of them to desktop or quicklaunch bar all with different shortcut names. Then u launch each sh3com and set the appropriate path to the sh3 game it supposed to work with in settings. Sometimes there are additional special config files provided by mod creators for their mods for sh3com to be copied into its folder.

LOL shegeek72 .... we must be twins u created ure reply same time i did.....
nirwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 06:08 AM   #195
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster
The megauploads wouldn't work for me, filefront did it for me. Also do you get the load intro screen, the first time WAC loaded it took ages probably a good 15-20 min! An yeah i sat in front of that screen sipping coffee waiting for it to load it gets about 80% of the way and just sat there for another 10min before i finally got in. Funny though i never did a new install i just disabled all previous mods using JSMG and install WAC 3, no problems with SH3 Commander running.

First load intro was very long now its normal load times only the loading of save games still takes awhile.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote