SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-17, 09:03 AM   #1
WMMangus
Nub

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default Missing Clock

Hello Everyone,

After 5 years and 2 new computers, I'm back to SH 4.

I've installed from my CD, purchased and installed the U-Boat 1.5 add-on and installed JSGME.

Stock game in Win 10 with no mods activated works fine, although I did have to run in Compatability Mode (Win 7 SP 2) to make the menu screen appear. Ran through the sub school to check out everything and it all looked good.

Installed and activated TMO 1.7 for the U-Boat add-on. Everything looks great except when I want to display the clock nothing happens. I press 'X' or click on the icon and it changes color/lights-up but no clock appears.

Anyone have any ideas?

Running on a 32" monitor at 2560 x 1440 resolution. Changing down to any lower resolution doesn't help - still no clock.

Thanks in advance.
WMMangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 10:53 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Where did you install the game? Program Files (x86)?

This is getting to be one of my most pointed to threads: CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install thread. He talks about the Large Address Aware applet for use on SH4.exe, but also about installing the game on a Windows 10 computer. Try the Capn's advice, and see how you make out.

Also, while FotRSU is based on TMO 1.7, there is a TMO2.5 (and Small Patch) that would have more "fixes" in it, and probably be better to use - not that there's anything wrong with v1.7, just that 2.5 is an update...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 11:02 AM   #3
WMMangus
Nub

External HD "G" under SH4 title.

I'll go look for 2.5/FoTRS

Thanks
Old 06-14-17, 08:21 AM   #4
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMMangus View Post
Hello Everyone,

After 5 years and 2 new computers, I'm back to SH 4.

I've installed from my CD, purchased and installed the U-Boat 1.5 add-on and installed JSGME.

Stock game in Win 10 with no mods activated works fine, although I did have to run in Compatability Mode (Win 7 SP 2) to make the menu screen appear. Ran through the sub school to check out everything and it all looked good.

Installed and activated TMO 1.7 for the U-Boat add-on. Everything looks great except when I want to display the clock nothing happens. I press 'X' or click on the icon and it changes color/lights-up but no clock appears.

Anyone have any ideas?

Running on a 32" monitor at 2560 x 1440 resolution. Changing down to any lower resolution doesn't help - still no clock.

Thanks in advance.
I think it is a screen resolution issue. I run at 1920x1080 and for any version the clock is set way off to the right, above center. I have had to grab the edge with the mouse and drag it down to where I usually place it near the bottom, where I also drag the command dialogues.

This was addressed in FOTARS Ultimate v0.60 (the latest is v0.61). They moved the starting position closer to the center-top. If you don't want to run FOTARS (I heartily recommend it for realism and beauty), you can set your resolution way down, put the clock nearer the center, save your game, change the reso back to what you want, and reload. The clock should be about where you left it. PIA, though!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 10:07 AM   #5
WMMangus
Nub

I've downloaded and installed TMO 2.5 and Ultimate .60 ( file said .61 but that's what it says on the opening screen.)

All I can say is WOW!!!!

PS: The clock is back

Thanks to all.

Old 06-14-17, 10:58 AM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

WMMangus! after a long silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote