SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-17, 04:54 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Shinano

Last night ran 5th parol of Drum in October/November 1944. Assigned to patrol off Tokyo.

As know traffic is pretty limited in this area during this time frame in RSRD but encountered two small ones during monthm sank three merchants, damaged another. .Sank an enemy submarine en route to patrol area, and sank an Akizuki Destroyer patrolling south of Tokyo.Gunned probably a dozen fishing boats and sanpans.

Was getting time to depart but decided to wait for Shinano on November 28, 1944. never showed up. After ended patrol, I looked in the ME and it showed Shinano's course was right where I was sitting. Never showed up.

RSRD is not corrupted or anything, other convoys, groups etc spawn fine. I know game did "sutter" as it tends to do momentarily when a task force or convoy is near but never showed up on radar and it was a small area, the "channel" between Honshu and oshima island in the sagami nada. So if it passed through there as it shows in the mission editor what is the issue.

I believe I attacked the Shinano one time long long ago in the historical time and place in area 5 where archerfish attacked.

I can't recall if it showed up on radar or not. Wondering if shinano has issues showed up on radar as some third party ships do at time?

anyone attacked it lately?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-17, 05:26 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Not lately. Check the "group" definition, where the DelayMin=, DelayMinInterv=, and SpawnProbability= lines are, and see if they are set correctly, as lurker had in his original file. Even just looking at things in the ME can re-set things - especially the first line, as you're well aware. I include the SpawnProbability= line, since they're not all at 100%, though I think the Shinano was... you weren't too close to the spawn, correct? No alternate route scripted in? You didn't do like me and mis-number the groups with an addition, did you?... One time, it "blanked" the file. You'd never know it from the game, since there's so much else going on, but when I went to use the MIS file for a "merge" for reference to where other RGG were placed, there wasn't anything to see... a blank file, even though they were all in the text, the ME couldn't display it. I don't remember if that was a double, like two Group 200's, or if I skipped a number or what... or maybe it was in a groups' RndUnit definitions...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 09:33 PM   #3
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

obviously not lately, but never had a problem finding it using rsrd, always showed up in time.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote