SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-04-21, 04:49 PM   #1
Sewer Pipe Salt
Swabbie

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Is it possible to mod the mouse cursor?

Mine is an odd question, I know but, it would help me and others who don't have a young person's vision any longer.

I am mostly blind, macular degeneration which affects the central vision, mainly in us older folks is my issue.

The mouse cursor in SH3 GWX-ONEALEX is very small and I have a hard time tracking it down when I want to click on something. Currently, I move it about in circles until I happen to spot it and then I drag it to where I want it and its a pain in me arse.

I don't know if it is possible to mod the cursor, or perhaps its been done before I don't know.

If it was to be somewhat larger and perhaps red or a high vis type color, it would really make my day.

A modder, I am not. I'm just a mostly blind old fart who has fallen in love with sub sims. I love flight sims, which I did before my eyesight went south and I tried combat flight sims but, they are way too fast for my aged reflexes not to mention my lack of 20/20 vision.

If anyone thinks that this would be worth their time and effort, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks for reading this,

the Sewer Pipe Salt
Sewer Pipe Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 11:29 PM   #2
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Pipe Salt View Post
Mine is an odd question, I know but, it would help me and others who don't have a young person's vision any longer.

I am mostly blind, macular degeneration which affects the central vision, mainly in us older folks is my issue.

The mouse cursor in SH3 GWX-ONEALEX is very small and I have a hard time tracking it down when I want to click on something. Currently, I move it about in circles until I happen to spot it and then I drag it to where I want it and its a pain in me arse.

I don't know if it is possible to mod the cursor, or perhaps its been done before I don't know.

If it was to be somewhat larger and perhaps red or a high vis type color, it would really make my day.

A modder, I am not. I'm just a mostly blind old fart who has fallen in love with sub sims. I love flight sims, which I did before my eyesight went south and I tried combat flight sims but, they are way too fast for my aged reflexes not to mention my lack of 20/20 vision.

If anyone thinks that this would be worth their time and effort, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks for reading this,

the Sewer Pipe Salt
Hello. You have PM...
Old 09-04-21, 11:35 PM   #3
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 842

It's not a problem. These are just three files: Default.tga Drag.tga Highlight.tga of the Mous Сursor in the active and passive state in the data/Menu/MouseCurs folder.

Last edited by Anvar1061; 09-05-21 at 04:04 AM.
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 02:29 PM   #4
Sewer Pipe Salt
Swabbie

Downloads: 57
Default Active state.....Passive state?

I opened up the data/menu/cursor folder and found 16 different cursor selections.

The one that I am leaning toward using has a ring of red dashes around it, which should make it easy to find on the page.

In order to make that selection active will I have to have an adventure in editing my .config file?

Thanks,
Sewer Pipe Salt
Sewer Pipe Salt is offline   Reply With Quote