SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-16-10, 08:12 PM   #31
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163
Uploads: 0

Installed it in the middle of Happy days. But starting from pen.
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 08:54 AM   #32
7of9
Seaman

Downloads: 20

@etheberge

small but mighty Mod.

Thx a lot
Old 03-18-10, 03:10 PM   #33
Pumbator
Watch

Downloads: 53

Uh, great mod... Though I wish I'd see my old 'Das Schwein' emblem from the previous SH's. If I remember well, It was black and white But that's great too, thanks a million
Pumbator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 03:40 PM   #34
milanm1989
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hello,

For some reason i can't get this mod to work.

I install it with the JSGME but when i am ingame i can only see the default emblems, which i think are rather stupid. So can somebody please help me
Old 03-19-10, 06:32 PM   #35
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanm1989 View Post
Hello,

For some reason i can't get this mod to work.

I install it with the JSGME but when i am ingame i can only see the default emblems, which i think are rather stupid. So can somebody please help me
Make sure you copied the files properly in your mod folder it should look like this: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...56&postcount=4

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 04:27 AM   #36
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

Love the mod

However, i made a new one for U-995. If you want it i can send it to you if you feel like adding it to the package

Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 12:04 AM   #37
etheberge
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtag View Post
Love the mod

However, i made a new one for U-995. If you want it i can send it to you if you feel like adding it to the package

Sure send it to me, I'll include it in future updates.

PM if you need my email.

Old 03-25-10, 01:24 AM   #38
Cdr84
Seaman

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
Do you remember if you installed the mod before or after starting your career? If the later, do you remember if you installed it while you were on patrol on in the pen?

I know the game caches some of the upc files that contain the upgrades in your saved games folder. I suspect those files might be getting out of sync and causing the problem you're seeing, depending on when you install the mod.

Unfortunately I'm not far enough in the campaign to test the upgrades. If you or someone else wants to check, try installing the mod in the three scenarios mentioned above and see what happens.

At this point I would recommend installing it only before starting a new career just to be safe, until I can figure this out.
Just came across this problem. I didn't know what mod was causing it and the last thing I thought would cause it was this emblems mod.

I discovered the problem when I was in the pen and had just gotten the ability to upgrade to the wintergarden type conning tower. I could select the upgrade, but the tab for the wintergarden AA gun was missing on the left side of the menu box.

I then went thru all my JSGME mods, disabling and restarting until I found out which one was causing it.

It does not matter when (in what order) Fistful of Emblems is enabled. It does not over write nor do any of these mods over write it, also the problem goes away when it is disabled;

I compared the Equipment.upc and UpgradePacks.upc to stock with WinMerge and cannot see any obvious problems.

Cdr

Edit; I also tried enabling it after I disabled to get acess to the wintergarden AA gun option then saved out on patrol. When I restarted the game and loaded that save the gun remains in place. Apparently the only thing being affected is the menu option in upgrade screen while in the sub pen.

This gives rise to a workaround; Return to your pen after the patol, save and exit the game. Disable Fistful mod and restart the game. Select your wintergarden AA gun and whatever else you want. Save and exit again. Enable Fistful and restart the game. Choose your emblem and be on your way.

Clumsy... yes, but it works.

Last edited by Cdr84; 03-25-10 at 02:06 AM.
Cdr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 05:18 PM   #39
Bramtyr
Sailor man

Downloads: 19
Alpha channels?

Do these emblems have alpha channels? If so, I'd recommend dropping them down to 90% opacity, or some level of distressing to allow metal to show through.

Actually on second thought there are a few changes I'd make. to add some distressing. At the moment the colors are too homogeneous to look like a texture sitting on weather-exposed metal.

I'm a graphic designer- I've yet to nab a copy of SH5, but if you're interested and drop me a line, I could totally help add some more zing to the emblems.

Cheers!
Bramtyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 06:12 PM   #40
etheberge
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdr84 View Post
Just came across this problem. I didn't know what mod was causing it and the last thing I thought would cause it was this emblems mod.

I discovered the problem when I was in the pen and had just gotten the ability to upgrade to the wintergarden type conning tower. I could select the upgrade, but the tab for the wintergarden AA gun was missing on the left side of the menu box.

I then went thru all my JSGME mods, disabling and restarting until I found out which one was causing it.

It does not matter when (in what order) Fistful of Emblems is enabled. It does not over write nor do any of these mods over write it, also the problem goes away when it is disabled;

I compared the Equipment.upc and UpgradePacks.upc to stock with WinMerge and cannot see any obvious problems.

Cdr

Edit; I also tried enabling it after I disabled to get acess to the wintergarden AA gun option then saved out on patrol. When I restarted the game and loaded that save the gun remains in place. Apparently the only thing being affected is the menu option in upgrade screen while in the sub pen.

This gives rise to a workaround; Return to your pen after the patol, save and exit the game. Disable Fistful mod and restart the game. Select your wintergarden AA gun and whatever else you want. Save and exit again. Enable Fistful and restart the game. Choose your emblem and be on your way.

Clumsy... yes, but it works.
Thanks Cdr94, looks like you did a great job of troubleshooting this bug. Can you or someone else reading this send me one of your saved game from the pen, with the wintergarden upgrade available? I've only completed one and half patrol in my career so I can't even test it yet.

In the mean time I'll add your post to the first post so people are aware of the problem.

Thanks again.

Edit:

Perhaps it's related to this similar bug?

Quote:
[REL] Force Camouflage On (camo bug workaround) NEW version 1.1b containing all the u-boat skins.
---------------------------------------------

To those who might find this useful...

----------
WHAT IT IS
----------
This mod is a temporary workarround to the SH5 bug where camouflages applied to your uboat doesn't show in missions. Let's hope this will be fixed in a patch soon. But until then...
As of v.1.1 the mod contains every u-boat/conning tower/paint scheme available in the stock game. More skins to come...
I'll look at it as soon as I'm far enough in the campaign or someone sends me a saved game.

Old 03-27-10, 12:44 AM   #41
Bramtyr
Sailor man

Downloads: 19

I've started to work with Etheberge on trying to add some photorealism to the emblems. Here's a start on just a few:

these are all at 25% ... i haven't worked with any .dds texture files but I'm hoping someone has an idea on how to get them from .png into SH5, and retain its alpha channel. I can't on my mac at the moment, unfortunately, so I can't look into the process.
Bramtyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-10, 02:02 PM   #42
etheberge
Watch Officer

A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 UPDATED
--------------------------------------------

Updated to version 1.51. See first post for details.

Changelog
---------
v1.51:

-Fixed problem when adding second AA gun to Wintergarden. Huge thanks to TheBeast for finding the cause of this bug. Thanks also to Cdr84 and everyone else who investigated.
-Added updated emblem for U-995 from Ragtag.
-Added Weathered versions of 16 emblems from Gunfighter
-Added Weathered versions of emblems for 13th Flotilla, U-96 Green, U-552, and U-672 from Bramtyr
-Started change log :-)

Old 04-04-10, 02:05 PM   #43
etheberge
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
Changelog
---------
v1.51:

-Fixed problem when adding second AA gun to Wintergarden. Huge thanks to TheBeast for finding the cause of this bug. Thanks also to Cdr84 and everyone else who investigated.
Since I am still not advanced enough in the campaign to test this, I would appreciate it if someone can confirm that the fix for this bug works.

Old 04-05-10, 02:35 PM   #44
Danevang
Helmsman

Downloads: 160

Excellent mod! It's something that should have been in the game at release, but great that you made this, it really adds to the experience of the game.
Old 04-05-10, 03:58 PM   #45
Redlance88
Sailor man

Downloads: 67
Default also having some dificulty getting this mod to work.

{EDIT} ok I am an Idiot, it is working fine now, not sure exactly what I did wrong in the first place, but after a remove and re-enable I'm all sorted out now. even managed to create my own captains emblem. good mod thanks lots.

P.S. one can use "The GIMP" to make .dds files as well. ( worked fine for me at least) plug in required.

I have checked my mod folder to endure that the data folder is directly under the fist full of emblems folder and still no luck getting these to show up. any ideas? if it helps my boat is a type VIIC with twin flack guns, but no Extended lower level winter garden, just the raised flak mount with twin guns.

Last edited by Redlance88; 04-05-10 at 07:40 PM.
Redlance88 is offline   Reply With Quote