SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-17, 08:17 AM   #1
Vatis1982
Seaman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default Enemy subs into the game

Ahoy there.
Is there any mod that adds enemy subs into the game?
I mean operational subs not just dummies.
It would be very nice a real threat into the ocean.
Old 06-05-17, 10:55 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate is working on such an addition as we "speak", with multiple Japanese submarine models. It is unknown at this time how "accurate" they will be attacking, if we even add the AI_Torpedo stuff to them. There is no timetable, and it may never happen, just to balance any anticipation...

jhapprich has a mod in the downloads section relatively easy to find:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5205

There are a couple of other AI_Sub mods out there with torpedoes, but I'm not sure which ones are actually functional, or relatively accurate, or if they are even available anymore. Some one else will have to address that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 03:01 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatis1982 View Post
Ahoy there.
Is there any mod that adds enemy subs into the game?
I mean operational subs not just dummies.
It would be very nice a real threat into the ocean.
TMO(RSRD) has a Japanese fleet submarine, cloned off a uboat. Travels on surface, blows up real nice when a torpedo hits it. Will use it's deck gun.

In my current upgrade to RSRD I am placing each Japanese sub sunk by US submarines at the correct time and place it was encountered, some ULTRA messages will be included to direct to location, as RSRD does with convoys and German U boats. Some random encounters will be included as well. I just completed the sub traffic for 1944.This keeps these encountersfairly rare but possible, as they were in the war.

Major issue is figuring out how to make IJN subs show up on radar and if possible as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, get the AI torpedo mod to work. This would certainly change the game, even if not that accurate, it'd be a real threat , especially if they see you first and immediately launch fish as they do fire deck gun. Another issue would be to make sure their torpedoes are powerful enough that one hit destroys the sub, because as someone who was hit by a circle run Mark 18 recently, it didnt destroy the show as it should.

A lot of good things are in works on SH 4. I'm jut doing my upgrade to TMO RSRD. FOTRS is in progress and will be excellent, hope they are able incorporate enemy subs.

There are many things UBI did that irks me about SH 4 but not including enemy AI subs and friendly AI subs is one of them. Just beyond an oversight really.Once I have the IJN subs worked out, I plan to include friendly boats as well. Only imagine if had working AI fleetboats( we kind of do now) that can shoot torpedoes. Wolfpacks on the large convoys as were used in 43/44/45 would add to the sim.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 04:39 PM   #4
Vatis1982
Seaman

Yeah the game is very much alive. Especially because of the modders. If you think that it is a 10 years old game.
If I can recall SH3 had some sub vs sub combat. But unfortunately in SH 4 Ubi didn't put it in the game, even though Japan had a very respective number of submarine fleet.

Last edited by Vatis1982; 06-05-17 at 05:17 PM.
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-17, 10:00 AM   #5
Vatis1982
Seaman

OK TMO 2.5.
My first ever encounter with a Jap submarine.
Exactly that was the name of it if you click recognition.
That was my first time in SH 4 that I saw an enemy sub steaming in the ocean.
Never dived but has very effective deck gunners. To destroy it i chased it from distance and finally when I came to the right position:periscope depth, salvo 4 torpedoes, one hit and its over.
Very excited with that. Big surprise.
Oh the date was 20 of June 1944.
Somewhere between Indonesia and Philippines.
Old 06-21-17, 10:28 AM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatis1982 View Post
OK TMO 2.5.
My first ever encounter with a Jap submarine.
Exactly that was the name of it if you click recognition.
That was my first time in SH 4 that I saw an enemy sub steaming in the ocean.
Never dived but has very effective deck gunners. To destroy it i chased it from distance and finally when I came to the right position:periscope depth, salvo 4 torpedoes, one hit and its over.
Very excited with that. Big surprise.
Oh the date was 20 of June 1944.
Somewhere between Indonesia and Philippines.

I just added radar to the "Jap sub" in TMO/RSRD. Check out the SH 4 mods thread or downloaded section. I also plan to rename the sub in my next ship pack release.

As part of my RSRD upgrade, I am adding every sub sunk by US submarines in historical time and place they were encountered and sunk during the war, as well as a some randoms .

While we cant get them to show up on SJ radar yet, when they have radar(november of 44 until the end) and you have the radar warning receiver on your boat, helps detect them.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote