SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-14, 09:12 AM   #31
Pistitom
A-ganger

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Err, guys, I started UV mapping the sub, I' ve done the two rudders, with textures, but now I REALLY need some help here...( I know, throwing a tantrum isn't a nice thing...-see my previous post ) But now, I have some questions, related to Blender and the game. I've read the available maps list in the modding help forum, but unfortunately I don't really understand. Are these maps I have to apply in Blender, then import the sub in the game, or I have to add these maps in-game ,or what ? I apologize, really have no clue how to do these things. How do I know the way the sub will look like in game ?
I don't want to continue with the mapping, until I know I'm not doing sg stupid :-)))
Thank You all
Pistitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 07:23 AM   #32
Pistitom
A-ganger

Still WIP...

Old 08-19-14, 08:45 AM   #33
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

nice to look at, but i am afraid your model is not symmetric(check the look from the stern- the floodholes do not match, ando so does the missile comartment.sorry)
Old 08-19-14, 12:07 PM   #34
Pistitom
A-ganger

Sh*t, got so lost in the details...I can't believe I didn't see that...
Old 08-19-14, 02:04 PM   #35
Pistitom
A-ganger

Ok, thank God it was only the last six flood holes that were in the wrong place...That's fixed. But I can't fix the missile compartment. I'm not even sure we're talking about the same thing, what I found is that the right side of it is slightly closer to the center ( due to the thickness of the reference image lines- and me being an amateur :-)))).
Yeah, the stern area of the compartment isn't the nicest thing I've ever seen, had to do a lot of fixing there (same mistake again, didn't realize there were edges selected, ended up with a real mess, that's why it's bumpy, I hope I can fix it somehow, though I doubt it...displacement of that small round "hatch" thing on the right side of the rudder is the result ,I think I might be able to fix that...)

Old 08-25-14, 11:22 AM   #36
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

I have no idea on how to help you sadly but i always hoped someday a Borei class would be introduced to Silent Hunter 4, awesome work!!
Jhapprich really is the king around here, he can help for sure
Old 08-26-14, 01:22 AM   #37
Pistitom
A-ganger

thank You, I hope I will be able to finish it in a couple of months, I had to rebuild basically the whole stern part of the missile compartment, Jhapprich was right about it, now I'm getting close to finishing the model. I have to learn the texturing in Blender, ( the hardest part is the work in gimp, never used any program of that sort for anything ,have to learn that as well) and then comes the Silent 3ditor, which is another big leap in my PC studies :-)))).
I first wanted to create an interior for Ohio class, or Los Angeles , (the ones that have enough pics and videos for me to get a general idea) but that's way more difficult, so, first the Borei, than some interior.
Old 08-29-14, 09:28 AM   #38
Pistitom
A-ganger

trying to figure out texturing in blender...some of the body looks more or less ok, the sail is a mess...still working on the 3d model itself, but got anxious a bit :-)
I also have a question to texture gurus out there....I have a tiled texture I work with in Gimp. But when I draw the waterlines and other signs, I can import that back in blender successfully, but the tiled texture disappears. It has to do sg. with the layers, but couldn't figure out what...

Old 09-29-14, 09:12 AM   #39
Pistitom
A-ganger

I give up. I took a couple weeks off this project, now I'm back. And I still can't figure out how to add accurate markings to the skin. I can apply textures, bump map, normal map, amb. occlusion, etc ( although I still don't really know what is needed in game). But I can't do the markings, water line etc. So anyone who has time, and is willing to do this, is more than welcome to help me out. this is the only thing I still couldn't figure out. it's maddening. found no templates to copy-paste, no pics for accuracy, etc...like the good old Beatles sang...HELP
Old 11-09-14, 04:35 AM   #40
Chaoic16
Seaman

Downloads: 133

Wow, your submarine looks so incredible! Is there any of chance I can test your submarine in SH4? And how is the progress with your submarine so far?
Chaoic16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 06:19 PM   #41
Pistitom
A-ganger

Hey there, well, my motherboard died a month ago, so now I'm just trying to continue where I've left off, textures, markings, etc . Of course You can test it, if You know how to import it into the game, because I have no idea. But it'll take some time to finish..
Old 12-10-14, 06:33 PM   #42
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229

I just enquired in another thread about that 3D sub interior mod that was started years ago. Compartments missing in the default version of the game were being built (Goat Locker and Officer's Quarters, Crew Berthing, Engine rooms, Torp compartments, etc...). Unfortunately it seems that project died off. Looked like it was very good, thorough work, matching the detail and quality of the default control room and conning tower.

If something like that could be restarted with the quality that is shown below, that would be fabulous!

Really wish that mod was completed and released, though. Was really looking forward to it.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 08:33 AM   #43
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

Any word on the borei?

Don't give up, it looks great!
Old 04-17-15, 11:39 AM   #44
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default re:Interior Modding

since it take A LOT time to do make a new interior (i stopped work on the ALFA`s and Los Angeles`), i am currently trying the following for the Sierra: I took the SClass command room and added "covers" over the pipe etc. to fake a console(this is actually the cristmas tree).so now i have a modern looking console and i dont have to do all the work for lamps and buttons and dials. it wont be a sierra command room to the scale, but it will be a cheap-to-do modern interior. what i do is taking the model of the part i want to cover, built the cover in milkshape, adding the colliding parts of the original command room in neighbourhood and making that my pre-ambient occlusion model. i then bake the AO in seperate files, so i only have an uv-model of the cover and an ambient occlusion with the shadows of the other things around, and add the cover and a new material with the texure and my ao to the stock command room.voila ->

and before:

Old 04-17-15, 07:50 PM   #45
ZodiakLegion
Seaman

Downloads: 298

This looks absolutely amazing. Even better, it's a fresh project! I explicitly look forward to the beta/finished product! Good luck on the continuing work. Subscribing to thread
ZodiakLegion is offline   Reply With Quote