SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-13, 05:36 AM   #16
Cthulhus
Planesman

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

TRY THIS : (One of my friend have the exact same problem)

Launch the game with the recommendation above (about the properties tab) and then in the game menu, set all graphics to low and then launch the game ( restart it).

And then load you game.

If that work that mean that something on the graphics are not supported by your hardware. Then, add details on the graphics settings step by step till your game crash again.

For my friend, it was "3D Clouds" (and his computer is a Intel I7 with Gforce675 and 12Gb or ram ...)

Old 04-04-13, 06:55 AM   #17
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Xavier, your advice should help get the OP past his problem if he is exceeding the capabilities of his machine. But there is one flaw in your plan: By turning on one graphics option at a time until his system cries "Uncle!", he won't necessarily learn what is causing his problem. If the issue is overloading some element of the graphics card, then the option that causes the problem may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back. 3-D Clouds might work perfectly well in your friend's machine, as long as other options are turned off. And since different options stress different parts of the GPU, only an elaborate (and time-consuming, since you have to restart the game each time) set of tests would reveal the troublemaker(s).

A slightly different approach would be to first try the game in Low graphics mode. If it works, then consider which (if any) graphics features are really important to you. Got to have better clouds, better water, or better shadows? Pick one. Try the one you care most about first. If the game is still OK, try the next priority. As soon as the game looks acceptable to you, STOP! Go play and enjoy the game!

Not everyone has a GPU powerful enough to run this game with all graphics features enabled. One could upgrade the graphics card, but not everyone wants to, or can afford to do that. So there are two approaches: One is to try and squeeze the maximum graphics quality out of what you have. This is time-consuming, and, by pushing your system to the hairy ragged edge, risks more frequent CTDs. The other is to find the minimum level of graphics quality that lets you enjoy the game experience. This probably won't look as pretty, but will probably be more stable and responsive, so that the overall game experience is more enjoyable. YMMV.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 11:03 AM   #18
Sauroketh
Mate

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
@haltendehand
Try to disable these two mods and then look what's happen..

TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
TDW_IRAI_Inertia_Damage_Test

PS: Welcome aboard
It was Environemntal 15.5 (!!!) mod in me case, when I fugured It out I have used every curse and swearing enough to bring gods wrath upon me.
W_Clear, bro, you did a GREAT job, really, but I was really not prepared to hit a mine like this. It was an awful sleeples night, and you, W_Clear, were out of suspicion, Brutus, as sure as the sea is a rough place.
Sauroketh is offline   Reply With Quote