SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-19, 06:30 AM   #1
glilley
Loader

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0
Default Change Splash Screen While Saved/New Game Loading?

Is there an option to the rather colorful but arcade/comic book-like splash screen you get when loading new game out of bunker or loading saved game? Thanks!
glilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:35 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Try to replace the corrisponding dds file (or other file type) with something else...at your own risk.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 08:45 PM   #3
glilley
Loader

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Try to replace the corrisponding dds file (or other file type) with something else...at your own risk.

Well, that's too bad. I was hoping it could run a .txt file instead. I always edited mine in sh3/4, so instead of reading "Not so long ago" or "Give them hell boys!" I changed it to read "wait...wait...wait...wait"
glilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 08:49 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glilley View Post
Well, that's too bad. I was hoping it could run a .txt file instead. I always edited mine in sh3/4, so instead of reading "Not so long ago" or "Give them hell boys!" I changed it to read "wait...wait...wait...wait"

On my computer which is tending towards the higher performance end (4.0 ghz processor and decent grafic card), I don't have even the time to read all the splash screen messages, the game loads very quickly, except when I start a new campaign or campaign chapter, in which case it takes about 1 minute to load into the bunker on my system.
This also means that lower performance computers will take considerably longer. But try to play SH3 with WAC5 mod and you also need to be *very* patient, much more than with SH5

These splash screens are grafics coupled with text fonts for which there IS a textfile also, and you can in theory replace them with something else (that was not a joke from me). I have no idea how to 'mod' this however and wouldn't try for fear to lose game stability. (And also because I have no problem with it.)

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-13-19 at 09:02 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote